Home

Tools!

Servant

"We wanted to let everyone know that the team has been putting together tools for the community. We hope to have something available before the holiday. The current plan is to include tools to allow the following:

Editor to create all the worlds

Tools to create all sides including NPCs

Basic Sample maps for reference

File structure template for creating new levels

Tutorial for making Mods

Compile tools

Softimage XSI Exporter Add on

Debug exe

Barring any problems, we hope to be able to include all this to the community. Do note though, due to the complexity of tools in general, these are considered Beta and not supported.

Lastly, thanks again for the continuing feedback & discussions here on the boards. We definitely include the community's opinion when deciding on changes for the game and we hope to make Star Wars Battlefront as strong as possible for the future

The Star Wars Battlefront Team "

And official link:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=31&start=0

Now, the universe will never be the same...

Yep, looks like i'm going to be able to build my dream levels that i have envisioned since i heard there was gonna be a star wars battlefield game. I think it might be hoping for too much but i would like to see a calamari cruiser and star destroyer models to use as airborne bases in the game.

By the way, what does woot mean? I only ever see that term used on message boards like these.

Guys i need your support !

the Pandemic plugin requires the 500$ Version XSI4.2

Well Softimage released a free Version 3 and a special free version for Halflife 2.

So i posted at the softimage board if they plan to release a free special version for Battlefront too.

I think the more reply to my posting the better.

http://forum.softimage.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2864

Rends

XSI is quickly becoming the industry standard. I took it while I was going to college and wouldn't use anything else. Its a wicked powerful program and easy to use.

Softimage will probably come through, this would be good publicity for them and get people off that horrid 3d studio max(its not that bad of a program but each to our own).

Oidar: Maya and Xsi are different, that's all.

I work with Maya 'cause it has better programming tools and some else (even I think Xsi is much better with polygons).

Just a matter of prefferences. Anyway, I'm still very interested about having a Maya plugin, and not about changing my software...

(please, forgive my poor English)

Just to note:

Fred posted at Gametoast that the editor would be Zeroeditor. An updated editor that was used for Battlezone. He said if you used Battlezone editor that this one would be a breeze. Basic actors are probably built with XSI but the mapping is done with Zeroeditor. ( I think)

How these interact I don't know. We will all have to wait.

But not as long as Raven with UBI. God I hate UBI.

Vinny

Is the battlezone editor a kind of drag and drop editor? I saw some screens that someone had previously posted and it looked that way. It also looked as though you could modify terrain height and length as well but i'm just going by what i thought i saw. If it is drag and drop, i think that would really help us get stuff done a lot quicker. I also hope, though, that we can make buildings and structures that aren't in the game.

Well, considering the structure of the maps, it would almost have to be a drag and drop editor, as the map structure consists of terrain and references/coordinates to objects (buildings, med droids, AAA, etc) I would also think that you would be able to build a model in XSI or something then import it as an object to be placed in the maps.

Archived