Home

What's your footprint?

swphreak

Go here, select your respective country and language, and take the quiz. Answer it to the best of your abilities. Some questions can't apply to you, so answer them to the best of your abilities.

This is just to raise your awareness of the amount of resources you consume. The results are based on your country's Standard of Living. If you selected China and UK, you should get different answers.

My results: If everyone lived like me, we'd need 1.9 planets. The average in my class was 4-5 planets.

Just some bits of info:

The United States takes up about 7% of the Earth's landmass.

The Population of the US is about 300,000,000 (~5% of the total Earth population).

The US comsumes about 1/3 of the world's resources. That's pretty sad...

The US generates about 30% of the world's CO2 emissions.

Again, I'm not bashing the US, I live here. I'm just trying to raise awareness. Right now, Europe has hit the bullseye on how to manage resources and still maintain a good standard of living. Good job Europe :thumbsup: I wish the US could learn some things from you.

TOTAL FOOTPRINT 3.8

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 7.9 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 1.8 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.1 PLANETS.

I only got such a high score because I said I lived in Seattle, when I don't, I live very near it.

TOTAL FOOTPRINT 16

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 3.6 PLANETS.

Thank you all of the fat cows and retards that live in the US :(

TiE

The only reason I don't have such a high footprint now is because I'm living in a dorm room the size of your bedroom and sharing it with a roommate, and even then, we'd still need 2 planets...

It's not just the "fat people" and "retards" fault completely. Everyone in this contry contributes. The US needs a more enviromental friendly president for a term to set some things straight.

Some things I'd do:

- Place a very high tax on gasoline. Our prices are way lower than they should be. The funds from the tax would go towards researching alternate fuel sources.

- Do something to get people to recycle more. Do you know how much we'd save if the US would just recycle aluminum cans? It'd be a start.

There's more that can be done. Such as finding renewable energy resources.

Did you know that China is on it's way to become like the US? Can you imagine what would happen if they made it that far?

300,000,000 vs 1,000,000,000

[/rant]

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

The only reason I don't have such a high footprint now is because I'm living in a dorm room the size of your bedroom and sharing it with a roommate, and even then, we'd still need 2 planets...

It's not just the "fat people" and "retards" fault completely. Everyone in this contry contributes. The US needs a more enviromental friendly president for a term to set some things straight.

Some things I'd do:

- Place a very high tax on gasoline. Our prices are way lower than they should be. The funds from the tax would go towards researching alternate fuel sources.

- Do something to get people to recycle more. Do you know how much we'd save if the US would just recycle aluminum cans? It'd be a start.

There's more that can be done. Such as finding renewable energy resources.

Did you know that China is on it's way to become like the US? Can you imagine what would happen if they made it that far?

300,000,000 vs 1,000,000,000

[/rant]

Yes, very smart Phreak.

Well, FYI, by retard I meant the idiots, not mentally retarded pepole..... on that subject...... nevermind

*thinks about Logan's Run*

TiE

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 4.8 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 1.8 PLANETS.

ohnoes.

CATEGORY ACRES

FOOD 4.9

MOBILITY 0.2

SHELTER 3.7

GOODS/SERVICES 2.7

TOTAL FOOTPRINT 12

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 24 ACRES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 4.5 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE ACRES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 2.6 PLANETS.

apparntly i leave a huge footprint cause i eat meat at every meal.... nearly half of it comes from that lol ;)

CATEGORY GLOBAL HECTARES

FOOD 2.6

MOBILITY 1.3

SHELTER 0.7

GOODS/SERVICES 2.1

TOTAL FOOTPRINT 6.7

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 8.8 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 3.7 PLANETS.

aw:( if everyone lived like me 3.7 planets!

Archived