Home

[WIP] New Playable Characters

lord_yig

I wanted to add a new female playable character to TSL, a twilek female character to be exact and The Ossus Keeper did release a mod that include some skins that would have fullfilled my wish but it didn't.

So i made those while helping myself with the work already made by The Ossus Keeper, so here i give credits to his work that gave me a template to work with and helped me a lot...

Thanks for your work man and also to allow us all to use your work in your readme.

Concerning my mod so far it consist of three playable female twilek, i don't know if i will make them unique, so far the three uses the sames skins based on one of the twilek assassin i have slightly modified and edited, this is some very basic textures work. The difference between the three is in the head model, these are models from the game. If i make all of them different, one could have a more reddish skin color scheme and the other a darker color scheme leading to the black.

I have made some portraits to use with the mod and i'm quiet proud of what i have made because they do look like the original one from the game...

I have also made some darkside transition skins that render the transistion very subtle. Check the screens i can't explains this with words but looks at the eys and at some incrustation and shadows on the skin.

I'll certainly Darkside Skins for the Body if i have time. I also have tried to make the Twilek Assasins model to be their common clothes but it all mess up the character selecting window at the start of the game while it works fine in the game.

I'll also plan to make their male counterparts but i have just started and do not have started any custom skin yet. And i'm also interested to make some other alien-like character playable (Gran, Trandoshan, Wookies... etc) But i don't know if this will be possible depending on various model problems and compatibility... Any idea with this are welcome...

Here are some screenshots of my work so far :

FHEAD 1 | FHEAD 2 | FHEAD 3

FHEAD Darkside 1 | FHEAD Darkside 2

FBODY | FBODY

MBODY | MBODY

Comments and ideas are welcome. i hope some of you will like this.

I too have been working on a new selectable pc heads mod. My main plan is to make it compatible with others mods. Right now I have been working on the more unusual aliens that have complex head body combos like many of the aliens. I will have all of the non standard ones you mentioned above.(Gran, Trandoshan, Wookies) As well as other aliens. Since I'm doing alot of this in my free time it is taking me longer than planned. However I would gladly make mine compatible with yours or if you want to join in with mine we can work together to produce a larger scale. I was having help from Drazin but I haven't heard from him in about a week or so. So I don't know if he gave up or just did all of the ones he wanted.

Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

Nice work. Good luck on getting the Twi'lek assassin clothes/body model to work in the game.

As Darkkender has just said, it works just fine in game but the only problem i see is that if you choose one of my twilek head while creating a character, the texture from the twilek assassin model (made into the default clothes) is applied to the default model for cloth of the original character from the game and it looks very ugly since the UVW map are different.

But if the game randomly choose one of my head as a default one for one of the female class it looks just fine. I guess it comes from the game itself who do not refresh or reload the default model for clothes specified in apparance.2da, in fact some modders have altered the default clothes but in the original game all clothes model are the same one and unique model.

@darkkender : We could work together, yes, I'll be glad too :). I was also planning to make my mod compatible with others Heads Mod and some others altering the apparence.2da, heads.2da and portrait.2da files. I'll PM you. But i'll certainly need your guidance since i'm new at modding this game (and this game engine)

Edit : By the way i have noted a problem with the heads (both male or female twilek) i think they lack some of the bones or structures to attach all mask model from the game. If you equip a mask with those head they do not appear as for Kreia's and Visa's head.

I don't know if it worth the editing of the model but i think it can be annoying for a Player Character if like me you enjoy some freakin' looking masks :)

The female head looks wicked (in a good way)!

I especially like the green eyes and how they slowly lose their vibrance then transitioning to the yellowed hue. Very nice touch and attention to detail :thumbsup:

Also, I like the red coloring, definitely gives her a more DS feel for a Twilek. :)

Here's a little update on my work.

I have made 3 different female twilek skins with darkside transitions, body and default clothe have their darkside textures as well. Applied to three models each it makes 9 selectable heads for the player to choose.

It will be released as part of the selectable pc heads mod project of Darkkender.

Portraits

Portraits | Darkside Portraits 1 | Darkside Portraits 2

Darkside Body Texture

Darkside Body Texture Back 1 | Darkside Body Texture Back 2 | Darkside Body Texture Front 1 | Darkside Body Texture Front 2 | Darkside Body Texture Front 3

Clothe Texture

Clothe Texture Front 1 | Clothe Texture Front 2 | Clothe Texture Front 3 | Clothe Texture Front 4 | Clothe Texture Front 5

Darkside Clothe Texture

Darkside Clothe Texture Back 1 | Darkside Clothe Texture Back 2 | Darkside Clothe Texture Back 3 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 1 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 2 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 3 |

Originally posted by lord_yig

Here's a little update on my work.

I have made 3 different female twilek skins with darkside transitions, body and default clothe have their darkside textures as well. Applied to three models each it makes 9 selectable heads for the player to choose.

It will be released as part of the selectable pc heads mod project of Darkkender.

Portraits

Portraits | Darkside Portraits 1 | Darkside Portraits 2

Darkside Body Texture

Darkside Body Texture Back 1 | Darkside Body Texture Back 2 | Darkside Body Texture Front 1 | Darkside Body Texture Front 2 | Darkside Body Texture Front 3

Clothe Texture

Darkside Clothe Texture Front 1 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 2 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 3 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 4 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 5

Darkside Clothe Texture

Darkside Clothe Texture Back 1 | Darkside Clothe Texture Back 2 | Darkside Clothe Texture Back 3 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 1 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 2 | Darkside Clothe Texture Front 3 |

Very nice. 1 question: in your post you name the links under the CLothes section as darkside clothes, even though underneath that there is the Darkside clothes section, and was that a mistake/purposeful/what? I liked the textures anyway, however. Hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

Very nice. 1 question: in your post you name the links under the CLothes section as darkside clothes, even though underneath that there is the Darkside clothes section, and was that a mistake/purposeful/what? I liked the textures anyway, however. Hope that makes sense.

Sorry, this was a mistake.

I was about to sleep when i have posted this and i have missed that, it is corrected now...

Thanks for your comments.

like the others already said: nicely done.

but me as a fan of twileks would like to see other colours. what i mean is.. umm.. how can i explain that.. they look 'too white' for me.. i dunno how to explain it better. but i guess u get the deal what im tryin to say.

i like the moviestyle twileks more like ayla secura or the twilek in jabbas hidout.

anyway. its still a good work, specially cause of the fact that the most hadnt reskinned the transitions for the twilek heads in kotor 1.. so its definitly a step in the right direction with this mod :)

Originally posted by FunSolo

like the others already said: nicely done.

but me as a fan of twileks would like to see other colours. what i mean is.. umm.. how can i explain that.. they look 'too white' for me.. i dunno how to explain it better. but i guess u get the deal what im tryin to say.

i like the moviestyle twileks more like ayla secura or the twilek in jabbas hidout.

anyway. its still a good work, specially cause of the fact that the most hadnt reskinned the transitions for the twilek heads in kotor 1.. so its definitly a step in the right direction with this mod :)

I understand what you are saying. In fact i have another version for the blue twilek. But i did not like how it make the model looks in game so i put it aside without deleting it. I could tweak it a bit and show you what it looks like...

And if some of you like it i'll can include it with the mod. I'l try to give you more screenshots soon.

I understand what you are saying. In fact i have another version for the blue twilek. But i did not like how it make the model looks in game so i put it aside without deleting it. I could tweak it a bit and show you what it looks like...

And if some of you like it i'll can include it with the mod. I'l try to give you more screenshots soon.

I, for one, would really like to see a Blue Twilek. I thought Mission was sexy. Maybe it was the blue skin? Whatever you do, it looks great. I can not wait until it is up for download

:cool:

Originally posted by Darkkender

I too have been working on a new selectable pc heads mod.

Maybe you would be interested in including this head too?

http://killerwave.solsector.net/blood/test01.jpg

Btw I didnt make the textures for this one, i just adjusted a bit the textures from the long haired male in kotor (someone had made the beard for it already, cant remember who...)

...would this be ilegal? using partly textures from kotor (i believe it may be in kotor 2)?

There is some problem with the long haired male head in kotor2, only viewable at a certain angle...has anyone managed to fix it?

http://killerwave.solsector.net/blood/test02.jpg

Also,

would be possible to make a new head model instead of just editing textures?

I made a male katar texture for kotor...if anyone is interested i could try to adapt it for kotor2.

Nice job on the twilek female on this thread btw :)

yea, sure, show it, im curious :)

but, what do u mean with 'how it make the model looks in game'? u mean the colour? or with robes? or to dark? to blue at all? wrong tone?:D

Originally posted by FunSolo

yea, sure, show it, im curious :)

but, what do u mean with 'how it make the model looks in game'? u mean the colour? or with robes? or to dark? to blue at all? wrong tone?:D

Can't explain this with words... :D

that's kind of something with my feelings looking at it...

Judge by yourself, but it it is even whiter than the other blueish skin so you might not like it either...

TWILEK HEAD | BODY

I'll try to make somme darker color schemes just to see how it looks... Expect some new screenshots this weekend...

I have made some colors scheme test for some new skin variation and it will help me also for the male version of the Twilek.

Don't pay attention to the body or the eyes colors these are some test only. All i can say is that i don't really like them appart from the Red one. So here are the shots, make your own opinion :

Blue | Green | Orange | Purple | Yellow | Red 1 | Red 2

Any comments and ideas are welcome.

Archived