Home

Sith Armada II

Darth Straker

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have come across a lot of probs because of Sion and Nihilus because I can't add them in the Mod as I wanted to.

So they'll be released on a separated and different MOD that will be released shortly as they are nearly completed.

As for the others the progress is pretty good.

Originally posted by Darth Straker

I have come across a lot of probs because of Sion and Nihilus because I can't add them in the Mod as I wanted to.

So they'll be released on a separated and different MOD that will be released shortly as they are nearly completed.

As for the others the progress is pretty good.

What types of problems are you running into with them. Is it there body & head or something else?

Originally posted by Darkkender

What types of problems are you running into with them. Is it there body & head or something else?

No no, other problems. Problems of "space", you see they were meant to be only Bonus Characters so I added a "cloning" function on a Telos's terminal to give them birth. However because they become party members much too early, at the time that Bao-Dur (Sion replaces him) is supposed to join you, SION just doesn't leave the party no matter what.

Anyway ,like I said, there's no big deal in it

since Bao-Dur will have his "Maul" skin.

Sounds Like a scripting issue. You probably need to modify Bao-durs add script and which ever party members add script that nihilus replaces.

I've been trying to decipher there add partymember scripting variables to try to apply that to new NPC's so that you don't have to use the Tag name of a existing NPC for your new ones.

Take Disiple and Hanharr for instance. In there add scripts they have a set global number to "1" function used. Now this is because they fill the spot of handmaiden & mira depending on certain variables in game. Meanwhile there tags remain Disiple and Hanharr. Unlike in kotor 1 where we had to make our new NPC recruits have the same tag as an existing NPC I suspect we can leave them with unique Tags in K2. That is provided we can decipher the scripting process used for global number variables.

Sounds Like a scripting issue. You probably need to modify Bao-durs add script and which ever party members add script that nihilus replaces.

I've been trying to decipher there add partymember scripting variables to try to apply that to new NPC's so that you don't have to use the Tag name of a existing NPC for your new ones.

Take Disiple and Hanharr for instance. In there add scripts they have a set global number to "1" function used. Now this is because they fill the spot of handmaiden & mira depending on certain variables in game. Meanwhile there tags remain Disiple and Hanharr. Unlike in kotor 1 where we had to make our new NPC recruits have the same tag as an existing NPC I suspect we can leave them with unique Tags in K2. That is provided we can decipher the scripting process used for global number variables.

I don't know about the unique tags, I tried that with Atris and then she started the "Atris's CLONE WARS" , as she kept spawning everytime I got out of the Ebon Hawk.

When replacing a partymember you can use any tag you want for it you dont need to use the tag of the partymember you replace.

Since a new character can have any tag name you want you can take Atris uti file and give it a new tag, then you shoudnt get the the respawning happenening.

Like this:

RemovePartyMember(NPC_BAO_DUR);

RemoveAvailableNPC(NPC_BAO_DUR);

AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(NPC_BAO_DUR, "Your_New_NPC_Tag");

Originally posted by envida

When replacing a partymember you can use any tag you want for it you dont need to use the tag of the partymember you replace.

Since a new character can have any tag name you want you can take Atris uti file and give it a new tag, then you shoudnt get the the respawning happenening.

Like this:

RemovePartyMember(NPC_BAO_DUR);

RemoveAvailableNPC(NPC_BAO_DUR);

AddAvailableNPCByTemplate(NPC_BAO_DUR, "Your_New_NPC_Tag");

The cloning party member problem is due to the fact of the script missing a destroy object function.

As to your script above envida.

The AddAvailableNPCByTemplate function does not use a npc tag it uses the NPC UTC file name. So if the NPC's utc is P_Darkkender.UTC it would be P_Darkkender in the quotes.

I have been working with NPC's using there own unique Tag and my next portion includes modifying NPC.2da file. That way we can bypass some of the Cutscene issues that have been ran into in the past.

The cloning party member problem is due to the fact of the script missing a destroy object function.

As to your script above envida.

The AddAvailableNPCByTemplate function does not use a npc tag it uses the NPC UTC file name. So if the NPC's utc is P_Darkkender.UTC it would be P_Darkkender in the quotes.

I have been working with NPC's using there own unique Tag and my next portion includes modifying NPC.2da file. That way we can bypass some of the Cutscene issues that have been ran into in the past.

That's correct I just messed it up. I meant the utc filename not the tag :rolleyes:

I have tried adding entries to the NPC.2da and the influence.2da file but havent gotten it to work yet, I think you need to add a new line in the nwscript amongst other things since all the NPC_* are declared there. So if you have say "myNPC" at line 20 in your NPC.2da file you need to add this to the nwscript.nss:

int NPC_myNPC = 20

What I have done so far which isnt the best solution is to add additional checks to the onenter scripts. Like on the Ebon Hawk onenter script I have added some some lines that checks if a partymember has been replaced and if it has the cutscenes for the replaced partymember wont run. Its not the best solution since you have to do this for all script that has cutscenes in them.

Maybe you have some more insight on this darkkender?

You don't need to add it to NWNscript. It is sorta like a definitions include script. When it comes to the references listed that relate to a 2da file you don't need to add anything. Any real scripted additions you need to define can be done via an include script.

Now I've been scouring through alot of the decompile scripts in game inparticular the include scripts. There are a few scripts that define globals for each of the NPC's. All of this research is one of many things that is slowing me down on the Deathstar as I'm handeling most of it on my own. So far I've found I think 6 scripts that are NPC related that you need to make the additions to for NPC.2da. However I haven't found the one I want that defines the NPC index numbers that tell it which index location they need to be added to when they recruit. From what I can tell from the pcodes I can't see any index references either.

I forgot to mention my solution to the Ebon Hawk Is I will be recompiling the rim files for the death star mod.

I'm going to cease Hijacking this thread though. We may want to continue this discussion in a new thread. If one of the moderators would be so nice to split this derailed discussion off I'm sure Darth Straker would apreciate it. Thanks.

Mission? Huh?! You're kidding right? Whatever you've been smoking, I definitely want some of that :D;) Anyway, how exactly do you plan to do the thing with Sion and Nihilus, I mean you have to fight both of them after that point, you don't just plan on making a clone of them do you?

Originally posted by Keneth

Mission? Huh?! You're kidding right? Whatever you've been smoking, I definitely want some of that :D;) Anyway, how exactly do you plan to do the thing with Sion and Nihilus, I mean you have to fight both of them after that point, you don't just plan on making a clone of them do you?

Well, actually, yes. Why would the two characters that can't even stand the fact that you're alive, help you?? And there's no point in recruiting Nihilus in the final battle since you can't use him after that. I know the clone idea is not the best, but it's more believable that having 2 Sith Lords under orders from the exile. What's wrong with Mission?? :D

Archived