Home

How to become a Jedi

Darth_Krow looked up at the skies and said

...but that was only if we were in the same galaxy as where it was based..

And how do you know we're not in that galaxy?

Perhaps the opening words are being directed at a race of beings in a galaxy far, far away a long, long time in the future?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as for me, i couldn't care less if there really was a "Force". personally, it doesn't fit my belief structure, and i haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. call it ignorance or bigotry if you like, but as i've stated in several previous threads, if you are going to claim something then back it up with a reputable citation. :dozey:

Originally posted by THE MANDALORE

Also, if you watched CNN during the time of Episode I, you would have seen a broadcast in which they talked about how 250,000 people wanted the census board to add 'Jedi' as a religion. (I found this very amusing).

:rolleyes:

Now this is a religion I want to be part of :D

Seriously though, if anyone here had the force, they would've figured it out that I was a guy before people started looking.

This thread is - WOW!

Jedi: I'm with Shok on this one. A Jedi is a bringer of justice, not a bad-guy slicer.

Force: A concept being explored by humankind, and was introduced and made famous by GL.

I had heard of some 'Hibbs particle' or comething, not exactly clear, but they said it may just possibly be what the world calls 'The Force'. I'll check it out and post it.

I was coming from a more, sorta X-Files perspective than SW...

All right Mr Mulder, I see your point and could you do us a favor and STOP talking about your Alien crap, you IDIOT!!! AND START DOING SOMETHING USEFUL!!!!!

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol:

just kidding:p

Are you having any serious problems at home? That could explain your idea about the force...

I was looking through your and Prime's posts and asked myself......... Who is a bigger GROUCH, you or Prime!:D

Man, an hour after I post this reply I'm going to start a thread called 'Prime or Devon' to determine who is a bigger grouch.

If you watched the original documentaries by GL, he specifically stated that he created the Jedi order from Buddhism. Buddhists believe in the same principals as Jedi. They believe in controling their emotions, and in meditation. GL also said that Yoda was created to mirror 'Buddha' and all jedi were his followers.

Thanks for the info Mandalore, Oh and by the way is your thread 'If KOTOR was real...' thread still active?

Also, if you watched CNN during the time of Episode I, you would have seen a broadcast in which they talked about how 250,000 people wanted the census board to add 'Jedi' as a religion. (I found this very amusing).

Maybe WE could start a Jedi as a Order of peace keepers and justice bringers.

I think I kinda have what Vlad has. But not that big of a power. if theres any

Oh, come on!:)

and i haven't seen any evidence to the contrary

We were discusing and evidence for EIGHT DAYS! Empathy is one of the proofs, you can't beat that, HA:o

Seriously though, if anyone here had the force, they would've figured it out that I was a guy before people started looking.

Everyone is!

Everyone has the Force!

Are they force sensitive though?

Jedi: I'm with Shok on this one. A Jedi is a bringer of justice, not a bad-guy slicer.

Force: A concept being explored by humankind, and was introduced and made famous by GL.

You're a GENIUS, I completly agree!!!!:D

had heard of some 'Hibbs particle' or comething, not exactly clear, but they said it may just possibly be what the world calls 'The Force'. I'll check it out and post it.

No need to waste time, it is just a physics term when you reach light speed, you become energy and light is considered as part of you. Conclusion: The Hibbis Particle is a complete waste of our time.

Man, Devon where are you hurrying to, it's not like that university is going to run away from you if you draw out 5 stinking minutes to developing emathy or telekenisis to become a Jedi, bringer of justice and peace-keeping?!:)

And people where are YOU? Where did Kariudo go, where is lukeiamyourdad, what happened to stingerhs, what about Prime or Darth333, what about Crying_Fate or Bastila??

COME ON PEOPLE, DON'T YOU REALISE THAT WE ALL HAVE IT!!! AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE HAVE THESE ABILITIES, YOU WOULD GIVE UP EVEN IF SOME OF YOU ONLY HAVE IT???

Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada

Man, Devon where are you hurrying to, it's not like that university is going to run away from you if you draw out 5 stinking minutes to developing emathy or telekenisis to become a Jedi, bringer of justice and peace-keeping?!:) B]

I'm on shpring brejk. I do"nt newd to go tpe unviserity. I' nbecoming nocurnal as an exporiemnt for a gew days../ if i did nerd to go i woildn't bw here... excuse the poir graamer and speluing. empathy is not a necesarry thiong to have. Ahiiiiio wld wdij; wadii../ nerd sleepp./

Editg... I'f your wondring why I'm here it kerps m e awalke...

We were discusing and evidence for EIGHT DAYS! Empathy is one of the proofs, you can't beat that, HA
so your "proof" is that you can read a bunch of posts and deduce through logic what a person is?? and your "proof" entirely exists in the form of your own words??

empathy is not a proof, no matter what you seem to think. being able to study peoples habits and mannerisms to deturmine who they are is not some 'new' discovery that you just found out. in criminalistics, there's something called profiling in which people study the similar characteristics and motivations for several linked crimes and deturmine, with fair accuracy, what that person is like. the process is psychologically and socialogically based, not based on the 'Force'. the fact that you can do something similar by reading peoples' posts in a forum is somewhat different, but only to a degree.

if you manage to find any real evidence, then post it. until then, quit trying to convince the rest of us of your "proof".

Hello, I'm BACK:cool:

I'm on shpring brejk. I do"nt newd to go tpe unviserity. I' nbecoming nocurnal as an exporiemnt for a gew days../ if i did nerd to go i woildn't bw here... excuse the poir graamer and speluing. empathy is not a necesarry thiong to have. Ahiiiiio wld wdij; wadii../ nerd sleepp./

Man go get some sleep.

I'm still around and what happend today to me was really frightening...

I've seen someone fight too.:(

Nooi../ Tyuping keepps me awakei

All right Binks sleep.

so your "proof" is that you can read a bunch of posts and deduce through logic what a person is?? and your "proof" entirely exists in the form of your own words??

Did you even read other people's posts or were you just looking for holes in my theory, other people have good theories, better than mine.

And I didn't see YOU posting any proof that neither you nor anyone has it. HA:o :D .

P.S. I don't understand why does stingerhs even bother complaining. Maybe it's because he is afraid of becoming a SITH!!!

:rofl::lol::rofl:

^^^^

what the heck did you do?? read the first half of my post and skip the second?? or do you simply prefer to ignore reason?? i'll quote what i posted earlier for your benefit, but your ignorance is disturbing.

empathy is not a proof, no matter what you seem to think. being able to study peoples habits and mannerisms to deturmine who they are is not some 'new' discovery that you just found out. in criminalistics, there's something called profiling in which people study the similar characteristics and motivations for several linked crimes and deturmine, with fair accuracy, what that person is like. the process is psychologically and socialogically based, not based on the 'Force'. the fact that you can do something similar by reading peoples' posts in a forum is somewhat different, but only to a degree.
and if you want to see proof of its existence and what it entails i'll post a couple of links below:

first link: http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminology/criminalprofiling2/

second link: http://www.criminalprofiling.ch/introduction.html

once again, i'm waiting for at least some form of documentation on this 'empathy' concept.

You think that emapthy is just a name for CRIMINAL PROFILING!!!!:confused: Are you nuts?

Here's some links, COWARD:

http://www.empathy.com/

http://www.nwrel.org/scpd/sirs/7/cu13.html

:eek: UNBELIVEABLE!!!!There are instructions on how ot DEVELOP empathy!!!!! HUUHUHUHRARARAHHRH!!!!

I've read it, and did it, it works.

P.S.Beat that Prime,Devon and stingerhs!!!!

wow, you have just so completely misunderstood your own sources. nowhere in any of your sources does it involve actively 'connecting' with someone's mind or the likeness of which you have been implying in any of your previous posts.

according to your own source:

an empathic response is one which contains both a cognitive and an affective dimension....the term empathy [is] used in at least two ways; to mean a predominantly cognitive response, understanding how another feels, or to mean an affective communion with the other.
this does not involve a mind to mind connection or anything similar. what your source states on empathy involves being able to understand someone's situation through observation of their actions and conversations about their concerns. through these actions, you will be able to become empathetic to an individual's situation.

that is what your sources say, not a connection through the 'Force'. your ideas are just as far-fetched as i first assumed, and now you've even provided me with the proof.

and do realize that so far i've matched you point for point in this 'debate'. calling me a coward because i've risen to the challege you presented is insulting.

It is similar to connection between people and probably not explored enough, by the way did you even LOOK at the deveploping section and did you even try it? And about the Coward thing, yes it was a low punch and I apologise.It's just that I don't understand why don't you want to become a Hero (Jedi), I mean everyone can.

If you want, then keep asking questions or writing or thinking.:)

But if you say no, than that would mean that I am talking to the wrong person,:( But that deosn't give YOU a reason to ruin somones hope or dreams (Warining: I don't mean mine) just because YOU don't want it or don't believe in it!

P.S. I wrote the COWARD thing to tell you that it is cowardly to back off from something that can be explored and learned from, but it was a mistake to say it and I apologise.

i didn't say there was anything wrong with the concept, so don't assume that. i merely stated that its pretty far-fetched. the idea of empathcizing with someone is a desireable and attainable goal, but for me it doesn't go as far as 'connecting' with someone through some make-believe 'Force'. if you choose to believe that way, then that's your own personal decision. i just happen to believe that both sides of an issue need to be explored for the casual reader before they make their own personal decision, as should all personal decisions. influencing others based on factual information is one thing, but influencing them on personal convictions or opinions is an entirely different matter.

First of all, no flames or name calling, people. This is a warning. If it continues the thread will be closed.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Being a Jedi is not at all about slicing people up with a lightsaber, or running really fast. It's about holding to certain ideals, and developing a greater understanding of the Universe.

But what is being discussed here has nothing to do with gaining a greater understanding of how the universe works. If anything, its trying to take a concept from a matinee serialish movie and trying to apply it to older mind-power concepts that have no evidence of existing in the first place. Thus, you are in essence reducing your underatanding of how the real world works.

Until one of you brings the slightest scientific (i.e. Not some person saying she has it) evidence that ESP, telekinesis, or things of that sort exist, then the discussion mearly degenerates into "I am a Jedi because I say so." Until you are able to show that these things actually exist, then you do not have a leg to stand on. Since Vlad is the one making the claim, it is up to him to provide scientific evidence of such things. You have not done so. Things like empathy can and have been explained in the past using real world principles and observing how individuals interact with each other. You are misinterpreting what the definition of what empathy means, and what the researchers are refering to in the article you quoted. That article shows that your mystic views of empathy are incorrect. The same with deja vu and the like. You are choosing to ignore the actual explanations, and instead apply concepts displayed in a fantasy film.

It is all well and good to say that you want to follow the ideals shown in the film, but that is by no means an indication that mystical concepts and plot devices are in fact at work in the real world. And you have provided nothing that would suggest otherwise.

You've asked for theories, and people here have given you some. But you are not looking for debate, you seem to be looking for yes men. Because as soon as someone disagrees with you, you call them cowards or grouchy, and say that they are trying to ruin your hopes and dreams. From what I've seen, you have seen Star Wars and like what the Jedi are, and are trying to make yourself one, and want the concepts shown in the film to be real. If you were into X-Men, perhaps you would be coming here claiming that you/others have mutant powers.

At some point you will learn that these are stories designed for entertainment, and not ment to be a commentary on how the real world functions.

Archived