Home

"You'll find clones are immensely superior to droids..."

Prime

Originally posted by Xavier2

They also differ in gender, age and race. It can be used to fake different ranks. All we have to do is create unique textures and place them at the many types of republic npcs in app.2da:)

Xavier2 has answered one of your questions already.

It will probably come with the rifle.

Dunno about the last one though.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR

The kotor republic troops got just two ranks, regular troops and the fat officers, so how are you going to put all the Clonetroopers in game?

Prime i figure a way to do this. If you want i can send you the an app.2da and models for each rank. All you have to do is e-mail me the armors.uti.

Xavier2:)

Originally posted by Archonon

Good God, Prime & Co you guys have outdone yourselves!

I like this even more than the Stormtrooper armor.

Are you saying my stormtrooper skins suck, dude? :mad:

Just kidding. :) Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully this mod will be received as well as the stormtrooper mod seems to have been.

Forgive me if you've been asked these questions before but exactly how are you planning to implement these into the game?

Could you be more specific? Oh, it seems you have...

I mean, will it be like the Stormtrooper armor where you have 1 armor for the PC and a replacement for the Sith troopers or even Republic soldiers?

The final details are still being worked out, but it looks like there will be various releases in different forms as a part of a larger overall mod. I don't want go into a lot of specifics at this point, but the clone troopers will likely appear as both player/NPC usable armours as well as replacements for other characters in the game.

Since the Stormtrooper armor was just a single variant it could replace the Siths but with so many variations of the Clonetrooper armor how are you planning to implement this ingame, if you are planning to have someone else aside the PC wear it.

Xavier2 has this all figured out, apparently. Smart fellow. :)

I assume the armors will be bundled with the rifle?

Yes they will.

Finally, will you place this as items obtained during the game? Or will they only be accessible via the console? I ask because I don't use the console thing and if that's the only way to get the armors then I won't download this when it comes out.

Like the stormtrooper mod, the armours and helmets will be available both through cheats and as "treasure" found throughout the game.

Great job, this has the real stamp of pros over it.

Thanks. If only we got payed like pros. It would make my wife happier... :)

Originally posted by Xavier2

Prime i figure a way to do this. If you want i can send you the an app.2da and models for each rank. All you have to do is e-mail me the armors.uti.

Cool. I'll send everything over once I get the seperate helmet models from bneezy and finish the UTI files for them...

Originally posted by Prime

Are you saying my stormtrooper skins suck, dude? :mad:

Just kidding. :) Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully this mod will be received as well as the stormtrooper mod seems to have been.

Noooooo! I love the Stormtrooper mod; I just happento like the clone armor's look better he, he, he.

Thanks. If only we got payed like pros. It would make my wife happier...:)

It'd be great if you were paid for it yeah, and as for the wife guess you'll have to resort to chocolate just like the rest of us as cheap compensation...

Thanks so much for answering my questions you and Xavier2. It's so great to be able to find it ingame.

I really look forward to this mod, I really hope this can eventually be passed into TSL also.

Will you guys also try to mod TSL when it comes out? I'd love to see Jedi Armors since the devs never put them in.

Actually I was referring more to the knight-like armors I've seen from comics illustrations, semi-plate armors with helmets and capes if that's at all possible.

I have no idea what the clone war series armors look like, I've never seen the series.

But any Jedi armor would be cool!

Will you guys also try to mod TSL when it comes out? I'd love to see Jedi Armors since the devs never put them in.

I'm pretty sure that's going to be a "given". Too many free-spirits around here to stay away from that "fresh kill".

I personally will play the game through 3-4 times beforehand before attempting a mod...plus it depends on what tools are going to be required / available.

loosely quoted from Darth333, if all else fails...we can always try to use the "old-fashioned way" tools.

Guess it's time to learn the ins and outs of GFF Editor...just in case.... ;)

That sounds really great ChAiNz, I know it will take a while for the transition into TSL modelling but hopefull it won't be too complicated since a lot is the same as this game.

As for the armor I referred to, I meant something like this:

http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/starwars/Jedi_armor_ancient.jpg

I apologize for the size of the pic, I know there's a bigger one but I can't find it just now. But this gives you the general idea of the kind of armor I was truly hoping to see for Jedi ever since the first KotOR was announced. I really hope you guys could do something like this for TSL (Which hopefully will allow for capes and such), it's the only thing I felt was missing from KotOR and now KotOR 2.

I know Mono, that's why I was hoping to see this type of armor being done in TSL, if it is possible.

Anywho, sorry Prime for changing the thread from the Clone armors for a bit, I just wanted to show what type of armor I was talking about.

Really am looking forward to these, so if you're gonna replace the Republic soldiers with the Clones and the Stormtroopers replace the Sith, then the clones will be fighting the Stormtroopers?

I'm not sure about that. I suspect that the new mod will alter the appearance.2da file as well...

That's true. I'm assuming they would add the appropriate changes to the appearances.2da. I was just commenting that it should be doable is someone so desired.

Originally posted by bneezy

That's true. I'm assuming they would add the appropriate changes to the appearances.2da. I was just commenting that it should be doable is someone so desired.

True.

Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR

So you can release appearance.2da with Republic and Sith modified.

Frankly, I don't see the appeal of that. The stormtroopers and clone troopers look very similar, especially at a distance, and it makes no sense from a story standpoint...

Just an update for those interested. Xavier2 sent me the replacement files so that the Republic troopers are replaced by clone troopers. Here are some new screenshots...

rep1.jpg

rep2.jpg

rep4.jpg

rep3.jpg

Everything is more or less finished. I just need to tweek a few things and write up the readme. We are aiming to get it out this week, but don't quote me on that. :)

Archived