Home

MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest

Xavier2

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Chains

In the pictures everyone is fighting.

I got those things in Jabba's Container, talked to the pilot but nothing happens.

Well the container is locked, it shouldn't open till a certain dialog becomes available...PM me a description of what happened.

Have you used any cheats or warped to the module?

sry to bother u and really sound like a clutz but as a refer the readme says to talk to x-wing pilots in the docking area(thats where your ship is right?)well im searching that area high and dry looking for the x-wing pilots but they dont seem to be anywhere to be found i relize they have a new skin well can someone point me in the right direction. do u talk to the pilots first thing in the docking area? where in the docking area are they? this is the first time im at the docking area as well the readme says its the first time. well my little cousin is calling me so i have to quit writing i wrote everything i have figured out so please help

(i just want to see boba fett :( )

Originally posted by viscen

sry to bother u and really sound like a clutz but as a refer the readme says to talk to x-wing pilots in the docking area(thats where your ship is right?)well im searching that area high and dry looking for the x-wing pilots but they dont seem to be anywhere to be found i relize they have a new skin well can someone point me in the right direction. do u talk to the pilots first thing in the docking area? where in the docking area are they? this is the first time im at the docking area as well the readme says its the first time. well my little cousin is calling me so i have to quit writing i wrote everything i have figured out so please help

(i just want to see boba fett :( )

Take a look at the pic #9 (link is in pcgamemods) That is where you will find the X-Wing pilots.

thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work

Originally posted by viscen

thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work

Glad it worked out for you. Now there are a few other options of dialogs with some party members, some of them even with sounds. Try following a diferent path and have fun.:)

Originally posted by artik88

ok, i got the Stormtrooper and clonetrooper mods in my override folder and i'm wondering what to edit inorder to keep those mods and still use the jabba mod.

Here you can find an appearance.2da and heads.2da that already makes the stormtroopers and clonetroopers compatible:

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/

Now to make the above compatible with Enter Jabba's Palace all In you will need is to add some rows as follows:

storm/clone troopers app.2da:

add the entrys (in all cells) of rows # 509 to 519 of Enter Jabba's Palace app.2da

In storm/clone troopers heads.2da:

add the entrys (in all cells) of rows # 107 #108 to 119 of Enter Jabba's Palace heads.2da

If you would like more info on 2da type editing please refer to the guide for the newbie stickie.

Hope it helps.;)

EDIT: Also refer to the Clone Trooper thread. There you will find a complete explanation of the process by Chainz.

EDIT2: The correct row number in heads.2da is #108 as you can see above.

Hey Xavier.

First off beautiful mod, it's outstanding. I was wondering something related to the clonetrooper mod, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be but just in case I thought I'd ask. I know the clonetrooper mod changes the Appearance.2da and heads.2da files which must be reedited in other to work with this side quest. I'm only using the personal clonetrooper suit, not the Republic soldier replacements so do I still need to edit these files? Or since I'm only using the wearable clone armors will it work without the editing?

I'm guessing even the wearable armors change the 2da files which means I'd have to edit it anyways in order for both to be compatible but since I'm not 100% sure I wanted confirmation.

Thanks a lot for all the help and great job on Jabba's Palace, I look forward to seeing this and the Ord Mantell planet if I can use them.

Originally posted by Archonon

Hey Xavier.

First off beautiful mod, it's outstanding. I was wondering something related to the clonetrooper mod, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be but just in case I thought I'd ask. I know the clonetrooper mod changes the Appearance.2da and heads.2da files which must be reedited in other to work with this side quest.

You are too kind. Thanks.

I'm only using the personal clonetrooper suit, not the Republic soldier replacements so do I still need to edit these files?

No need to edit appearence.2da or heads.2da in this case.

i finished with the Appearence.2da file but the heads.2da is odd, the numbering doesnt match, ex. i already have #107 etc filled in by the Clone/Storm mod

My mistake. the row#107 in heads.2da is the actual stormtrooper head. I am correcting the post.

Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

Download Merged [MECK] Storm-Clone Trooper and Jabba's Palace .2da Files (17.3kb)

These .2da's are based off of the merged files I did for the Trooper Mods, so if you're using it, just overwrite it with this one. :DREAD THE README - any other mod using these .2da's will have to be edited further...

referral thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141110

And like last time, any and all members of the [MECK] Project Team and/or Holowan Laboratories (with permission from [MECK]) has my permission to post/host/modify this file on their site(s) and/or use in their future Mods. ONLY the 2 mentioned parties have this permission.

I don't know if you have a site yet Xavier2, so I'll host it on my server till you get one setup or another of your [MECK] Teammates wants to host it. OR, feel free to post it at pcgamemods (I won't). It would be better for it to be listed under your username so pplz can find it easier (just mention my little name in your readme if you do, please)... ONLY Xavier2 has this permission... (same goes for you Prime for the Trooper merged files) :)

The link to the file will ONLY be posted here until (if) it finds a home on a [MECK] member site (or THEY post it). And of course, I will remove this file at any of [MECK] Team's request...

-----------------------------------

I created this before I read about the heads.2da Row #107 entry, so it IS in the merged heads.2da. HOWEVER, I changed normalhead values in the appearance.2da to point to the proper lines.

There shouldn't be any problems keeping the line in there (of the merged files)...but removing it will cause you to have to re-enter values in this appearance.2da ...Best to leave it alone for now ;)

Because this appearance.2da and Xavier2's original Rows (for Jabba Palace) are identical, no modyfing of .uti files (Subtype Values) are necesssary.

-----------------------------------

I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

------------------------ removed to save space ------------------

I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well :thumbsup:

Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.

Originally posted by MysticTeal96

Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies :bdroid2:

say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!

Are we talking about the droids from Xavier2's WIP thread?

I just went through Xavier2's Wip, and he definately has the right Idea, although on the Sith droid model I think it would look better as a Super Battle Droid ;)

And that covers the droid for the Clonewars fans but what about for use with the stormtroopers mod? No C3PO fans out there?

Anyway big droid fan, and just started working on a mod myself.

Thanks for the inspiration!

i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

:(:confused:

The dialog with the Gamorrean pilot is supposed to load an area, jabba_entrance, a few seconds after he starts running away. If the area is not loading check if the 'Modules' folder of your SwKotor directory have a file called jabba_entrance.mod.

Archived