Home

How Can Boba Fett be Alive

Lecter 66

Only what appears on screen is considered "canon".
This may be technically correct, but since the prequels are so utterly feeble and devoid of merit, I prefer to think of them as non-canonical. Everyone should stop worshipping he of the beard and the triple-chin, and do likewise.

First off all, let me say I disaprove of your use a certain 3 letter word (or as you wrote it with 4), as it is used in a derogatory way.
Oh, so you think that people should be prevented from using the word "ghey" eh? Well see this thread.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
originally posted by Nokill

is it me or is tis a litle oftopic?

Just a little. :p

Anyway, I suppose the bottom line is this:

Lucas came up with this story, so he can do whatever the heck he wants with it. Since it is a work of fiction, however, the fans can believe whatever the heck they want as well.

So did Boba Fett really die? When all is said and done, it's really up to you to decide, and no one can refute it.

No, Boba Fett didn't die, no matter which story you believe. If you believe that he stayed in the Sarlacc pit, he's going to be alive for a thousand more years. The Sarlacc keeps its meal alive for the painful digestion process, which takes a thousand years.

The Sarlacc keeps its meal alive for the painful digestion process, which takes a thousand years.
Actually there's nothing in the canon to say specifically that the Sarlacc is capable of extending the lifespan of its victims to a millennium, only that it takes the Sarlacc a millennium to digest the tissues of its victims.

Originally posted by iamtrip

My threads about horses, emus and flamingos always get locked, even though they're in the right forum.

I had nothing to do with that. If you want to talk to the person(s) who handled it, in private to discuss, feel free. Still, I'm sure they had a good reason, per the rules, such as those against spammy posts.

Originally posted by Nokill

Fett's return from the dead was first chronicled in a 1984 Star Wars #81 comic entitled "Jawas of Doom." A dyspeptic Sarlacc regurgitates the hunter onto the desert sands. Fett, stunned and suffering amnesia, stumbles across Solo once again. The tale ends with Fett tumbling into the Sarlacc again, though it was definitely not his last appearance.

In 1985, Fett made an appearance in the animated Droids television series. Toronto-based Nelvana Studios had animated Fett once before, in the aforementioned Holiday Special. Fett's second ink-and-paint cameo aired in the episode "A Race to the Finish."

In 1992, Dark Horse's Dark Empire comic saga was shaking up the Star Wars universe. It was in these full-color pages that readers discovered that Fett was alive and well, and once again on Solo's trail.

the rest ;) [/b]

The "Jawas of Doom" thing was a surprise even to me when I heard about it, and it seems to be real enough (though that would make a great JA clan name don't you think?). Sort of like the 1980 article about Stormtroopers being clones. These just seem to be ideas that weren't picked up on by the EU writers until decades later (when they were running out of ideas).

As to the Droids cartoon, I'm almost positive that those took place BEFORE Return of the Jedi, because I remember references to Jabba the Hutt (as if he were still alive). Unless they also brought Jabba back from the dead in that animated series, it HAD to have taken place pre-ROTJ.

The Star Wars Holiday Special seems to have been de-canonized by Lucas himself after its embarrassing premier, but even if parts of it are still official, I would think that the cartoon debut of Fett is not, since it contradicts almost everything else we know about him from the movies. And in the SWHS itself, it's just a "story" that Chewie's son Lumpy is watching anyway, so it may just be a fairytale or his imagination at work. ; )

Archived