Home

Vaders Helmet WIP

TheProphet

Originally posted by FunSolo

maybe its somthin in relation to the age of your graphiccards?

Doubt it.

I don't think he is using some "special" effects that can only be displayed on dx9 card.

I have gf4 ti4200

All gold and shiny here. :D

But I must say the model itself is great.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, i found the problem.

Gscc's thermon.tga wasn't square (as in powers of 4). I guess the game wasn't reading it (maybe it is Card Related after all).

After resizing to 256x256 pixels (or 512x512), it worked perfectly.

Originally posted by Xcom

OK, i found the problem.

Gscc's thermon.tga wasn't square (as in powers of 4). I guess the game wasn't reading it (maybe it is Card Related after all).

After resizing to 256x256 pixels (or 512x512), it worked perfectly.

Great find but when i resize it to 512 x512 or 256 x256 it seems to take texture now but it makes it pitch black. No different colour on eyes or anything and no shine at all. Just pitch black. Is it different for you?

Originally posted by una

Is it different for you?

It is in the way it's supposed to be for me (or close to it), I assume.

Perhaps, you are not saving alpha channels or something like that.

here is the file I tried. It worked for me. If it doesn't work for you, I don't know. Sorry.

ps: it's in rar. don't forget to extract actual tga. just in case.

Originally posted by Xcom

It is in the way it's supposed to be for me (or close to it), I assume.

Perhaps, you are not saving alpha channels or something like that.

here is the file I tried. It worked for me. If it doesn't work for you, I don't know. Sorry.

Yup great thx alot, it works with your file. I guess my resizing skills are below par :( .

The helmet looks awesome btw. Great work gsccc!

the problem with the vader helmet, i have not tested the helmet yet...

HOWEVER

your hilts appear with no texture, but this glossy shine on it. no color at all, just this bright, metal thing in the shape of luke and vader's LS

Originally posted by Gsccc

The same thing is probably happening with the hilts as did the helmet. Xcom, would you mind if you could do the same touch up for the hilts?

Gsccc you should really take responsibility for your mod yourself. Make the fix and reupload it.

Don't be like that Gsccc, I saw how long it took you to make that model. Just next time you make a model, have someone else skin it. Your not the best at skinning yea, big deal. Its the model that really counts and you are really good at it. Though at the moment I would suggest that you keep most of your focus on the Rise of the Sith mod, as we don't want you overwhelming yourself.

Gsccc,

I agree with T7 in a sense that it would be kind of "inappropriate" for one modder to fix other people's mods. This particular case simply presented interesting puzzle since nobody seemed to know what the cause was, and the only reason I posted that file is to make sure it actually worked (you never know ...)

BTW.. don't let some blunt criticism discourage you. It's a great model and you obviously have the skills. :cheers:

Gsccc,

I agree with T7 in a sense that it would be kind of "inappropriate" for one modder to fix other people's mods. This particular case simply presented interesting puzzle since nobody seemed to know what the cause was, and the only reason I posted that file is to make sure it actually worked (you never know ...)

BTW.. don't let some blunt criticism discourage you. It's a great model and you obviously have the skills.

verry true Xcom. u got some skill gsccc. don't let a little criticism discourage u. keep up the good work!!!!

I downloaded this a couple days ago and I have had no problems at all. Even with the hilt and all. Great model Gsccc! I hope I will be able to do that good of models soon.

I have a feeling that you will be able to fix these problems others seem to be having... Besides you made the model and know your way around it better too:)

i also get clipping, my no textures have been sorted thanks to that file you put up, the clipping happens on all the heads for me, is it like that for anyone else?

also would it be possible to get a vader pack made up, you know, te hilt armour and this?

cheers

Posted a comment on pcgamemods as well, but thought it might get viewed better here. I must say a very nice job Gsccc. You certainly have the talent to model. I'm still working on understanding of getting a new model into the game, much less modeling anything in the first place.

Anyway, my question is this...while it wouldn't have stats in itself, could this be made into a full blown head model instead of an equippable mask? Would solve the clipping problem at least. Maybe have an 'invisible' equippable mask to go along with it to add any stats. I would assume if you didn't want to wear it anymore, you could just pull it out of your override? Just thinking out loud. Again, nice job!

Originally posted by Aolas

Anyway, my question is this...while it wouldn't have stats in itself, could this be made into a full blown head model instead of an equippable mask? Would solve the clipping problem at least. Maybe have an 'invisible' equippable mask to go along with it to add any stats. I would assume if you didn't want to wear it anymore, you could just pull it out of your override? Just thinking out loud. Again, nice job!

2 things as part of my Vader NPC in the Deathstar this is how I'm aproaching his appearance is setting him as his own unique head.

As to the clipping issue after looking at the texture I was going to try adding a little bit more fill in one or 2 spots that look like the areas where it is clipping through and seeing if this will fix this issue.

Archived