Home

Light or Dark, Which one has the best Force Powers?

i really depends on whos point of view, darkside got better offensive powers while lightside got better defensive powers, as lightside powers would suit a guardian as he has high hp and can stand a bit., while the lightsided consular gotta heal himself every 3 secs :D while darkside powers suit consular/sith lord more as he can just fry about everything to

hell before they even touch him

I'd have to say light side because i find it easyer then playing dark and with light you have that armor (spelling) power and self healing which i find most useful, and all i do is use them before battle and is so much better, beacuse it your fighting a dark jedi and say they use a dark force why your doing that you can strike them and plus with heal you can heal your party as well, with drain it's just you and you gotta check on your party to see if there heath is goo, so for me i perfer Light.

Defensively Light Side powers have the edge, and in terms of blunt offence Dark Side has the edge, but it goes beyond that.

If you are going to use a character who uses a lot of Force Powers (Consular) you are statistically better to go Dark Side. If you use a lot of Brute Force (Guardian) then Light Side is *way* better. You don't get Force Crush but Force Enlightenment gives you an absolutely stupid edge in every saber duel you'll get in.

the Darkside has the more destructive powers and turn you into a killing machine. Force Crush, Force Choke, lightning etc. means you can make short work of anyone.

But then with all the lightside defensive powers you can become pretty much indestructible

So really neither are more powerful than the other.

you got to love that Force Crush though :D

Originally posted by Bastila

I'd have to say light side because i find it easyer then playing dark and with light you have that armor (spelling) power and self healing which i find most useful, and all i do is use them before battle and is so much better, beacuse it your fighting a dark jedi and say they use a dark force why your doing that you can strike them and plus with heal you can heal your party as well, with drain it's just you and you gotta check on your party to see if there heath is goo, so for me i perfer Light.

I totally agree with you, dark shows more weakness because they cant control themself! :jawa

By definition, the Dark Side allows you to use the best offensive Force powers against your enemies. However, the Light Side's followers prefer to use their combat abilities instead of their powers, which is preferable against a Force's immunized adversary...

Dark Side, Lightside they are parts of the bigger whole there is only the force and the ways oit can be used to attain goals. If you must use yourself to conjure feelings of hate and anger to create force lightning then so bet it the force lightening is not a darkness its just how it isa used and what it is meant for...

Dark Side powers are overpowered.

After getting lightning, it's "game over" for the enemy. And when you get storm, it's "LOL" at the enemy.

Getting bosses in "Crush lock" is also really cheap...

That being said, I think the LS powers are really great, especially with the force enlightenment power. I prefer playing LS myself.

Being a hypocrite doesn't influence me to take the light side,eventhough I would prefer the light side.

I was a Weapons Master,but one mystery to my character was that my vitality was 289,and force points 298.Moreover,with all the light-side adjustments and relatively low-cost of universal buff powers,I find that my WM becomes almost indestructable in combat.Add a bit of Stasis Field+Force Wave(also works vice-versa) and then it's LOL at the enemy,light side style.

Personally I would also love to fry enemies and choke them whenever people didn't think my way.But in game,I'd have to go Light Side,hypocritically or not.

i think using Darkside powers makes the game a little bit eaisers.

Since badies can be fried !

Lightside powers still rock though and more for defence which follows the films, since yoda says that the force should be used for defence and never attack (i think, dont shout at me if im wrong)

• 3 weeks later...

Lightside powers rock. Sure dark side powers are overpowered and make you laugh at your enemy as they stumble in stupor overwhelmed by the pain of your.... oh I see your point.

Still when you get enlightment I think the balance tips in favour of Lightside, its just more fun. +2 or 3 to attack and damage, +13 or 14 to all saves, + 12 or 13 to defense, + 4-6 DC for force powers + lots of hp and fp. These are the net totals for bonuses for all powers at master level (master speed, force armor, master valour).

With such a huge advantage in just one battle round... I have to go with lightside.

Archived