Home

What do you expect from KOTOR 3 (if it will ever show up)

It would be nice for the main character to have a voice, but that would take a while to implement... that is, if they decide to go with the: "Multiple different male and female voices with LS (normal) and DS (probably implemented at about 60% or something DS) versions that the player can choose to go along with the PC." Since they would have to record a separate voice for each of those for every viable line the PC says, that would take a LOOONG time. :p

Anyways, an end to the Exile and Revan's stories, telling what happened to them... yadayada. A larger group of party members you can select from. As in, having 20-40 total possible members, but only 10 are able to be in your party. That would take some PC's own choosing, gender-decided, alignment-decided, and decided upon people who you aid/kill. More manipulative, Palpatine-style DS choices. And a "gray" ending and stuff as well. For all the gray jedi out there.

EDIT: And this isn't really an expectations from me, but more of a wishlist... >.<

It would be nice for the main character to have a voice, but that would take a while to implement... that is, if they decide to go with the: "Multiple different male and female voices with LS (normal) and DS (probably implemented at about 60% or something DS) versions that the player can choose to go along with the PC." Since they would have to record a separate voice for each of those for every viable line the PC says, that would take a LOOONG time. :p

Yes, you're right but that doesn't change another thing that seems also stupid, ANIMATIONS. Their animations of reactions, emotions are like those from old 2D cartoons which constantly repeat, they look like robots with limited functions with those moves:confused: . I would like that they move like in 3D cartoons like the Matrix cartoon, also when they talk.

Guest Saturnine

Well, I don't really EXPECT these things, since Bioware or Obsidian will never start making real RPG's, but none the less it would be nice if it would have at least following things:

- At least some role-playing, please.

- Better voice actors. Honestly, where they hired these earlier guys?

- Good story. No more amnesia or other crap with "find x artifacts / pieces of starmap / jedimasters / bunnies".

- Well written dialogue, not that cheesy stuff again that could be written by 15 years old child.

- Option for 100% soloing if that is what you want. (Really, what kind of sith hangs around with a wookie or bunch of idiots like Atton and Bastila?)

- Starting the game as a jedi or a sith WITH a lightsaber and force powers. -_-

- Non-linearity and some actual freedom...

- Turn based combat system, instead of that raped half-breed.

- Construction set.

Feel free to think whatever you want of this, but I'm not trolling or anything else. This is just my point of view -- my unimportant personal opinions. If you think that KOTOR-games were perfect, that's okay for me. Personally I just see them as nice pseudo-RPG's that have extremely short lifespan, and they lacked alot to appeal a role-player. :(

At least some role-playing, please

What's wrong with the role-playing in KOTOR? There doesn't seem to be any problem with it (except that there are to little skills, feats, powers, etc.).

Furthermore

Better voice actors. Honestly, where they hired these earlier guys?

Now, seriously what's wrong with that? I don't see a problem (except that the main character doesn't have a voice:mad: )

Good story. No more amnesia or other crap with "find x artifacts / pieces of starmap / jedimasters / bunnies".

Yes, you're right, it does seem stupid, (oh who am I kidding), actuely it IS stupid that you're main quest is to find someone/something.

(Really, what kind of sith hangs around with a wookie or bunch of idiots like Atton and Bastila?)

What's wrong with Bastila and Atton? I kind of like them, too bad I can't put more people in my ship.

Non-linearity and some actual freedom...

Well, the non-linearity seems limited.

Turn based combat system, instead of that raped half-breed.

Sorry for the complaining that is about to come Saturnine, but the combat system in KOTOR is one of the most idiotic ones that I have ever seen!:mad: Seriously, they should put in more moves, and two more combat (game) modes.

The first should be like in Star Wars: Jedi Academy where you're companions (who all come with you from the Ebon Hawk) will follow you and take care of themselves. Duels and fighting would look like this:

:lsduel:

And the other mode would be strategy like where you command you're troops, order them to do something, build a base, etc.

But the one thing that Saturnine said which I don't understand is this one:

Construction set.
:eyeraise:

Now what is that?:confused:

Explanation please.

Guest Saturnine
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada

What's wrong with the role-playing in KOTOR? There doesn't seem to be any problem with it (except that there are to little skills, feats, powers, etc.).

Problem is that there is none of it. Role-playing is not about statistics and powers, but about choise. It's about controlling that how your character acts, thinks and feels.

Of course it is nearly impossible to convert the absolute freedom of real role-playing games to a computer game, but in my eyes the quality of CRPG is defined by amount of success in providing me this freedom.

Now, seriously what's wrong with that? I don't see a problem (except that the main character doesn't have a voice:mad: )

Let's just say that in my eyes (and ears) Vampire: Bloodlines redefined the meaning of high-quality voiceacting.

What's wrong with Bastila and Atton? I kind of like them, too bad I can't put more people in my ship.

Matters of taste, I guess. I simply hated them, and their personality, and the fact that I couldn't kill them made me hate them even more. Poor dialogue didn't really help either.

Now what is that?:confused:

Explanation please.

By construction set I mean a program that you can use to create your own content to the game. As very good examples, both Neverwinter Nights (yuck!) and Morrowind included a one, and in both cases it resulted to a growing of gigantic mod communities and many highquality projects.

Role-playing is not about statistics and powers, but about choise. It's about controlling that how your character acts, thinks and feels.

As far a I can tell the role-playing in KOTOR wasn't that bad. But yet again, another reason why would Lucasarts insert a voice in the main character, but also make a test when making your character to detrmine his/her behavior. I think that they didn't put in a test when making a cheracter because, the character we create is supposed to reflect our imagination and ourselves (cause it would be seriously dumb to determine how will your character respond because he/she would say something incredibly stupid and unwanted that you would like to erase KOTOR:D ).

Let's just say that in my eyes (and ears) Vampire: Bloodlines redefined the meaning of high-quality voiceacting.

All right now what was that? Not that I didn't like the game, no sir, it was pretty good. But I think the main character didn't have a voice, PLUS: There is no freedom in it

O, yes and about the lack of good story, refer that to KOTOR 2:TSL. The ending and the plot was realy stupid.:mad:

I really agree with the fact of the voice-actors. Instead of a cool voice that fits with for example boa-dur they chose some gayish voice that doesn't belong to the character imo.

No stupid bonds, plz.

Some droid like hk-47, he rules.

As less as possible characters from the former games. I really hated seeing back like 5-7 characters from kotor I.

More Planets.

This number of team member is fine imo.

NO annoying characters like Kreia. Really, who on this forum actually thought she was cool?

Something original, NOT something like finding some lost monkey's and tell them to go to dantooine.

Longer story, really i finished the game in two frickin days. KOTOR I took me a week.

Cooler dialoges.

ability to kill more then 1 or 2 of your team members when they get annoying.

Some option that you can choose to begin as a sith or jedi and then return to the light or fall to the dark or stay the way you are. This could affect where you start in the game or something like that.

Well, that was much, don't think many of them will be real.

Guest Saturnine

All right now what was that? Not that I didn't like the game, no sir, it was pretty good. But I think the main character didn't have a voice, PLUS: There is no freedom in it

It's her royal majesty to you. :rolleyes:

But tell me, what the voice acting has to do with game's freedom? Eh? (Which it had anyway more than TSL, and definately far more role-playing).

I really have to agree with tmhe

More Planets.

There were to little worlds and they were the size of a medium neighbourhood.

NO annoying characters like Kreia. Really, who on this forum actually thought she was cool?

Nope, no one actuely thought she was good (for example I hated that Evil woman:mad: )

ability to kill more then 1 or 2 of your team members when they get annoying.

You can kill your own crew???????:confused:

It's her royal majesty to you.

:confused: What does that mean?

You can kill your own crew???????:confused:

You get to kill Kreia and you can get Visas to kill herself.

But i think it would be cool to kill GO-TO, Atton, Mira, Hanharr or Handmaiden.

But i think it would be cool to kill GO-TO

You're right I hate GO-TO:mad:

Now that I say about what I want (actuely like to happen)

I would like that you try to rebuild the fallen Republic, by commanding huge armies both on the ground and in space, to fight like in JA. Vehicles like swoops, fighters, tanks and so on. The main character would be Revan and all the crew from KOTOR 1 and 2 (with at least one possible true romance) where you fight the TRUE Sith, the Sith with the "Heart of Darkness" and the Force Artifact [i won't tell you anything about this Force Artifact...].

What I expect from KOTOR 3, is Revan to come back as the choosable guy or girl, but they would be the Protaganist [sp?], while you'd have to choose to follow him/her or the exile [him/her]. It would be nice for the main character to have a voice, and we being able to choose what voice we want the main character to have. More faces, and better hair styles [Dreadlocks :-D]. maybe, starting out with a lightsaber this time? not having to wait a couple worlds before getting it like the first two games.. The NPC's having better voiceovers, because i expected Bao-Dur to have a rough voice and be more violent then someone that follows the lightside [-_-]. Please alot more worlds and more moving space and not any crappy places like Nar Shadaa i really disliked Nar Shadaa for it's large space, but yet it being crowded. Some better force powers and finally making your own robes and equipment?

I agree with the larger worlds, but if they want to wrap up the stories of Revan and Exile, they're going to HAVE to bring back old characters (preferably as NPCs, except HK and T3, of course). And I liked Kreia... somewhat... >.> And with the greater range of party members (but only about 10 to actually be in your party) very special ways in getting them, and ways to simply kill, ANY of them. Except the highly important to overall storyline ones. Oh and, a different ship :/

ok the 'your character not having a voice' thing i would agree with if we were discussing the making of kotor 2 before it was made baut as there are now 2 games under the kotor name i gues it is now part of the style of that game to not have a voice for your charater for better or worse

things i would like to see

more side missions, in kotor you got side missions via talking to your crew in tsl it was by talking to certain people on the planets i would like to see both implemented in kotor 3

a better ending

better voice actors i have to say bao durs voice did my head in otherwise the voice acting wasnt too badbut i dont want to have a character that i keep haveing to either pay attention to the subtitles or crank up the sound on my tv to know what ther're saying

when choosing your face being able to choose the features of the face i.e. styles of facial hair colour of eye/skin etc

putting the implants back in the feat section rather than base it on how much constitution you have

finding the manufacturers of the hk-50's and destroying them with the help of hk-47

im sure theres more and i'll add some when i think of them :D

You know what I also think would be t3h r0xx0rz? HK-47 taking over all of his copies and leading an army of "superior" clones of himself (though all obeying him) against random people, just for fun. Such as, they go to Nar Shaddaa, HK plays against someone at Pazaak and loses 50k credits. HK summons up his lackeys and deals with it. The Republic try to take him down, he summons up more lackeys, and the soldiers all die. That could be the storyline instead of wrapping up the Exile and Revan's stories. Just leave those two in mystery, and have them "save" the universe, while HK and his copies start up a war.

Really the biggest criticism I can level at the first game (not played TSL) is to do with the worlds. You can't really explore that much, everything has limits very close by. Even when you leave a city, you're encased by rock faces or some other kind of border, and it's all kind of flat.

I think maybe if there's too much freedom to wander, you get dull open spaces, and it creates a confusing, unfocused game experience. So a balance needs to be struck, but I'd really love to have more to explore on the surface of each planet, even if that meant one or two less planets.

Maybe even landspeeders, sail barges, speeder bikes etc. could make an entrance as ways to get across the bigger worlds.

I want the feeling that I'm not finding every little nook of the game on a first play through it. With KOTOR, everything's so condensed and rigid that you can't help but find all the quests. It feels almost like an adventure game where everything's waiting to be solved, rather than a living Star Wars world to 'role-play' in.

If KOTOR 3 is a while a way, maybe that kind of scope is a realistic thing to wish for, I don't know.

And less exciting but would be cool:

- A choice of different ships, with buying/selling and upgrades possible.

- More dynamic reputation stuff hinging on your choices. Becoming notorious/wanted across one or more planets, with different kinds of bounty hunters trying to track you down, for example.

- In fact, I want to be able to get sidetracked and ditch the main quest for a bit. Let me do work for crime lords, smuggling, collecting bounties etc, outside of single side quests.

I would like to have the renewable shields (you know the ones with unlimited uses) to work differently. Now you can just re-use the shield when it's worn out (when blasted away, just reactivate the shield, when timed out just reactivate). I'd like to change that into an always on regenerating shield (like the shields in SWGB, and most other strategy games). So that once the shield is depleted it has to power up, and does so automatic (on a higher rate than hitpoints even with the feat). Personally I would do the entire armor system different, but that doen't really matter to me.

I don't really want the main character to have a voice, as I think it's supposed to leave that to your imagination. But I don't really mind it either, just not big dialog.

I would absolutly not want a turn based combat system. I just think it will become somthing like Final Fantasy or Breath of Fire with that, and I really hated those games (you couldn't even be evil, it just got a looped conversation).

You can't really explore that much, everything has limits very close by. Even when you leave a city, you're encased by rock faces or some other kind of border, and it's all kind of flat.

You're right

Maybe even landspeeders, sail barges, speeder bikes etc. could make an entrance as ways to get across the bigger worlds.

Right again

And less exciting but would be cool:

And again:D

would absolutly not want a turn based combat system.

I also don't like turn-based combat systems.

Please alot more worlds and more moving space and not any crappy places like Nar Shadaa i really disliked Nar Shadaa for it's large space, but yet it being crowded. Some better force powers and finally making your own robes and equipment?

Agreed.

More ideas please.:)

The only other things I want for KOTOR 3 are hoods for the robes, bigger planets, and more options to kill people.

The hoods are not such a bad idea, for the planets I tottaly agree,

but the people... I don't know (I would agree if I liked killing people [even imaginary] but I don't like it).

Archived