Home

OT DVD ghost scene

Zerosaber

Would you rather have Shaw or Hayden as Anakin in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Shaw or Hayden as Anakin in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ

• Sebastian Shaw
    • Hayden Christiansen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the guy can SMILE convincingly TheExileReturns.

It makes sense having Hayden, they have Yoda as he died, Obi-wan as he died and Anakin as he "Died", as Obi-wan said he ceased to be Anakin Skywalker.

The older man is Darth Vaders body, not Anakins.

But "Darth Vaders body" returned to the light side right before he died, thus negating that theory. It's a bad, bad change to make and the arguments against definetly carry more weight than for, but unforgivable? Not really.

As for having our cake and eating it too, one person (I can't remember where) suggested a compromise.

Show the three Force Ghosts (or Jedi Spirits, whatever you want to call 'em) as they are in ROTJ for the normal duration, and then have them slowly fade into "younger" versions of themselves. Shaw becomes Christiansen, Guiness becomes McGregor and finally ol' Yoda puppet becomes CG Yoda in his prime like we've never seen before... at a spry 100 years of age, or something. ;)

This could show the characters as they were when they REALLY died, all as old men, and their "rejuvination" in the Force to show that age no longer has any meaning for them. Luke smiles, rest of movie continues as before.

Or the 11th....

Actually I think some enterprising fan could do it right now as a "test concept" animation or something. Just use a shot or two of Yoda and Ewan from ROTS. Maybe a better shot of Anakin not doing his "stalker stare"... ;)

Pass it around the 'net and perhaps Lucas will get the message!

Whether or not Anakin called himself "Darth Vader" or not at that point is irrelevant. He died as an old man and his soul, which was Anakin Skywalker- became one with the force then. He didn't die in Episode III. To say he died then would be figuratively speaking. George Lucas is way too happy re-editing his old films and re-inventing the wheel each time. Just leave the Shaw ghost in for cryin' out loud...

I did something I never thought in a million years I'd ever do, and I voted Hayden. The reason is this: I have small kids. 4 of them, all 6 or under. My boy's 4. So he gets the movies to an extent, but until I got the OT on dvd, I don't think he fully understood that it was Anakin at the end of Jedi until he saw Hayden. I've watched Jedi with him several times, and until we saw it together on dvd, he'd never commented on that scene. As it is, he said "Look Dad! Anakin's a ghost!" I never really got the message that these movies (PT, to be specific) aren't just made for me, but also for the kids of today until that happened.

Eh, not good enough reason.

Maybe not for you, but for CapN it seems it was good enough. We aren't here to convince you.

If he's 4 he's not old enough to watch it anyway. :D

Care to give us the retarded logic that led you to this conclusion?

Most people that saw Star Wars were 4-5. Star Wars has always been for little kids, what was marvelous about it was it entertained people of all generations.

I don't agree with the "4 year olds understand it better" logic because, well, we just saw Shaw 2 minutes ago and 4 year olds could understand it back in the 80's! Unless the argument for the change is '4 year olds have become stupider' then I totally disagree with that as a good enough reason for the change.

Errr, Sith, you really need to read posts better.

You might notice the :D at the end of the sentence?

I rest my case. ;)

(see, Kurgan, this is more than enough to win an "argument" :D no need to drag it out ;) )

EDIT: Hmm, in case that will also be missunderstood, yes I'm kidding. ;)

I don't agree with the "4 year olds understand it better" logic because, well, we just saw Shaw 2 minutes ago and 4 year olds could understand it back in the 80's! Unless the argument for the change is '4 year olds have become stupider' then I totally disagree with that as a good enough reason for the change.

That's not the argument at all. I'm just saying he knows Anakin as Hayden. He's not stupid, he just likes PT alot, and identifies the character of Anakin as Hayden easier than Shaw, because Shaw was Anakin for five ****ing minutes, tops, and Hayden got a little more than four hours as Anakin. There. I spelled it out for you. I don't ask that you agree with the logic, just that you exercise basic reading and comprehension skills, and maybe realize that we're talking about a ****ing four year old.

Archived