Home

Eu:njo

Sharpshooter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yaebginn

it wasnt angst. it was phycological stuff. all about the Force and how it connects with eerytihng and how it affects all.

It was angst. It was young adult hormones and problems, he thought he was the most brilliant person in the universe and only he knew what was going on. BLEGH.

I agree, old EU was better, but NJO isnt much worse. It wasnt as good, but that didnt mean it wasnt good at all. and he was the one being mature, he had great skillin the Force and yes, he was arrogant alot through the book, especially at centerpoint station. but i the end, it all works out. if you bothered to finish it.

Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov

i havent read any NJO but i like the idea of Yu shan vong.. how come some of you think its bad?? how can the story be bad´when its the biggest war the saga ever faced?! am i right??

well they turned jacen into an uber-whiny b*tch. Chewbacca died. The Yuuzhan Vong just totally reaked of borg. it's just... crap.

Chewbacca can't die it isn't physically possible...

I don't understand how you move a moon. I liked the battles of Star Wars because it was two almost equal sides. Those alien things were just supreme. Oh well, it isn't official so ... it is a matter of choice I guess.

Originally posted by yaebginn

so u dont like it cause chewie died? thats what gave it its spark. no one liked chewies death. People actually threatened RA Salvator.

... the hell? do you block out just all but one part of my sentences, that was just one reason I didn't like it.

and no, a single being (regardless of it's physical strength) could not possibly move a moon.

Originally posted by Ice Demon44

Chewbacca can't die it isn't physically possible...

I don't understand how you move a moon. I liked the battles of Star Wars because it was two almost equal sides. Those alien things were just supreme. Oh well, it isn't official so ... it is a matter of choice I guess.

False...it is official. George Lucas himself writes that the NJO Series are completely correct and official Star Wars in Vector Prime.

:fett:

Geez... in about half of your post you said that "GL himself said that NJO was real Star Wars..." thingy, change the tape... or at least provide us with a quote to back up what you are saying.

And nothing in the SW universe is official until GL puts it in one of his movies (also includes screenplay, script, novelisation... mostly)... I'm not saying it's not good or that it would be stupid to enjoy it, I'm just saying it's nothing more than fanfic with a budget.

I thought that the NJO was pretty good, overall. There were definately parts I didn't like, such as the death of Chewie and Anakin, but I have to admit that the Chewbacca thing created a whole tone for the remainder of the series. Nobody was safe and you had the feeling that a character was really in danger when you read a book. Unlike previous books, when you knew that no matter how tough C'Baoth or Thrawn were, Luke & co. would prevail.

The Y. Vong presented a different challenge, not being present in the force. The stories with Anakin were among the best, so I stayed pissed that he caught it, especially when a romance was budding with Tahiri. Tahiri was the most under written character of the series, btw. I would have liked to have read more of her exploits.

Still, there were definately books in the series that I thought were dry or too "fantasy-like." I've never liked the fantasy genre, so whenever a writer from primarily from that genre was commissioned I was less likely to enjoy the book. I would have liked to see a couple of books from A.C. Crispen. Her writing style is great and I thoroughly enjoyed the Han Solo trilogy she did.

My all-time favorite EU book is I Jedi.

IMO, Jacen was the best charatcer. Especially near the end. Anakin was cool. AC Crispen was great. Rebe; Dawn was like, my fav SW book ever. I,Jedi was great, too. Well written, it's among my favs as well. Luke and co, what the heck? Hans the real deal. For some reason, I srtill dont like Luke due to his pansy boy attitude in OT.

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I thought that the NJO was pretty good, overall.

:eek: I think this is the first time I've had to wonder if you might actually be insane Skin :xp:

My favorite EU is the stuff by Zhan, but he's one of my favorite Sci-Fi authors of all time anyways, so I just love his material.

Archived