Home

Heh, I need some help in a...conspiracy!!

PR-0927

IG, don't know what you've been smoking, but stop derailing the thread.

Majin, you've found the right man :D

Does he support your modelling of computer games? If he knows programming languages, he might understand your compassion for that. Tell him that a better video card could help your modelling.

Uh...all I can think of at the moment.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

tell him you'd like better video playback performance. thus you need a new video card ;)

yeah. if you guys have a digital video camera, tell him to get a good graphics card, a firewire slot and a dvd burner so you can edit all your home movies and put them onto DVD, not to mention transfers of old VHS onto DVD....

...worked for me.......its what I tell the taxman every year and I get I nice big refund for my rental notebook, meaning that I pay effectively $0 for it......

mtfbwya

Get/Borrow a 3D Editing Software, without your dad's knowledge.

See if the 3D Editing Software works, if it does, delete a crucial .dll file from the directory, so that it doesn't.

Tell your dad that you have decided to become a graphics designer and that you want to start with it now, but your graphic card can't support it, and you feel it is unfair. (Makesure it is something like Maya, 3D Max or something, not a Game Editor)

If your dad is generous enough, you can expect a graphic card. Be sure to "use" the program when your dad is around though.

Well, right now, he is off in Korea (he always oes on meetings trips for KSU, he works with liquid crystals), and he sent me an e-mail, to a reply of mine in which I asked about the new computer. He told me that I should use it for programming (he is teaching me C, and later C++ for modding), learning more about computers, and not just gaming. I told him I would use it for those three things, burning CD's, modding, doing homework, and surfing the web. I also had a small request...a better graphics card. I asked him if I could get a Dell, as we have two Dells in our house, the one I'm using now (Dell OptiPlex GX400), and my crappy Dell Inspiron 7000 Laptop.

In the request, I said that some very good games won't work, and some current games get a bit laggy (rarely though :D ).

So, think it'll work? He told me to look for "more computer for less money, not expensive computers with less stuff. Sounds like Dell to me, and he told me to look in Consumer Reports.

Jed, thanks for the advice, that might come in handy. I think he knows that I model, but he usually knows the problem of every program, and knows what programs use what types of hardware...

Thanx again!!

:fett:

Sheesh, you just gotta be honest and say whats its for, but do try and use it for something practical too.....I dont think you'll get too far pulling the wool over his eyes, seeing he has a physics PhD, that's darn clever !

*Votes Majin's Dad Cleverest Swampers Dad*

my dad made lollies :D

mtfbwya

Archived