disciple/handmaiden

Aidy

who do you love the most????  

67 members have voted

1. 1. who do you love the most????

• Miguel???
    • Ze Handmaiden???

Handmaiden

Why, because of all the points mentioned above. And you can learn battle precognition from her. (adds wisdom modifier to defense). I think it is one of the most usefull feats in the game, yet it can only be gained as male. I don't see any advantage from disciple, only an extra mouth to feed on your ship.

And yes I find her way hotter than disciple :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that the Disciple is not a very thrilling character, he's more like an ancient teller of fairy-tales, if you get my point ^_-

[x] Handmaiden

Since she is more useful in combat and her character has a deeper background.

Originally posted by warchild75

As annoying as carth coz he did my head in.:mad:

When you play as a female does your face change when you go ds.Gonna have to give it a go.:D

Not as near as annoying as Carth even tho i didn't think Carth was that bad, and as a DS female your face goes evil as well.

The Handmaiden is more useful than the Disciple. Combining Soldier with Jedi Consular is an unwise class chose, because Disciple wisdom is simply too low, and the result is that the character is weak, as a Jedi Consular, for example compared to Kreia. In the same way, the Handmaiden is well balanced as a Soldier/Guardian, and is possible to have her in the party even if you are not using a male playing character (using the Handmaiden mod created by stoffe-mkb). Also, the Disciple has that good boy attitude that I never liked in a character (like Carth in Kotor I, but Carth is a pivotal character, and well suited for his class, Disciple is not, especially as a Jedi). So I voted the Handmaiden, even if I'm a girl.

Well I'd pick Mical for the "I won't run back to my former master with a prize" kinda attitude HandMaiden seems to have.

In a game for real playthrough value though I'd pick handmaiden every time.

She's just a better character in my book. :D

Plus she can teach you how to not get your arse kicked in unarmed combat ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

The handamiden has a name too you know, Brianna!

Yeah about that, whats the deal there? Why are they called Deciple/HandMaiden and not their real names?

Anyway, I always play through with female characters (lets face it, the male profile choices aren't that good for 1 or 2) so I have only had Deciple in my party. While he can be nice to have along since he praises your every good deed (and for me was the first jedi I could train), his character was totally lacking and rather boring. I'm unsure how HandMaiden will be as far as her story goes, but really ANYTHING would be an improvement over Deciple.

i would have to say Handmaiden (Brianna)...

it seems Kriea manipulates Disciple (Mical) more then the handmaiden, i wonder why...

Probably because...

...he's starting to catch on to what is going on, and as such could gain insight into Kreia's plans. There's no need to manipulate the Handmaiden since she pretty much just blindly follow you without a clue as to what is really going on.

Other than that the two are fairly similar personality-wise. Both are totally humorless, serious and a bit naive. Both follow the Exile because of the emotional attachment they've formed to her (though more strongly in the case of the Disciple, since you have a past history even if he won't admit it at first).

IMHO, the Handmaiden is slightly less annoying than the Disciple though. Not exactly sure what it is about the Disciple that bothers me, but there is something... :)

Both follow the Exile because of the emotional attachment they've formed to her (though more strongly in the case of the Disciple, since you have a past history even if he won't admit it at first).

IMHO, the Handmaiden is slightly less annoying than the Disciple though. Not exactly sure what it is about the Disciple that bothers me, but there is something... :)

I think that was the only really redeamable element of his character, finding out about that history (though brief in coming). It added a nice element to give more insight about who the Exile was before the start of the game. Of course Handmaiden does the same thing. . . but with a more detattched way of going about it.

Having finally played with both characters thanks to a certain mod. . . I found the stuff Handmaiden adds to the over all story far more gratifying.

As for why Disciple is annoying (other than the whole lack a real name), I would have to say I think its probably his voice which kills his character the most. He sounds like he would be better suited to a fairytale than the SW universe.

As for why Disciple is annoying (other than the whole lack a real name),

He does have a real name :) Mical. Why he isn't called Mical is a mystery to me.

I would have to say I think its probably his voice which kills his character the most. He sounds like he would be better suited to a fairytale than the SW universe.

You're so right! He looks a bit like those blonde prince charming from "generic fairy tale # X".

Or maybe he just sounds like he's high all the time.

He does have a real name :) Mical. Why he isn't called Mical is a mystery to me.

That's sort of my point, it made no sense to exclude that. Looking at it from a personal relationship sense, its hard to identify with someone who lacks a name. Calling him Disciple all the time lends itself easily to seeing him as nothing more than an object, which hurts any game when the story relies on you needing to 'care' enough about these characters that you WANT to find out their history and give them a chance to add things to the game.

You're so right! He looks a bit like those blonde prince charming from "generic fairy tale # X".

Yup, that was the first thing I thought when he first spoke. Before I first ran into his character I thought he would be alright, but after that first bow and his first lines I was like "I hate you." I was in total agreement with Atton.

Archived