Home

K-GFF (GFF Editing Utility) v1.3.0

i just download this and i am having the same exact problem as Viscerus.

i start KGFF, the click file/open, then i browse to the character utc file i want to open and i click it, and KGFF stays just as it was when i started it, with no trace of my utc file displayed at all.

help!

Same problem as Simbacca and Viscerus. Execute kgff, select file/open, pick a gff file and nothing happens. All the display fields in kgff remain blank. title bar says the file is open but nothing happens. I have mainly tried opening someof redhawks light saber utis.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you try moving the left/right panel split point? Look on the lower left of the K-GFF window for a small box. I you mouse over the vertical line it sits on, you should see the horizontal resize cursor ( <---> ). Drag the split point to the right and you should see the treeview. I had the same problem...

• 1 month later...

KGFF stopped working for me :(

I used it fine for a couple of projects, but now when I try to use it

...the exact same way I was using it before...

opening a file, I get a tiny window that pops up for a split second then closes and I can't 'catch it' to resize it...

And if I open KGFF and use it to locate and open a file, I get a blank window somewhat like what was described above...

I am using version 224

anyone know what could be the problem?

MJPB3 - Are we talking about KGFF? When I checked this morning at http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php , 1.1.5 is the most recent version.

If it is KGFF, try the following:

Did you try moving the left/right panel split point? Look on the lower left of the K-GFF window for a small box. I you mouse over the vertical line it sits on, you should see the horizontal resize cursor ( <---> ). Drag the split point to the right and you should see the treeview. I had the same problem...

The kgff.ini file is in c:\windows, you may be able to manually change some of the parameters in it to solve your problem to.

And if I open KGFF and use it to locate and open a file, I get a blank window somewhat like what was described above...

For some reason, in the latest version of K-Gff i have to go to the view menu and click refresh once I loaded a file in order to view it.

For some reason, in the latest version of K-Gff i have to go to the view menu and click refresh once I loaded a file in order to view it.

Oh my word...

Darth333, that worked...

Well, now isn't that weird, it worked fine before...

huh...

Anyway, thanks! That did the trick ;P

• 3 months later...

There are a couple things.

- KGFF supports Field Type Orientation (value: 16) and Field Type Vector (value: 17) which were not part of the GFF specification at the time GFFEditor was created but were used in KotOR. GFFEditor would corrupt these fields, most notably, the CameraList in the .git files. This was the primary reason KGFF was made.

- KGFF displays CExoLocStrings as having child nodes for each localized string. This allows there to be more than one string per CExoLocString.

- KGFF supports the importing and exporting of Binary data.

- KGFF can read TLK files to interpret the resrefs of CExoLocStrings.

- KGFF's Copy/Paste functions use XML and the Windows Clipboard to do the transferring, allowing you copy and paste between two instances of KGFF or even pasting to notepad and back again.

- KGFF has a couple other features like the Search functions, Revert, Fold/Expand Tree

There are a couple things.

- KGFF supports Field Type Orientation (value: 16) and Field Type Vector (value: 17) which were not part of the GFF specification at the time GFFEditor was created but were used in KotOR. GFFEditor would corrupt these fields, most notably, the CameraList in the .git files. This was the primary reason KGFF was made.

- KGFF displays CExoLocStrings as having child nodes for each localized string. This allows there to be more than one string per CExoLocString.

- KGFF supports the importing and exporting of Binary data.

- KGFF can read TLK files to interpret the resrefs of CExoLocStrings.

- KGFF's Copy/Paste functions use XML and the Windows Clipboard to do the transferring, allowing you copy and paste between two instances of KGFF or even pasting to notepad and back again.

- KGFF has a couple other features like the Search functions, Revert, Fold/Expand Tree

Intresting. It sounds like it is time to upgrade. :)

Thanks TK! :)

Small tweak to K-GFF to make it more KotOR Tool friendly.

If you'd like to have KotOR Tool launch K-GFF instead of GFFEditor for editing of non-KT GFF files directly (eg: .are, .ifo, .git) you can do the following with v1.1.6.

Extract KGFF.exe to your KotOR Tool folder.

Rename KGFF.exe to GFFEditor.exe.

• 1 month later...

For people editing gif files a good feature would be templates. Like lets say you wanted to add a new creature you could go Insert Struct template - Creature. This way there isnt a problem with not knowing all the parameters a struct should have, especially for ones with many parameters.

Hmm, I like this idea. What makes it especially easy to do is the fact that K-GFF's Copy function actually stores the entire structure as XML. This could easily be pasted into a text document. All I would have to do is create something like Import Template to the File menu to make it easier to retrieve the template.

Currently, KGFF doesn't allow you to Copy the Main node, or Paste a struct to the Main node. Thanks for the suggestion brwarner. :D

• 3 weeks later...

tk, I don't know why - I really can't explain it - but if I have the load file window open for long enough, the application seems to time out. It just closes; which can be annoying. It is not a big problem because I save my work after every change, I just thought I would point it out.

Oh, and I'm using the latest version of your program.

• 8 months later...

K-GFF v1.1.7 released

Added support for copying and pasting the Main Struct of a GFF file. This can be helpful if you want to do your GFF editing in a text editor.

To do this:

Select the main struct of the GFF (the node labeled "[sTRUCT ID: -1]" ) and choose Edit: Copy Node or right-click and choose Copy STRUCT or simply press Ctrl+C.

Next you can paste into a WordPad or other text editor and perform your edits using the text editor's functions. Be careful not to corrupt the XML tags. When you're done copy the entire text into your clipboard (Ctrl+A followed by Ctrl+C usually does the trick). Open up K-GFF and choose File: New. Select the root node labeled "New GFF File" and right-click, choose Paste MAIN STRUCT or choose Edit: Paste Node, or simply press Ctrl+V.

• 1 month later...

TK, the guys at swknights.com has to change the download link to your utility: now it points to a file called "http://www.starwarsknights.com/mtools/kgff_115.zip", and it does not exist anymore. If your try to force the same path to "kgff_117.zip", you can actually download the latest version of the editor.

TK, the guys at swknights.com has to change the download link to your utility: now it points to a file called "http://www.starwarsknights.com/mtools/kgff_115.zip", and it does not exist anymore.

This should be fixed and working properly now. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

• 1 month later...

^^ I haven't been able to replicate this issue on my machine which makes it hard to troubleshoot. It's a peculiarity due to populating the treeview before the window is displayed. It's not a showstopper though, since you can press F5 to refresh the tree.

I'm looking into workarounds right now, but it's difficult to know when I've found one since I'm not having the problem to begin with. :p

v1.1.8 released

- Added better support for up/down and left/right keystrokes. Up/down will now keep the selection cursor and the selection anchor together and will not navigate into folded branches. Left/right will not move the selection cursor but will fold/expand the current branch. Thanks go to glovemaster for the suggestion. :)

Archived