Home

USM Released!!!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi to all on the fourm, and can I extend my hand to the creators of this great mod, I downloaded awhile ago and have loved it ever since, but recently I have run into a few snags with the custom sabers for my party. I applogize if this one has been explained already but I didn't spot it so here goes so far I can not seem to get Bao-Dur or Mira to create their custom sabers and wondered if either the masters behind the mod or the great people of the fourm with more expireance with modding and this mod could help me out as I'd love to see their custom saber and add them to the group collection I've goes as far as going to Korriban without unlocking their sabers did I miss something ?

Thank you for the Great Mod and hope to hear from you soon Arcker

I can not seem to get Bao-Dur or Mira to create their custom sabers

To have Mira and Bao-Dur build their sabers you have to be on the Ebon Hawk and Mira needs to be A Jedi Sentinal and Bao a Jedi Guardian.

Have you been able to build Handmaiden's, Visas', and Atton's sabers.

There is a bug I discovered last night. The meeting of the Jedi Masters on Dantooine have a slight bug. Or a tiny script problem. I figured out what causes it.

In my first game with the USM, I am doing it Light Side and I did the meeting of the Jedi Masters and just got past the Handmaiden's duel and your duel with Atris when I realized I didn't complete the quest for Greeta where you open new trade routes. I also should include it that I did also buy the new HK-47 part and installed it and made him temporary "nice". And I had Mandalore tell the Mandalorians on Nar Shaddaa to go to Dxun.

Well, I went back and did all that and when I went to the meeting of the Jedi Masters, the Masters did not have their new lightsabers. I knew that something going back and finishing those plot quests before the meeting of the Masters made the script not work.

Though I did figure out that if Kreia is not in your party when you enter the Jedi Enclave, the Masters will have their custom lightsabers. If Kreia is in it, they will use the default ones.

I know what mention is true because I did go back to my save point before the meeting and tried it again without going back to Nar Shaddaa and completing those quests and it did not matter if I had Kreia in my party or not because the Jedi Masters had their costume lightsabers. Then tried it again with those completed quests and it did not work with Kreia in my party.

^^^ Thats odd, I tested with Kreia in and out of the party and it always spawned the lightsabers. Well its a minor problem, the solution being just don't take Kreia with you. ;) Can anyone else confirm this happening.

Edit: Oh it couldn't be a result you completing those other quests. the saber spawn script is fired by passing over a trigger that spawns Kreia's entrance, but like I said I tested it both ways and the saber script will still fire when the PC passes through the trigger, it just won't spawn Kreia again.

^^^ Ok so let me get this clear your char is LS and you didn't kill any of the Masters, when you return to Dantooine to meet them none of them have lightsabers at all.

If thats true then it means the script is fireing to the point of destroying the npc's sabers but its not equiping the new ones. Do you have any other mods that affect the final encounter or any of the single Master encounters?

Nope. Let me specify just to make sure though T7.

I run through the game Light Side with the only killing (below) being masters to get their sabers :D

I will kill Zez Kai El on Nar Shaddaa by the "then you know I've come to end you." After I kill him I believe he has both his saber and a color variation chrystal of it or two on him for loot.

When I go to Dantoonie I save Dantoonie, but I tell the gal in the cave he needs to be killed. Vrook comes out of the cage after I kill everyone and I wound him bad and he runs off. I save Dantoonie and he's absent. After it's all overwith he comes back for the final fight in the Matalie Estates' front lobby. I kill him and take his lightsaber and a masters robe from him.

The rest of the masters I won't see of course till I go to Dantoonie for the last "jedi purge" I'm going to do. Regardless of whether I have a change of heart and allow them to start to bind me and Kreia steps in, or if I fight them all at once when they fall NO SABERS.

If I run through the game totally light side and Kreia zaps em' all at the end on Dantoonie to save me all they say is. "This body is lifeless worse than death" sorta thing every time I click on their bodies but it never gives me their sabers.

I thought maybe it's because I'm light side it somehow messes up since most times your dark side if your killing the jedi masters? Not sure if that would have an effect or not.

:ben:

General Kenobi

Maybe its just, but I'm confused(in my defense though I have only had about 8 hours sleep in the last 3 days).

Ok so your playing lightside and your killing Jedi masters for there sabers and then at the final encounter there all there!?... wth?

Ok well first thing is that I wrote the script to check and see if the PC has any of the master sabers if the PC does, then the saber won't spawn. However if you don't have any of the sabers in your inventory then it should spawn(heh funny thing about that is if you equiped any of the master sabers on the partynpc's then they would spawn, I think, but that shouldn't even be a possible scenario)

If you have killed any of the Jedi masters then the remaining should attack you right away and once there dead you can loot the corpse for the saber that was spawned on them , If it spawned. do they spawn?

Hmm, If you have saves before these points it would be helpfull to me, shoot me a PM if you do.

When I play lightside and kill the Jedi Masters only the ones I couldn't kill were there. Like I killed Zez right out cause I had the option. Vrook I killed after I saved Dantoonie, Picked up Vosh's Saber off her corpse on Korriban.

When I go back to Dantoonie then for the final confrontation Kavar is all that's left. After he attacks me and I kill him and Kreia zaps me for not understanding her teachings. I get up go over to Kavar (and Vrook If I flubbed up killing him) and they have nothing on their corpses.

If I spare all three masters they do the same. Bodies with no loot after Kreia fries them.

I don't have a save I don't think but I'll look. If I don't I can try to get you one ready right before the final showdown happens on Dantoonie.

General Kenobi

T7 let me ask you this. Are you saying that the game does a "check" to see if you have the master's sabers already in inventory and if you do it doesn't drop when they die? If so this would explain my problem.

EDIT: I might have already answered it myself. I just confronted Kavar at Dantoonie and fought him when he fell and after I got up from Kreia zapping me he has no loot at all. No saber no nothing. I had zero Jedi Master sabers in my inventory save for Mace Windu's lightsaber which isn't one of theirs.

T7 here's the save game per your request Zez has been defeated, Vrook has been defeated, your on nar shaddaa just finishing up and Kreia has already did the conv. for going to dantoonie. You should just load the Hawke and go to Dantoonie. I just ran though and kavar dropped nothing.

SAVE GAME: http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/4T7NowhereSaveGame.rar

T7 edit:Thanks :)

General Kenobi

^^^ Ok man, I need some saves. If you have multiple variations of the encounters it will help.

You can't understand how much this news annoys me, I tested that scene so many times. It should work. I'm thinking either a globalnumber wasn't set somewhere, your missing some files or its a mod conflict.

I LOVE the USM!!! You people kick a$$! I couldn't be happier to see a collaboration of modders make such an amazing project. Kudos and congratulations to you all. You should be proud for your individual contributions and your teamwork. Great work that meshes so nicely with the original story, and even cleans it up/ enriches it. File size didn't phase me a bit, I knew it would be worth it, and you didn't disappoint.

some particulars:

Kreia's hilt- Is it me or was that inspired originally for Jolee? Its good stuff.

Mira's sabre- That thing is gorgeous!

um...easter egg...- Nice inclusion, especially for those who were fond of pt 1.

BA-122 "Break-away" - Fabulous idea (if a bit of a cheap trick lol), and a beautiful sabre/set. great inclusion, I would have been willing to have that side quest extended to require more items. (like another set of sabre quest parts or something.) I got all giddy when I first found the datapad. I even loved the bench/lab console on dant., I would've dl'ed that by itself.

Enhanced Random Loot- Bless you. Being a bit of a crystal hound, I would have liked to see more upgrade crystals also, but I imagine that becomes overkill pretty quickly. I guess I just like the shiny rocks. I enjoyed having a fat stack of padawan crystals, etc.- (presumably to restart the order with, or whatever.)

Visas' Force Sight dlg fix- I was glad to see that, even though I never found when/where that power was of any value. But it bugged me.

Xia Terashi's short sbr- Well done, beautiful sabre.

Segan Wyndh sbrs- I'm sure they're very popular... best 'standard' sabre in the game. (I would like one in white/black, though... or even pink to match one of the Xia sbrs.)

All the name-charachter's sabres- Thank you for making them less "cookie-cutter" charachters. It always bugged me that these sorts of people walk around with run-of-the-mill sabres, and you gave their sabres charachter that was true to the owners. Nicely done.

Movie-style sbrs- Your attention to detail, and dedication to the originals is undeniable.

Updates- your passionate dedication to the project is admirable, and much appreciated.

And a special bit of appreciation for the toolmakers... we all owe you many thanks.

-edit- I had but one small complaint, and I'm almost embarrassed to mention it... but I still didn't get my sabre back from Atris! lol ... unless Atris' Prism was supposed to be the exile's original, or I did get a normal sabre and didn't notice. ...and I probably would have let her keep it (LS), but I was hoping. -

Thank you all, and congratulations again on a wonderful project.

Thanks CrudeMatter, I love reading positive comments like yours.

@ GK, I hate to say this to ya, but it must be a mod conflict on your end. After I changed the appearance of your PC to something I have ;) and switched the saber to my Mace Windu hilt, I went to confront Kavar. His lightsabers spawned and I was able to loot them from his corpse.

(btw uber implant, lol.)

So the next step is for you to send me a list of your installed mods, if you want this to be fixed that is. oh but before you do that you might want to try reinstalling USM and the updates, you shouldn't need to copy over the 2da's though. Those should be fine. You might want to try copying over only the .ncs files and see if any new ones are added to your override folder. ( no rush though take your time and don't forget to back up your override folder first.)

Thank you CrudeMatter it’s always nice to hear people really enjoy our work, and after the time we spent making it. It’s nice that you would take the time to list off the things you like about it.

No I designed Kriea’s specifically for her, it was the first of my k2 hilt models I built. It was shortly after my first play through, sort of a short version of a twisted wizards staff.

I have been thinking of making one for jolee for k1 out of bone ;) Just leave it to me to think outside the norm for saber hilt materials.

svösh

Thank you CrudeMatter it’s always nice to hear people really enjoy our work, and after the time we spent making it. It’s nice that you would take the time to list off the things you like about it.

No I designed Kriea’s specifically for her, it was the first of my k2 hilt models I built. It was shortly after my first play through, sort of a short version of a twisted wizards staff.

I have been thinking of making one for jolee for k1 out of bone ;) Just leave it to me to think outside the norm for saber hilt materials.

svösh

Don't mention it, that's what feedback is for ..right? = )

<snap> I thought I was being all smart 'n stuff. I thought you may have had it sitting before TSL and decided to include it in USM. To me it would have fit jolee well. ...But I totally get the wizstaff idea... nicely done. I loved the organic styling on the hilt(of course a green blade fit it perfectly). Keep thinking outside the box... u go! it was a work of art on its own.

I agree with ya up there CrudeMatter BUT my favorite part about Kreia's lightsaber isn't the hilt at all. :D I love it but my favorite part is the Crystal that gives it to you ;) I love how the crystal is supposed to be made in the hot sun of Tatoonie was genius :D

OK T7 I went through my override and here's what I've got installed:

General Kenobi MOD Listing:

MAJOR MODS:

Holowan Plugin

High Level Force Powers V2

Ultimate Saber MOD

MODS:

Aakarra Joth Lightsaber (custom lightsaber mine)

Aakarra Joth Royal Robes

Atton's Custom Robe (mine)

Bao-Dur 2 Black Jedi Master From K1 (mine)

Kaiburr Crystal Edit (mine properties only)

Dark Jedi Master Robes Edit (mine texture only)

Defender of the Light Robes (mine)

Visas Stolen Hope of Katarr (purple USM custom edit on properties made as new uti saber edit; mine)

Hattori Hanzo Sword Bride's Blade (mine melee weapon)

Hattori Hanzo Sword Bill's Blade (mine melee weapon)

Hattori Hanzo Sword Buck's Blade (mine melee weapon)

HK-47 Bullet Holes/Battle Worn (mine texture edit)

Jedi Robes of Revelation (mine Bastila's robes)

KillRifle (mine)

Knockdown (custom blaster mine)

LightBringer (mine custom lightsaber)

Robes of Light (mine)

Mandalore's Prize (custom rifle)

Avenger Saber (Maverick187 lightsaber)

Melignous Blade (mine sword)

GilliaBoom!!! (custom high impact Thermal Detonator mine)

HeAdShOp MOD 1.0 (mine the armband mod;first one)

Darth Melignous Lightsaber (mine custom lightsaber)

Mira's Robes (mine)

Nemisis Saber (custom lightsaber)

Nomi SunRider's Lightsaber (mine made by Mav187 for me)

Nomi SunRider's Robe (mine)

Raven Mask (mine custom mask)

Sith Mask (mine custom mask)

Sith Robes (custom robes mine)

Sith Sythe (custom pink lightsaber mine)

T3 Feats (custom implant droid mine)

Thief Belt (mine)

Unlocked Doors (Darth333)

HaK_Pad (ChAiNz)

Defender's Wrist Console (mrdefender)

RedHawke's Correction Band (RedHawke)

Where Am I Armband (Darth333)

Stoffe's Combat Arena (Stoffe~mkb~)

Bao-Dur Charged Armor (ChAiNz)

Bao-Dur Field Goggles (T7)

That should be all of them :D T7 I checked all of the uti references for every saber other than USM sabers and all were below USM's starting out point for numbering so that parts good.

General Kenobi

Thanks GK it was fun thinking that crystal description up actually and then modeling that melting eye with a crystal forming on the inside. Not being someone that knows the EU very well at all, I took places and events from the few sw games I have played and my way overactive imagination.

I see you have a custom Visas hilt there in your list I’m glad you like it, I really like the clean simple lines on it. To let you in on a little USM inside joke the raised braille on her hilt spells her name vertically :p *hinted to in the description*

I downloaded a braille font from the institute of the blind for the project.

@CrudeMatter no Atris’ prism is hers and you do get it either dark or light, but I have never gotten the Exile’s saber back from her, then again I play LS.

Unfortunately so late in the game there are only two opportunities to upgrade it, on the Ravenger and in the academy on Malicore, I made use of basic colour mixing with the crystal and hilt crystal, to make it a bit of fun too ;)

svösh

I agree with ya up there CrudeMatter BUT my favorite part about Kreia's lightsaber isn't the hilt at all. I love it but my favorite part is the Crystal that gives it to you I love how the crystal is supposed to be made in the hot sun of Tatoonie was genius

Touche'. Creative item story is a big part of rpg. I wouldn't have upL'ed anything if I didn't think I had something to share in that vein. I guess I was mostly commenting on the skills that seem most foreign to me. I am pretty light on computer skills, but I'm an old-school RP'er, so I guess creative storyline doesn't surprise me much. I take that kind of thing in stride(perhaps a little too much, apparently), but you're right, that was a special tidbit... if a tad gross.lol

Thanks GK it was fun thinking that crystal description up actually and then modeling that melting eye with a crystal forming on the inside. Not being someone that knows the EU very well at all, I took places and events from the few sw games I have played and my way overactive imagination.

I see you have a custom Visas hilt there in your list I’m glad you like it, I really like the clean simple lines on it. To let you in on a little USM inside joke the raised braille on her hilt spells her name vertically :p *hinted to in the description*

I downloaded a braille font from the institute of the blind for the project.

@CrudeMatter no Atris’ prism is hers and you do get it either dark or light, but I have never gotten the Exile’s saber back from her, then again I play LS.

Unfortunately so late in the game there are only two opportunities to upgrade it, on the Ravenger and in the academy on Malicore, I made use of basic colour mixing with the crystal and hilt crystal, to make it a bit of fun too ;)

svösh

ah... ok I can understand the rationale. I guess it just irritated me how the exile's saber is dangled in front of you early on but you never get it back. It felt like a tease. Besides, I usually use the Portable const bench, because I like the industrious elements in the game, so it would matter little to me... I could upgrade it anywhere/anytime. Not to mention that I would probably let Atris keep it if that were an option... I'm a dedicated light-sider too, and that kind of option seems like it would fit storyline well.

I thought that looked like braille on visas' hilt! That was slick, sneaky modder. Kudos on that one too. I'm gonna have to look at that more closely.

I really enjoy your creativity, keep up the great work... I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Archived