Who first got you into Star Wars?

urluckyday

Who got you hooked on Star Wars?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who got you hooked on Star Wars?

• A Friend
    • Parent(s)
    • Relative
    • I watched it by myself and loved it right away!

heck if i know. from what my parents tell me, they showed the whole trilogy to me before i was 3 years old. i guess what really did it was when they bought the entire original trilogy (as in the first version before the late 90's updates) on VHS. eventually, i got addicted to it, and couldn't stop watching it with my sister when i was about 8-9 years old.

from there, i've been doing the yoda quotes in debates and playing the occasional SW game that came down the pipes from LA.

If I can remember correctly, my uncle introduced me to Star Wars. He is a big fan of all fantasy movies/games, sci-fi stuff, and the like, and when he told me about it, I was immediately hooked.

If anything, it was my dad. I wasn't too big with science fiction back then, and I couldn't differentiate between Ster Trek and Star Wars. Of course, now I know the difference. Though I have no interest in Star Trek. So I watched the OT, and for a long time, I wondered what happened to ep 1, 2, and 3... (I was little then, mind you).

What ultimately swayed me into being a SW fan? The lightsabers, of course. :saberb::saberg::saberr::confused:

• 2 months later...

BUMP!

Wanna hear a story? No? Too bad :p

When I was little my dad always dragged me and my older sisters to antique shops. Pretty boring for a 5 year old? For years and years, he'd do this. My favorite things to look at were the toys, even though I didn't know what half of them were. I always loved looking at the vintage guys, the aliens and spaceships intrigued me. When SW was on TNT one day (I know I had just turned 8 at the time), I asked my dad if we could watch it and he let me. I loved it since. We got all the action figures that came out that year after having gotten me a ton of vintage ones to play with. I'd say it was me who got me into it. I took the initive to ask. My dad didn't rent it for me to see or anything....

Mine was when i was really little, 3 or 4, i went to my uncles house and when i was there i was kind of toddling around the house and came upon the library, in there i found a door which i of course opened when i was showered upon by old star wars and star trek stuff, after that, my uncle showed me the movies and i fell in love.

Edit: With the Movies, not my uncle

wow, I feel sorrow for those poor people who were introduced to SW via Episode I. Its like going to a formula1 race to watch the safety cars :(:p

mtfbwya

At work, I was trying to convince a coworker to watch SW movies. She finally agreed to do so. What does she end up renting? TPM and AotC. I was like "WTF? Go get the first ones!" and she told me 'those were the first ones.' Gah. You're not supposed to watch them chronologically! She did watch all 6 films though. It supports my theory she only likes films with a hot guy as the star, because she liked AotC (my least fav) and RotS (nothing wrong with that I suppose) the most. She said the originals were decent. Decent?! Pah. What does she know?

wow, I feel sorrow for those poor people who were introduced to SW via Episode I. Its like going to a formula1 race to watch the safety cars :(:p

mtfbwya

Yeah its horrible really but some people might have been born at a different time so they are younger but still someone who hasnt seen 4,5,6 before EPI is sad.

Archived