Home

MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest

Xavier2

Okay The Revisions have been done and version 1.1 is up at pcgamemods.com. The revisions include Xavier2's original update patch, Mono Giganto's DL-18 update skin, Chainz.2da's merged 2da files for all of the MECK projects, and The Boba Fett Helmet model now does not conflict with any of the other Mask or Helmet Models in the MECK Project or with T7's & svosh's masks to my knowledge.(I could have missed a mod by them)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by viscen

thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work

I have the same problem. I can't get the pilots to appear in the docking bay. I'm sure i put the files into the right folders. Everything is there. I just can't see the damn pilots.

How did you do to fix the problem viscen?

Originally posted by StoneDragon

Can you post the link?

Well you can't miss it when you visit pcgamemods.com and go to the KOTOR section it's at the top but here you go.http://www.pcgamemods.com/9468/

SpaceAlex I might ask do you have KOTOR Mod Manager?

If you do download the revised version from the link in this post and load jabba's palace with KMM.

Now another question would also be is this a new game that this is installed in or one that you already were playing and added the mod after going to different points in the game?

Many of the New Area Mods have glitches when loaded into already active games or saved games. While this is not the Rule it is sometimes best to have New Areas Loaded with new games alltogether.

Also Xavier2 had suggested to viscen to look at this picture for a clue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace9.jpg

If there not there make certain everything is in the proper folder.

Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.

I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.

Originally posted by SpaceAlex

Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.

I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.

hmmm. Weird. As Darkkender stated you need to be in Tatooine for the first time to see them...

The only other thing i can think of is appearance.2da. The pilots appearance are new lines in that file, so if you are not using the one provided in the pack they won't appear.

You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.

Originally posted by Xavier2

You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.

SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....

Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes:

Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes:

Take a look in the appearance.2da then. The X-Wing pilots are rows 514, 515 and 516.

Another remote possibily is the utc files for X-Wing pilots NPC, but, since you seem to know your way on modding i take you are sure those are in your Override, right?

Other than that i really don't know what it could be...

I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.

I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me. :D

I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.

I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me. :D

That is really spooky! I really don't know what may have been the problem...Maybe Darth333 and tk102 could figure this out...This is really out of my league.

At least you got it working. Could you send your custom made script to my e-mail? Up till now you seem to be the only one with this problem but it would be nice to have an alternative in case someone else has the same trouble..:)

Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper

small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!

Is this with the new updated version that I posted the other day or with the original version? If it is with the updated I'll go over it with a fine tooth coomb because that was part of the reason for the update. previously Boba's helmet was conflicting with the stormtrooper helmet and I had renamed and edited the model to a unused model name to correct this. Boba's appearance is a disguise effect generated by his helmet and if his helmet is not right then he will look like a soldier.

Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper

i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?

Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.:D

Originally posted by Xavier2

Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.:D

I was just going to post a stop downloading notice because after KaoruSoulreaper had his problem and I got home and checked the copy that got uploaded I discovered it had been the first one I had archived which had been missing a few of the files. Instead of it overwriting the archive when I had repacked it, it saved the RAR to a subdirectory.(:compcry: :headbump Sometimes I really hate computers.)

Look for an update to be loaded saturday night or sunday afternoon. I suppose this is a good oppurtunity to ask if you have those updated Republic helmets available to add in and I'll throw it into the corrected upload.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.

Thanks again for all the help. I really apreciate it. That's is why being a part of this community is so addicting.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jackali

When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?

You need to engage in the Gamorrean ambush side quest (the one in the speeder junk) and choose a certain dialog option, otherwise you can't move forward. That's where this mod blends with the default game.

• 1 month later...

I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.

Archived