Home

Why I'm Waiting for the PC Release

beel2112

Well, there are two reasons really. One, I don't want to pay for the game twice (I do have an X-box). But the main reason, the raison d'etre for this topic, is this:

Look at the main StarWarsKnights.com page. Immediately prior to this posting, there were a grand total of 69,113 posts. Of these, 31,870 (~46% of the total) were in Holowan Labs, the modding forum.

A big shout out to the PC modders of KotOR--may they continue their work with KotOR II. :)

Originally posted by starmark2k

About a 8 months ago i had to chose between buying a ps2 or an x-box, i choose a PS2, I regret that decission everyday since i heard of KOTOR2.

For the last 2 years I've had the same contemplation over which to choose and yet I've bought neither so far because most of everything I play and do is on PC and the games on those other 2 substandard systems that aren't available to pc usually aren't worth wanting to own and play. I like my update patches and fixes for PC which you don't get with those systems plus extra content that usually does not get put into the console systems, Can we say Yavin IV for kotor anyone.

Originally posted by Darkkender

...and the games on those other 2 substandard systems that aren't available to pc usually aren't worth wanting to own and play.

I would have changed this to "a great number of the games". There are some quality games on consoles if you look beyond you LOTR and Pokemon games. Most are crap though.

IMO Substandard is harsh. XBox raised the level of consoles and not the next PS will copy its lead. Any console is going to pale in comparison in specs to any pc where you get to choose your own video and sound cards. But I'm betting the average PC gamer's(not the hardcore loyal PC gamers) specs on their PC don't match the XBox's.

But your right consoles have nothing but limitations and PCs don't. My big problems with consoles is the games are geared to kids. That's changed a little lately but most console games are short on story and big on button pushing and can be beat in a couple of hours.

But like I said this seems to be changing.

Ofcourse PC is better, there is no doubt about that, you can upgrade it, mod games with it, and im a XBOX addict! If everyone could afford it, everyone would have a high-powed PC and that would do away with the consoles altogether, but you see not everyone can afford it and the XBOX is the next best thing to having that high-powered PC but at a cheaper price! Plus you cant beat XBL, that is the best thing to come to the game console sence Mario bak in the day!

Originally posted by GodVegeta1982

Thats what there gonna do by 2006, its gonna be called(could change) XBOX Next PC(catchy huh? lol) the suppose to release 3 differnt XBOX's...XBOX Next, XBOX Next HD(Hard Drive), and XBOX Next PC.

Watch that XBOX PC be $2500-$3000. I wonder who's doing the hardware for the PC version.

Originally posted by starmark2k

I have a solution to this. Microsoft should make a X-PC a pc with an in built x-box.

Heheh Alienware will probably beat M$ to the punch...that'd be sweet... or sub-license Alienware to make the darn thing...

me...I'll stick with my PC on steroids. At least when I build my own (as all of mine are), I know who to go to, to complain when something doesn't work ;)

Originally posted by CaptainSkye

Really, all an X-Box is is a big PC, so that wouldn't make much sense (however cool it would be:D ).

Yeah for those not in the know A XBOX uses a stripped down Intel P4 Celeron with all of the non-gaming related extras that the chipset contains removed.

Bah Alienware sucks. Their PC are always overpriced IMO. I can build a nice system for a much lower cost.

I posted something about this in another forum a few days ago.

Those who know how to use and maintain a PC correctly, normally go for PC instead of the console. The PC lover will usually have a machine that outpowers any and every console that will ever exist(though I am now unsure of this statement). Of course, it taes time to manage a PC and money to build a good system.

That's why some go down to the consoles. They require less maintenance, less money and less worries. However, most of the games as of now are still mostly for a class of gamer that likes fast action and relies heavily on who can push the right button faster then the other(again, more and more games for consoles are going against the old current).

The controller also is a lot of trouble for PC gamers. Some PC games are ill-adapted for console. As such, strategy games are rare on the console. On the other hand, platformers are rare on the PC.

In my opinion, I think we should seperate the two. Keep it likes it was, PC for more strategic games and FPS and consoles for more button fests.

Archived