Home

Vaders Helmet WIP

TheProphet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually began modelling a while back, kind of dabbled with gmax a bit. I had started modelling for Command And Conqure Renegade. And I did a lot of stuff for that, mostly russian tanks and stuff. Then I kinda got rusty, but then i started making hilts and I got back in the hang of it and decided to make the vader model. Took me about a half an hour to make the basic shape of the helmet, I shaped it to a model of darth vader that i found I also used a referrence pic so i had to do a few things my self. But the whole thing took me about 3 hours, including touch ups. Polycount was somewhere around 1500 i think, pretty big, but it adds to quality!:D

Originally posted by una

This seems to be the error he is giving when trying to load the textures:

Names Differ: v_revmask1_dur i_mask_025

Does that make sense to you gsccc?

Hmmm no, that makes no sence at all, what i did was i used the stormtrooper helmet base to help me fit the helmet to the pc model, im amazed that problem didnt happen to other people though. The texture used to cover the model is thermon.tga. Thats just wierd.

So would this model be compatible with both KOTOR and TSL? I'm wondering if my stormtrooper helmets can be ported easily to TSL. Apparently people have done it already, but I haven't really looked into it.

This looks great through. :)

Hey Gsccc this looks great. I can't wait to use this and the vader hilt in game.

I was trying to send you a PM earlier to ask permission to use this and the vader hilt with my Darth Vader NPC in my Deathstar mod. However your PM box is full.

I hope that I can make use of these in that mod as vader isn't vader without his Helmet.:D

Originally posted by Gsccc

im amazed that problem didnt happen to other people though.

hmmm 2 other people in this thread have the same problem and on pcgamemods there is someone commenting with the same problem.

Well I'll try to get to the bottom of this to see just what the heck is going on. When I do I will release it as Vaders Helmet 2.0 since you cant edit your stiff at stupid pcgamemods. As for you Darkkender, at the bottom of the readme files for all of the mods i do I give EVERYONE permission to use them so long as they say it was me who made that certain part.

Originally posted by Gsccc

As for you Darkkender, at the bottom of the readme files for all of the mods i do I give EVERYONE permission to use them so long as they say it was me who made that certain part.

I know however I got myself in trouble once. So once bitten twice shy is all.

Originally posted by Darkkender

I know however I got myself in trouble once. So once bitten twice shy is all.

I see your point, well then just to make it clear to all who might suspect you of Buggery

DARKKENDER CAN USE MY VADER HELMET IN HIS MOD!!!!!

few okay there we go.

Originally posted by Prime

So would this model be compatible with both KOTOR and TSL? I'm wondering if my stormtrooper helmets can be ported easily to TSL. Apparently people have done it already, but I haven't really looked into it.

This looks great through. :)

That would be me, just open up modelops, write it as ascii for the kotor1.mdl then open the ascii and read/write it into a kotor2mdl

It ported over with no problems, but don't worry it's not going anywhere from my end. :p I just got really tired of all my crewmates complaining about my looks. :(

EDIT: Infact if you would PM me I have plans on a possible joint effort here because I would really like the opportunity to hopefully get some Republic Commando type suits/helmets in the game. the one in my avatar mainly. :) if you're interested.

Mine is also shiny metal. Any idea on how to fix it.

I have the prestige item pack, vader hilt, malak armour retexture, redhawkes revan robes, xcoms mindprobe and disguises and a reskin of dark jedi robes and a sith lord mask.

I do not belive these would contradict the vader helmet files though......

My deepest appologiez guys, I have NO idea what is causing this, I tried testing it by taking everying out of my override folder save this helmet and it worked fine, but when i tested it on antoher computer it was all shiney. Its the problem from hell, its not working, but there is no reason why. It cant be the texture as it is working with most other people. I honestly dont know what to say. this is bad, Im sorry to have disappointed. I promis i will do all my best to find out how to fix it.

BTW: If ANYONE finds out how to fix it and can, I give you all permissions to release it as a fix or a 2.0 version, just label me as the model maker and skinner.

Gsccc,

I just loaded it up in my game and all is well with the helm color wise... though on the bearded Male PC head his hair clips through the back of the helm. ;)

I think the problem with the golden hue isn't your fault, but a Video Card problem.

I'm running Geforce Video Cards on my Machines...

Could those of you who have golden accents on some items be running ATI Video Cards?

I'm betting there are about 20 modders out there right now trying to figure out that problem. :) Someone will get it eventually. You did a really good job on it.

Ever think about doing a new Jedi Master to say MOD in taking the place or "opting" to take someones place? That would be killer. I bet Ki-Adi Mundi would be easy or Yariel Poof. :)

Again, love the MOD

Originally posted by RedHawke

Gsccc,

I just loaded it up in my game and all is well with the helm color wise... though on the bearded Male PC head his hair clips through the back of the helm. ;)

I think the problem with the golden hue isn't your fault, but a Video Card problem.

I'm running Geforce Video Cards on my Machines...

Could those of you who have golden accents on some items be running ATI Video Cards?

Nvidia here.

maybe its somthin in relation to the age of your graphiccards? as i read bout the gf4mx the idea came to ma mind. maybe its the card generation that cant display the effects. just a guess, but i think it sounds like the reason for this problem cause i got a dx9 card and dont get that kinda problems with hilts and so on, the gf4 on the other hand for example is a dx7 card. so with lesser power in many ways

Archived