Home

USM Released!!!

No I designed Kriea’s specifically for her, it was the first of my k2 hilt models I built. It was shortly after my first play through, sort of a short version of a twisted wizards staff.

And for some reason when I saw your custom Kreia hilt, it really hit me that the hilt was perfect for her. Good job, Svösh.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks T7nowwhere for your reply, at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's and they are upgraded and I've tried creating their sabers on and of the Hawk with no joy mira has no opion line for her creation of a saber and Bao only has option for creating the other custom USM lightsabers, so I was wondering if I've downloaded it incorrect or maybe I've missed someting.

Thanks again T7nowwhere and keep up the good work

at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's

Now bear in mind I just helped to test the mod, but from what I remember, if you alter the original Jedi class of the NPC's you will be unable to build their sabers. I had to do some dialogue editing on my end to get it to work.

So this "Master class mod" might be the culprit stopping the NPC sabers from being built if it alters or changes the NPC Jedi classes... :(

at the moment I have the Master class mod for my npc's and they are upgraded and I've tried creating their sabers on and of the Hawk with no joy mira has no opion line for her creation of a saber and Bao only has option for creating the other custom USM lightsabers, so I was wondering if I've downloaded it incorrect or maybe I've missed someting.

Mira's option line to have her build her saber is not in the opening options of dialogue like it is with the other party members. Though I haven't had the chance to test Mical (Disciple) yet. I found the lightsaber building line after the wanting to talk line. I thought I would point that out just in case you go back and convert Mira into a Jedi and don't change her class to try to make it work.

One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?

One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?

Is it repeatable, If you load a save prior to entering the cave will he always have a default hilt?

Also check your Override to make sure you have k_fab_enter.ncs and dan_replcwep.ncs in it.

Hey I would also just like to give you all my thanks for making this mod. It made each of the characters in the game have a much more distinct personallity.....it just added so much flavour to what used to be a pretty bland and generic area of character creation

I am a particularly big fan of Atris's Prism Saber as I think that fits her perfectly

anyways I was just wondering...

have you guys ever considered making a USM for the original kotor? because now when I go back and play through that game I get that overwhelming generic feel again....

it would be really nice if you could add some personalitty to to the characters in that game too if you made a USM for kotor

lol imagine what you could do with all those jedi at the enclave.......

anyways thanks for making this great mod I really appreciate it

Is it repeatable, If you load a save prior to entering the cave will he always have a default hilt?

I'm well past the point to recheck it as of now.

Also check your Override to make sure you have k_fab_enter.ncs and dan_replcwep.ncs in it.

Yeah, those files are in there.

Here is a question. Are some of the scripts to put the lightsaber in the Jedi Masters based on certain conversations? Because for the first time I didn't have to challenge Vrook to a duel in the cave. I didn't have the conversation that "he can sense the taint of the Dark Side of the Force" in my character. This time he came out and turned on his lightsaber and attacked.

Another thing I have noticed, which is minor is the droid you can repair that right by the Ebon Hawk in Khoonda. The one who can play a past message with a conversation between Vrook and Vandar. In the hologram Vrook always has the default hilt. But then again being it was a message that is years earlier, and you can just play it off that Vrook simply contructed a new lightsaber since then.

Here is a question. Are some of the scripts to put the lightsaber in the Jedi Masters based on certain conversations?

No, none f the saber replacments are based on conversation choices I did everything I could to make it automatic. Most of them are attached to the modules onload scripts, so if the npc is in the module then the script to replace the saber will fire.

Another thing I have noticed, which is minor is the droid you can repair that right by the Ebon Hawk in Khoonda. The one who can play a past message with a conversation between Vrook and Vandar. In the hologram Vrook always has the default hilt. But then again being it was a message that is years earlier, and you can just play it off that Vrook simply contructed a new lightsaber since then.

I didn't actually find that until after USM was complete. I think the saber could be replaced though, I'll just have modify the spawn script for that scene.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's my issue.

I'm using USM, and Bao-Dur is ONLY giving me the lightsaber construction/nevermind dialog option, preventing me from having any other conversation with him. I've reinstalled USM, and I just installed the Dialogue Update off the first page of this thread. Neither seems to have helped. *scritches head*

All the Jedi Councilors I've met ahve had their special sabers, and I've been able to get Visas, Atton, and Mira to build their own sabers, so everything is fine there. I was also having the Loot Drop problem, but I think the Random Loot update should fix that after i play some more.

• 3 weeks later...
OK, here's my issue.

I'm using USM, and Bao-Dur is ONLY giving me the lightsaber construction/nevermind dialog option, preventing me from having any other conversation with him. I've reinstalled USM, and I just installed the Dialogue Update off the first page of this thread. Neither seems to have helped. *scritches head*

I have a similar problem. I'm using USM with the dialog update (and no other mod) and get the following error message when I try to talk to Bao-dur after I could choose the "learn the ways of the force" dialog option: Error: Conversation node ends with a END NODE or a CONTINUE NODE

Could it be because I have the German language version of KOTOR2? Other English language mods like some jedi robes mod I used in a previous game did work with next to no problem. The only problem being that I can't read the description of the items, it's just blank. Anything I can do about that (other than buying English language KOTOR2 I mean ;) )?

PS: Sorry for bombarding you guys with all that stuff, but I'd really like to use your mod. From what I could see up to now, Kreia's lightsabre has nice properties and the hilt does look good.

Starfighter08, you might want to check out the Tools Page and download the DLG/UTI/UTC Language Converter 0.5, I believe this program can help you with that. ;)

I hope this helps! :D

The dialog now works, but I still can't read the descriptions of the crystals I have already collected and of Kreia's lightsabre. Do I have to start a new game or should altering the .uti do the trick?

Anyone have a complete items list of the USM and what the bonuses are for each item?

Have you read the readme for the USM? I believe there is a list in there of the different sabers. Most of these weren't issued much if anything for special bonuses however the readme would also give further clues as such.

The dialog now works, but I still can't read the descriptions of the crystals I have already collected and of Kreia's lightsabre. Do I have to start a new game or should altering the .uti do the trick?

Once you placed all the converted mod files into your games override, they won't instantly change in your savegame. See once you pick up an item or load a level it saves all the information to your savegame, so when you edit items they will not change unless you spawn a brand new one.

You will have to either break down the old version of the items in your save game, then either use KSE to add new versions of the items into your invantory, or you can always use the 'giveitem' cheat to spawn new updated ones.

Or you can always start a new game, but that is a little extreme. ;)

Once you placed all the converted mod files into your games override, they won't instantly change in your savegame. See once you pick up an item or load a level it saves all the information to your savegame, so when you edit items they will not change unless you spawn a brand new one.

You will have to either break down the old version of the items in your save game, then either use KSE to add new versions of the items into your invantory, or you can always use the 'giveitem' cheat to spawn new updated ones.

Or you can always start a new game, but that is a little extreme. ;)

Yes, it does help. :) Guess I'll just re-do Telos. That wont throw me back that much and that's also where most of the items I collected came from.

I've been using this great mod for a while now, :thmbup1:. My thanks to all who made it and made it possible. However, I've found a couple minor bugs in the upgraded BaoDur.dlg :smash: (don't know if they're in the original or not, haven't checked).

One, which I see has been mentioned before, is that when you say "nevermind" to building a saber with a special crystal, you still lose money and a standard saber (as they are taken away before that branch).

Another is that you can't actually build a blue negotiator due to the script name having a space at the end.

I have fixed these in my copy and would be glad to provide the file if you would like it, T7, or upload it PCGameMods (and wherever else within reason) if you give permission ;).

Archived