Home

Star Wars theme for my wedding and funeral

Revlt Coranier

I get goosebumps when ever I hear the Star Wars theme. It means so much to me. That is why I have decided to have a Star Wars-themed wedding and funeral.

Wedding

As I walk down the isle-either the Throne Room song from A New Hope or the Imperial March

As my wife and I drive away-main Star Wars theme

At the reception-Cantina band songs, and Lapti Nek, plus others

I'll have the local Star Wars costuming group come. I'm thinking tons of Imperials or Rebels lined up on either side of the isle (a la the throne room from A New Hope). Then they can come to the reception and dance!

Funeral

Now for this, I have two ideas, either my body burning while wearing some Vader armor (a la Return of the Jedi) or my body being shot into the nearest star from aboard a starship (a la Star Wars novels).

Either way, the Force Theme will be playing. The song you hear while Luke is watching Vader's body burn in RotJ.

I think these are very fitting.

Again, I'll have Imps or Rebs there and saluting as my body is done away with.

BTW, I'm gonna hire John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra to play these songs.

my wife wouldn't let me... :(

i wanted to dress up as anakin, have the misses dress up like padme, have a carboard cut-out of r2d2 and c3p0 and have 'across the stars' playing in the background.

oh well.

hadn't thought about a star wars funeral.

and being a last dying wish nobody could refuse that!.

No, I think both the Imperial March (atleast definatly the Imperial March :D ) and the Throne Room music would be a wrong choice. :)

May I suggest use the Leia Theme from ESB? :)

It would be great, and definatly emotional, walking down the isle to that master piece. :)

As for the Funeral, I agree, but I would also incorporate the part where Yoda dies in that music score. I think that small piece is very powerfull.

My friend had an idea for a honeymoon.

We're on our honeymoon, and about to do the West Side Polka (if ya know what I mean ;)) and she is lying or sitting on the bed. I put on the Imperial March as I come out of the bathroom and walk towards her. So she knows that I'm thinking, BITCH, I'M GONNA TEAR YOUR SH*T UP!.

Archived