Home

OT DVD ghost scene

Zerosaber

Would you rather have Shaw or Hayden as Anakin in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Shaw or Hayden as Anakin in the ghost scene at the end of ROTJ

• Sebastian Shaw
    • Hayden Christiansen

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

More machine than man. Hmph.

socrates himself does tremble at that mighty logic, as Spider AL might say :p

well Shaw as a ghost wasnt machine, since its all symbolic it would seem to indicate he was finally free of being Vader, so i still say it makes no sense for him to present himself as the young man who fell to the dark side rather than the redeemed man

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it's not THAT bad that you have to switch from DVD to VHS to see Sebastian Shaw. Good lord.

Although I'd prefer Shaw, it's not life threatening enough to switch between dvd and vhs just to see Shaw as a ghost.

On another note, this is why I like LotR: I know Peter Jackson won't change The Two Towers so that the Uruks shoot first at Helm's Deep instead of the old guy :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

...but Obi-Wan and Yoda do? And which documentary is this in?

Lucas also refers to this issue briefly during the commentary for ESB, somehere on Dagobah(I cant rememeber exactly)

I am well used to the Hayden Ghost now. It adds to the overall continuity of the 6 films as well....

mtfbwya

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Whoa...

*embarrasing moment*

Coming from someone who didn't care about the DVDs... what else did they change? I planned to buy them one day because I thought they only added the deleted scenes (not to mention quality).

Check this thread for an extensive list of changes made to the DVD box set. It's a sticky at the top of the forum.

also check these articles out, they are very complete :

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=8&n=1&k=star+wars&c=28

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=8&n=1&k=star+wars&c=29

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=8&n=1&k=star+wars&c=7867673

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...this debate still raging ?? :p I think everyone who has listened to GLs commentaries will know that we just have to wait til May to hear the full story, and then everyone can come back here and whine about how GL is teh suXXrZ for raping your childhood memories :(

Shaw is dead. He dont care no more. Its part of an actors life to know some of their performance can be cut or altered. It happens in film *all the damn time* And Shaw is still in there in the most important bit(the unmasking).... so I dont see the fuss :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

And Shaw is still in there in the most important bit(the unmasking).... so I dont see the fuss :)

mtfbwya

That is of course, until all the actors in the prequels have aged 50 odd years and the OT is remade with Ewan and Hayden. ;)

*opens up a can of worms*

• 6 months later...

Archived