Home

Indiana Jones Video Game Survey

woodenstool

Ugh. I'm having painful memories of the Sam & Max one from last year. WHAT THE **** DID THEY EXPECT THE RESULTS TO BE WHEN THEY ONLY OFFERED IT TO WEBSITE MEMBERS AND 99& OF THEIR WEBSITE MEMBERS ARE STAR WARS FANATICS AND HAVE NEVER PLAYED AN ADVENTURE GAME?!

Err, sorry about that. Everyone should take this survey, as I wanna see another Indiana Jones game.

WHAT THE **** DID THEY EXPECT THE RESULTS TO BE WHEN THEY ONLY OFFERED IT TO WEBSITE MEMBERS AND 99& OF THEIR WEBSITE MEMBERS ARE STAR WARS FANATICS AND HAVE NEVER PLAYED AN ADVENTURE GAME?!
No they didn't , Stop that. Don't change the facts. Anyway back to topic, anybody that want's a new indy game should take a couple of minutes to do the survey and please make sure you inform LA about what we want in the game and what we don't, like the bad camera view,controls and lack of proper save that destroyed Emperors Tomb.:)

Obviously I was exaggerating greatly. But it is a fact that the survey was open to LucasArts.com members only, effectively shutting out input from a lot of potential adventure folks. Tell me, what does a LucasArts.com membership offer that isn't Star Wars related? Yeah, that's what I thought. There is practically no incentive to join the service if you're only interest in the company lies with their original titles.

Back to Indiana Jones, though, I do think it's important that this survey gets a lot of participation 'cause LucasArts hasn't managed to completely screw up the Indy franchise just yet. Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb were good, if not great, and right now I'd welcome anything original out of the company that isn't a generic 3rd person shooter. There's also the very slight but worthwhile chance that the game may lean more toward adventure elements than the previous two installments. No, I'm not expecting a graphic adventure, but perhaps placing less emphasis on strictly action elements could go a long way. Or maybe I've just been too dazzled by Psychonauts screenshots. :¬:

But it is a fact that the survey was open to LucasArts.com members only
:confused: If that is the case then how the **** did I got my hands into it that i am not a Lucasarts.com member?:confused: I think you are confusing it with the "What would you want In Jedi Outcast's sequel" a couple of years ago. That was LucasArts.com membership only.

Doesn't matter, forget about it. Let's get back to the new indy jones game, don't you think that a true action/adventure would be really cool? with some parts of the game being old school adventure game with puzzles and items to grab and people to talk to and other parts being pure action with lots of fistfights and shooting and jumpin and explosions? Nah aint gonna happen.

I've always hoped for an Indy game more in the style of KOTOR, in that Indy learns skills along the way, picks up a sidekick or two (who has his/her own skills), does exploration & adventuring, side quests, has dialogue trees, a compelling story and doesn't have to be a mass murderer like in the last couple of games. Some RPGs now have twitchy combat which would be ideal for an Indy RPG-hybrid style game.

For a while now I've thought that Double Fine could make a really good Indy game.

Not just because of this sort of stuff:

MCAM25.jpg

To be honest, I just want to see what they'd come up with if given a major franchise and the ability to do what they want with it, and Indy seems like a good one since when it all boils down, Indy is really about fun. Though it might be a bit weird, we'd probably get a far better Indy game than we've seen in the last 10 years.

Originally posted by Jake

For a while now I've thought that Double Fine could make a really good Indy game.

I agree, and that's because Double Fine seems to have somehow successfully meshed action and adventure elements into one nugget of awesomage. Such a system is perfect for an Indy game, and is undoubtedly the way to go for balancing adventure puzzle and action aspects.

We're gonna get Emperor's Tomb 2, though.

Uh, yeah. And it is like not done yet. So we really don't know anything about the "Double Fine seems to have somehow successfully meshed action and adventure elements into one nugget of awesomage" bit now do we? Unless of course you know something or have something we don't, and if you do please share it we the rest of us. :)

Archived