Home

Just got home from Goatwhore and Deicide

CapNColostomy

And it was a great show! Jungle Rot, who wasn't even on the bill showed up and played an awesome set. I got to shake hands with Ben Falgoust (vocalist-Soilent Green, Goatwhore) and Sammy 'Satan' Duet my long time guitar and screaching vocal hero from Acid Bath, Crowbar, and Goatwhore. I even talked to him for a couple minutes. I wish I had some pics to share. I did manage to score a new Goatwhore shirt and if I can find a pic somewhere of what it looks like I'll post it.

Originally posted by Pie™

Meh, Astro turned me on to both of those bands...

You should have taken me with you :crybaby:

too bad about the pics though...

:)

Funny you should mention that, Pie. I actually thought of you pretty often while I was there because there was a kid there that reminded me of your pic. This kid was in EVERY pit that opened up (except during Goatwhore's set where he stood up front by me and kept his horns in the air the whole time), and I even encouraged him to start a couple. Moshing's not my thing. I'd rather be watching the band. But anyways, I met your American twin or counterpart or whatever the hell last night.

Here's a list of everyone I saw last night in order of appearance.

Skullpl8

Diabolic

Jungle Rot

Cattle Decapitation

Goatwhore

Deicide

Originally posted by Hiroki

Do any of them have non-violent names? They all sound short of a full drawer of knives...no, bad example, they probably have several...short of a few apples then. :p

They're probably still frustrated that they got thier apples picked from thier branches, if you know what I mean. :xp:

Originally posted by Hiroki

Do any of them have non-violent names? They all sound short of a full drawer of knives...no, bad example, they probably have several...short of a few apples then. :p

Actually, short of Cattle Decapitation I fail to see how any of the names are violent. And you might also condider the subject matter most of these bands write songs about. It ain't the friggin' Gin Blossoms.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Funny you should mention that, Pie. I actually thought of you pretty often while I was there because there was a kid there that reminded me of your pic. This kid was in EVERY pit that opened up (except during Goatwhore's set where he stood up front by me and kept his horns in the air the whole time), and I even encouraged him to start a couple. Moshing's not my thing. I'd rather be watching the band. But anyways, I met your American twin or counterpart or whatever the hell last night.

Here's a list of everyone I saw last night in order of appearance.

Skullpl8

Diabolic

Jungle Rot

Cattle Decapitation

Goatwhore

Deicide

Aaaw, I luv ya too CapN :):p

And the cover of Cattle Decapitation's newest cd is fruity-licious :p

How you like my new sig? ;P

Do any of them have non-violent names?
How about Cock & Ball Torture (yes, that's an actual band) :p

Originally posted by IG-64

I don't think goatwhore is a very good name for a band >_>;

LMAO... :D

IG, I'd pay a million bucks to see you in a Goatwhore T shirt man :D

Cap, c'mon, how was Deicide ?!! Do you remember any of the song names :D How were Benton and the boys technicially ??

Well until Hell freezes over(no pun intended!) I'm sure i'll never get to see GW and Deicide in a double bill here in Oz....ya lucky bugger !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

LMAO... :D

IG, I'd pay a million bucks to see you in a Goatwhore T shirt man :D

Cap, c'mon, how was Deicide ?!! Do you remember any of the song names :D How were Benton and the boys technicially ??

Well until Hell freezes over(no pun intended!) I'm sure i'll never get to see GW and Deicide in a double bill here in Oz....ya lucky bugger !

mtfbwya

They were great man. The crowd (short of a handfull of us) was definately there to see them. I can't recall what they started with, but the second song was Bastards of Christ. I remember that because Benton got hit square in the chest with a beer during their first song and started freaking out calling for the crowd to "turn over the little pussy that did that **** so me and my crew can kick his ass or I cut my set in half". I thought he over-reacted a little, but anyways, they sounded very tight.

Goatwhore's about to kick off another tour with Cannibal Corpse (who I fookin' love),Napalm Death, Kataklysm, and Vader. I hope to hell that they come around here. Cannibal Corpse and Goatwhore in the same building would kick so much ass!

[EDIT] Hell yeah I like your sig, Pie. It's pretty funny.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

They were great man. The crowd (short of a handfull of us) was definately there to see them. I can't recall what they started with, but the second song was Bastards of Christ. I remember that because Benton got hit square in the chest with a beer during their first song and started freaking out calling for the crowd to "turn over the little pussy that did that **** so me and my crew can kick his ass or I cut my set in half". I thought he over-reacted a little, but anyways, they sounded very tight.

Goatwhore's about to kick off another tour with Cannibal Corpse (who I fookin' love),Napalm Death, Kataklysm, and Vader. I hope to hell that they come around here. Cannibal Corpse and Goatwhore in the same building would kick so much ass!

[EDIT] Hell yeah I like your sig, Pie. It's pretty funny.

he he he. that reminds me of the time someone sprayed mace in henry rollins face when he jumped into the crowd here.....I dunno what happenned to the guy at your concert CapN, but the dude at Rollins got plucked from the crowd by 7 Maori crewmen..I'd hate to think what became of him :D

wow, Goatwhore, CC and ND and Vader no less....all F*kn kick ass bands.. geez, livin in Oz sucks as far as concerts go :(

*goes off to listen to "Hammer Smashed Face" ...all time most brutal Cannibal Corpse Track* :p:rock:

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

*goes off to listen to "Hammer Smashed Face" ...all time most brutal Cannibal Corpse Track* :p:rock:

mtfbwya

If I had to pick just one, it would be a very close toss up between Unleashing the Bloodthirsty, Skull Full of Maggots, Gallery of Suicide, ****ed With a Knife, and Devoured By Vermin. But Unleashing the Bloodthirsty would win it for me. Hammer Smashed Face is a pretty good older CC song though.

Wow. Awfull lot of people posting in this thread just to poke fun at band names and song titles. :rolleyes:

Honestly folks, this is thread seems pretty obviously geared towards people interested in contributing to the discussion, and since the band names were more than obvious, the rest of you are pretty much spamming the thread.

Anyone disagree?

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Wow. Awfull lot of people posting in this thread just to poke fun at band names and song titles. :rolleyes:

....the rest of you are pretty much spamming the thread.

thats right.....anyone who is really into this type of music and these bands knows that the band and song names are just part of the package, at the end of the day, the music is totally brutal and awesome, and that what it's REALLY all about............ :D

METAL TILL YOU DIE !!!!!!!!!!!! :rock::p

so until Britney or Michael Bolton make a song about satanic sacrifice, the rest of these spammin whiners should stop talkin sh*t about these awesome bands.... :D

Blackout a deicide fan ! coolage. PM me guv :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Honestly folks, this is thread seems pretty obviously geared towards people interested in contributing to the discussion, and since the band names were more than obvious, the rest of you are pretty much spamming the thread.

Anyone disagree?

Yeah, lay off us metalheads :mad:

*puts on Carcass - Cadaveric Incubator of Endoparasites* :rock:

Archived