Home

Jason Giambi admits to steroid use.

ckcsaber

Well, I'm not suprised. Actually most people who watch baseball shouldn't be suprised...

link

Looks like he got the drugs from Bond's personal dealer.

You got to love the situation the Yankees are in, though. Giambi's got 76 MILLION dollars left on his contract, and he just had a horrible year because the league began a steroid testing program. Look at the Yankee pride now. They're going to have a 90 million hunk of crap rotting on their team for years to come.

And now, your moment of zen.

Giambi in 2001, all roid'd up

jason.jpg

Giambi in his rookie year, Gumby's stunt double.

040302giambi.jpg

While this certainly isn't a surprise, I do find it disappointing. Hopefully this causes some players to finally come clean about their usage (Bret Boone, we're looking at you). I'm just glad that pitchers don't use steroids (or, if they do, they'd be stupid to).

Originally posted by KBell

Atleast Giambi is admitting it. Barry isn't fooling anyone .

Yeah, I feel the same way. I just watched a commentary on SC predicting Bonds passing Babe Ruth's record + admitting/caught of using steroids = PR disaster for the MLB.

Pfft, steroids. "I know, let's grow bags of useless water under our skin and pretend they're powarfol MUSCALS!!!111"

Pathetic people with self-image problems. You want a power physique? Look at a Thai boxer. Or a classical wrestler. THAT'S what muscle looks like.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Pathetic people with self-image problems.

Athletes dont take steriods for their image. That's why they call the ones used by Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi "Proformance enhancing drugs" not "Look big and muscular for the public drugs"

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

yeah, that Giambi was always on a one way road to self destruction :( He shouldve stopped hangin around with prickle, goo and pokey, and spent less time chasing the blockheads :(

gumby_200_040403.jpg

He looks much leaner too, in this early photo

:p

mtfbwya

Maybe choose a pic of Gumby wearing a baseball jersey instead of a basketball one :p

Originally posted by KBell

Maybe choose a pic of Gumby wearing a baseball jersey instead of a basketball one :p

yeah, YOU try find one ! It looked sporty enough to me....

and BTW, why are steroid needed in baseball again ?? Its not exactly an endurance sport....

mtfbwya

and BTW, why are steroid needed in baseball again ?? Its not exactly an endurance sport....

mtfbwya

Steroids arent taken for endurance, they're taken for Body and Muscle mass. All they do is make a player stronger, nothing else. Which is why Barry Bonds and Giambi still should get some credit for their achievements, as taking steroids doesn't make you faster, doesnt make you quicker, doesnt make you see the ball more clearly. It just gives you a better swing.

mtfbwya

Well, I wouldn't say that much... When you are standing there stiff and always keeping alert. You have to be able to react from that stiff position (don't do it astro). And make that big play.

I hate it when people accuse baseball players of not being as atheletic as other sports players. And yeah, roids only make your swing more powerful.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

I've heard that many people consider hitting a major league pitch one of the most difficult tasks in all of sports.

Then again, so is taking a 300 pound beheameth of a man to the ground, getting back up and doing that 20 or 30 times a game.

Archived