Home

What is the different between Mac and PC?

Revan Solo

By difference do you mean any changes in the game? System requirements? Cheat codes? Keystrokes?

"What" differences?

I started a mac user thread here, if anyone is having problems or have any Mac questions...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140931

(I really hope this isn't going to be a mac flame...I'm armed with rebuttles ;) )

Originally posted by ChAiNz

By difference do you mean any changes in the game? System requirements? Cheat codes? Keystrokes?

"What" differences?

I started a mac user thread here, if anyone is having problems or have any Mac questions...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140931

(I really hope this isn't going to be a mac flame...I'm armed with rebuttles ;) )

I want to know the basic difference. Why are there two things which need other game discs?

Originally posted by Revan Solo

Do they have same processors?

Long Answer:

From Apple's Site:

The new 64-bit PowerPC G5 processor

Powered by up to two PowerPC G5 processor at speeds of up to 2.5GHz each, the Power Mac G5 delivers exponential computing power. Jointly developed by Apple and IBM, the PowerPC G5 includes Velocity Engine and dual 64-bit floating point units.

The new 64-bit PowerPC G5 processor enables the Power Mac G5 to break through the 4GB barrier and support up to 8GB of main memory — four times more than a typical PC.

An all-new high-bandwidth system architecture features up to 1.25GHz frontside bus — one on each processor — for maximum throughput of an astounding 20GBps. And we’ve boosted the bandwidth even further with an AGP 8X Pro graphics bus and the option of three PCI-X slots, giving you the benefit of advanced in PCI technology — increasing speeds from 33MHz to 133MHz, and throughput from 266MBps to 2GBps.

Short Answer: Nope ;)

Originally posted by Revan Solo

What is better? Mac?

Without wanting or trying to start a PC/Mac flame war, I think the best answer would be it depends on what you do (and want to do) with your machine and also your personal preference.

I own both, plus I work on a Mac (job). Both have their ups and downs, and about half the pc/mac jokes you hear are born out of 'truth' at one point in time or the other. ;)

PC's infinitely have more market share, more options for upgrades and better software selections. BUT it's also "Plug-n-Pray" and can be a big pain in the arse half the time 'tweaking' the system to get all those great options to work.

Macs, IMO are powerhouses. They can do the load when it comes to heavy intensive processing (mostly video and such...I'm a video editor, btw). Frankly, pc's just can't handle the throughput...trust me my home system (pc) is a beast and my mac at work puts it to shame...BUT Macs are grossly overpriced, mostly hardware based with proprietory requirements. Software selection blows and half the time you have to wait till it's ported over (usually from a pc :rolleyes: ) which is anywhere from months to years....

It's all a matter of opinion. Me I LOVE my mac(s), but I wouldn't go a day without my pc's either....

This 'editorial' was all done....on a mac hehe

WHILE:

1) Rendering and Compositing a 40 minute movie (I hate Xmas specials)

2) Transferring a 36.23GB file to another computer

3) Jamming to my tunes on Itunes

4) Browsing and typing on Holowan

5) Running SETI

6) and Burning an Xmas song soundtrack

Originally posted by ChAiNz

This 'editorial' was all done....on a mac hehe

WHILE:

1) Rendering and Compositing a 40 minute movie (I hate Xmas specials)

2) Transferring a 36.23GB file to another computer

3) Jamming to my tunes on Itunes

4) Browsing and typing on Holowan

5) Running SETI

6) and Burning an Xmas song soundtrack

Now that's what I call multi-tasking!!! :D

Archived