Home

Imperial Walker Weak spots ??

rut-wa jodar

When I'm using the AT-AT enemy rockets really shake the cabin quite a bit. The turrets also hammer pretty well, but the damage is not huge. In the end you need cooperation of a few rocket troops and turrets to take on an AT-AT. If you have rockets use a Tauntaun to get in close (out of gun range of the AT-AT)

Of course the Snow Speeder cable is the best bet.

On the recieving end, there's nothing worse than seeing an AT-AT's head turn in your direction after hitting it with a missle.

richzc3

As long as you're an Imperial Pilot (who can fix any damage from in the cockpit), Vanguard's missiles really shouldn't be a bother. They'll sooner run out of missiles or be sniped before they can do any real damage. Usually if a Vanguard launches a missile at you, they're giving away their position, and are setting themselves up to be blown away by incoming cannon fire. The anti-vehicle cannons (dishes that fire yellow-orange blasts) can be a threat when all the cannons are concentrated on you, but one well-placed blast from the AT-AT main cannons will blow it to bits.

Other Rebel methods I've found sufficive are the Orbital Strikes called via Marksman's Recon Droids, and Vanguard's Mines (you can't avoid them if they've been placed underneath you). Although usually the Vanguard blows himself up when placing the mine (it blows up instantly, seeing the AT-AT :p ), they take out a good amount of the AT-AT's armor. I haven't tried using the Wookiee's Time Bombs, but I'm sure they're about as effective as Mines (and they don't blow up instantly, so the Wookiee has a chance to escape).

The main threat to AT-AT's is the Snowspeeder (only if there's a gunner to fire the tow cable of course). I've found it easy to shoot down the Snowspeeders as they're making their rounds. One direct hit from the main cannons will take down the Snowspeeder. So man the guns, pilots!

Originally posted by mrflippy

Mines do quite a bit of damage to vehicles as well, but snow speeders are the best way to take out AT-ATs. (It seems like it's almost too easy to take out the AT-ATs with snow speeders in fact)

i agree... snowspeeders, in the hands of a good pilot, have no "natural predators", although they can be taken down by well-timed atat/atst/turret,etc blasts..

Honestly I don't think any of the vehicles have any special "weak spots." Hit them anywhere with a weapon that can harm them and they will take damage.

I only play the PC version, so if I'm wrong fine, but that's my observation.

About the only thing that is different from that is if there is a gun visible (ie: a guy manning a turret or something) in which case you can save yourself some time by hitting the guy in the head, thus removing the danger of the turret without having to destroy the whole vehicle. Of course in the case of regular stationary turrets, a new enemy will hope right into it, so using a rocket to blow the thing up is a good idea too.

I think it's almost impossibile to take out an at-st with the :sspeeder: the back of the head was their weak spots hmmm... never tryed just tryed front of the head (that works in rouge squadron/rouge leader) the wookiee time bomb is rather useless against as well both at-sts and :atat: it's hell lot easier to take them out with a :sspeeder:

And if TK is in this forum I spelled "wookiee" the right way:D

Originally posted by TK-8252

There is no weak spot on the AT-AT.

No, its the neck.

And the Snowspeeder's "natural Predator" is th AT-ST. So the AT-ATs have to coordinate with the AT-STs in order for the AT-ATs to suvive.

Most of the time my teammates usually go with their AT-STs to the shield generator on hoth. But the generators are the most effected by the AT-ATs so in summary.

THE AT-STs ARE SUPPOSED TO GUARD THE AT-ATs!

Originally posted by TK-8252

There is no weak spot on the AT-AT.

No, its the neck.

And the Snowspeeder's "natural Predator" is th AT-ST. So the AT-ATs have to coordinate with the AT-STs in order for the AT-ATs to suvive.

Most of the time my teammates usually go with their AT-STs to the shield generator on hoth. But the generators are the most effected by the AT-ATs so in summary.

THE AT-STs ARE SUPPOSED TO GUARD THE AT-ATs!

Archived