Home

Psychiatrists do the craziest things...

Spider AL

Freud was definitely a strange bird. The man's obsession with sexual feelings and urges borders on the psychotic if you ask me. The cocaine addiction couldn't have helped either. Still, he was the one who got the ball rolling concerning modern psychology. His theories laid (no pun intended :p ) the foundation for practically every psychological theory and technique.

Unless they're fresh from the mint, bills are usually dirty due to who handles them. Chances are good that your average dollar bill is laced with cocaine, meth or some other illicit narcotic due to the fact that all drug deals are made with cash. It's not a bad idea to wash your hands after handling money, especially if psychologists are performing stool tests with them.

Originally posted by wassup

That psychiatrist needs to go see a psychiatrist.

most do, as a safety net.

The thing about psychiatry is after hearing the problems of so many people and the constant exposure to mental disorders , one tends to lose touch with reality. It's still unknown what exactly causes this kind of reaction, that's why many firms have free therapy for psychiatrists as a safety measure. It's a difficult job.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

most do, as a safety net.

The thing about psychiatry is after hearing the problems of so many people and the constant exposure to mental disorders , one tends to lose touch with reality. It's still unknown what exactly causes this kind of reaction, that's why many firms have free therapy for psychiatrists as a safety measure. It's a difficult job.

this is all true. The psychs on our team(I work at a community health service) all have rotation and debriefing each week.... We get it too, but less frequently.

mtfbwya

Originally posted by InsaneSith

that's because I am he who is I AM... or however it goes. Point is, helping others often causes backlash on those that are helping. Be it they just snap one day, or they get sued.

werdage. tell you what though, all this talk of disturbed psychiatrists has reminded me of this cool/and disturbing movie called "Happiness", written and directed by Todd Solandz, it features Lara Flynn-Boyle when she was still babe-a-licious :) It's an interesting movie - check it out if y'all hasnt seen it :)

mtfbwya

Point is, helping others often causes backlash on those that are helping.
Time for a relevant Tolkien quote:

"Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill." - Gildor Inglorion

What we need is a few less self-aggrandising psychiatrists who are trying to "help" people despite the fact that their own lives are largely less than sorted, and who believe themselves to be qualified to plumb the unfathomable depths of the human mind just because they've attended a school for a few years... and a few more elves.

What we need is a few less self-aggrandising psychiatrists who are trying to "help" people despite the fact that their own lives are largely less than sorted, and who believe themselves to be qualified to plumb the unfathomable depths of the human mind just because they've attended a school for a few years... and a few more elves.

EVERY world would be better if it had more elves...

he gets aroused by little people. That's why we keep him away from ET(warrior)

Alright, that's enough of that...

I figured since this isn't posted in the senate, i could easily make a joke...

Also, I was talking about the Tolkien Elves, who are about as tall as humans. And Arwen's pretty hot. Hell, she got posted in the Hot people thread.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Nah, stay. To be frank I'm a big softy when it comes to fantasy fare as well. I'd sell my mother to see a real dragon, for instance :(

naye sir, for your mother is an old dragon !

*guffaws* :p

Doomie, dont start getting all sensitive like a girl with a zit on prom night... :p Yes, Liv Tyler with pointy ears(or not) is hot ! But I'd take Cate Blanchett(Galadriel) to my castle love dungeon over Livvy any ole day :D

mtfbwya

Archived