Home

Endor Siege

monsoontide

very cool, i didnt have tons of time to test it, but i kept getting an MAX_CVARS error even on a fresh install of JA w/ nothing extra in it and a fresh config. this was only when using the menu to join, so i did a simple /team r to get in game w/o the error. amazing what one can do with the JA engine, the only overly annoying thing i noticed was the inability to move when 'completing' an objective.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Party!

Hope you can at least get time to give it a whirl Kurgan, as of right now - yours is about the only feedback I've had.

So since I've had requests to this with the maps or that with it, I may just end up releasing the MAP files so whoever wants to can bend them to their own purposes...

REally have to struggle for enthusiasm for the project at the moment.

Hells yeah! I wish I had more time, but honestly I've been swamped. I want your mod to end up the best it can be 'cause Endor Siege in the classic style would kick major a$$!

Don't give up and release it half finished, trust me I will help, when I get the time... it just can't be before Wed night!

Any feedback?

Any at all....

The problem is of course, the trees.

To get it to look like a forest you need a **** load of these - otherwise it looks like really sparse and not like endor at all.

Hence, the comping time is just phenominal at the moment.

Really, I have to get the enthusiasm to go back through and rework the positions and sizes of all the trees.

Trying to make stuff look like a forest in the Quake engine is a nightmare.

If I could've had a little word to Id/Raven about the way the maps blend into the skybox!!!

So currently it looks like a forest - but I can't be arsed waiting four days for it to comp. (And there's three separate maps now!)

That's funny and a little ironic. Many moons ago when I posted I had lots of ENDOR files for people to use no one wanted them. I think I gave them away to Lindsey...maybe. I had 80% of a Siege map finished. I had ground with tons of plants and MANY low poly trees. I had it to the point where it looked like the Endor forest while still maintaining good framerates. Again, WITH screenshots, no one was interested. So while I lost my original files I think some mapper here has them. But since no one is interested in how I maintained good frames I'll leave that here to die. :(

Sounds like you guys should compare notes!

Anyway, I'm about to update the downloads page, so that it reflects the current version of Endor Siege AND OJP basic. ;)

PS: Monsoontide, you misspelled a word in the PCgamemods.com description:

SIEGE Batlle Of Endor - Ewok Village, Imperial Bunker & Shield Generator Complex

Oops! Btw, that one on this page is the most current release, right? 'Cause that's the one I'm uploading atm...

Hmmm, this is going to take some research. The way the siege objectives are triggered/completed is foiling my bots. The problem is that the game stores completed/uncompleted flags for objectives on both the rebel/imperial sides, but doesn't update them properly on maps where objectives are shared between teams. As such, when the TABBots are on a map where the objectives are seperate, it really screws them up.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's worth it. Let's face it, a lot of people will want to try it out, and without working bots, that's much harder to do.

'Sides, it would be useful for any future projects that have objectives for both teams. When Siege first was introduced a lot of folks thought it was "too simplified."

Unfortunately, most of the maps, including the basejka ones, the games really care if the objective has been completed for both teams or not. As such, the objectives menu and the bots treat an objective as completed as soon as it's finished for one team.

I beleive I could fix it by making the system by default toggle every objective for both teams at the same time and have a new .siege file attribute that makes an objective be toggled individually. Any suggestions on what to call that attribute?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived