Home

USM Released!!!

I agree with my fellow DM there. I've played through part of the game and only gotten 2 kinds before and played through again and gotten 5-7 different ones. Like DarthMoeller said make sure to check all loot stuff. Some are actually scripted into certain containers and such so they are there every time. ;)

I even know of one party member if talked to right will "give" you on of the former Sith Lord lightsabers :D

DM

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you've just be unlucky. here are the random loot rules:

Overall Chances to spawn crystals per area:

- 100% chances to spawn a USM crystal when you kill a Jedi Master (except Vash).

- 10% chances to spawn USM crystals or DS robes on Korriban, Dxun Temple and surrounding area and Trayus academy

- 8% chances to spawn USM crystals in the sublevel of the Dantoine Jedi Enclave and the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave (given that there are so few containers)

- 10% chances to spawn USM crystals in the Dantoine crystal caves

- 2% chances to spawn crystals for JekkJekk Tarr and the Tunnels on Nar Shadaa

- 6% chances to spawn crystals in all other areas (min lvl8)e USM loot uses its own set of rules:

1. There are 4 levels of crystals:

Stage 1 crystals: these crystals have no special properties - this is the main USM crystal loot for players levels 8-12

Stage 2 crystals: these crystals have modest special properties - this is the main USM crystal loot for players level 13-17

Stage 3 crystals: these crystals have are quite powerful - this is the main USM crystal loot for players level 18-5

Stage 4 crystals: rare crystals - low chances to spawn at any level - DS or LS planets

The chances to spawn crystals from a certain level increase or decrease according to your level. Dark side areas have their own rules but in general the rules are as follow:

a. player levels 8-12: (note that the overall default chance to spawn a crystal is 6% so when you see 55% it's 55% of 6 % ;) )

55% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals

25% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals

15% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

5% chance of spawning Stage 4 crystals

b. player levels 13-18:

25% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals

55% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals

15% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

c. player levels 19 +:

15% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals

25% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals

55% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

For areas with stong Dark Side presence (a few crystals differ):

a. player levels 8-12:

38% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals

17% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals

10% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

30% ds robes

b. player levels 13-18:

17% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals

38% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals

10% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

30% ds robes

c. player levels 19 +:

10% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals

17% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals

38% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

30% ds robes

I have to say that I have been "unlucky" too. I have played the game through to the end with the USM installed and I am not quite half-way through my 2nd game with it. The only saber crystals that I encountered was Segan's (at one time I had nearly 10 crystals) Rocarian (probably a half a dozen or so), and a handful of Padawan crystals. The only exceptions were the

Blood of Malevolence that was wielded by one of the Sith assassins in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd and the Alora-sor-Dana saber from the end of the Onderon storyline.

and, of course the

personal sabers of the Sith Lords and Jedi Masters you get when you scavenge their bodies.

I have never encountered the Negotiator, Type A Lightsaber [aka ani�s ep2], Type B Lightsaber [aka Yoda�s ep2], Type C Lightsaber [aka Dooku�s ep2], Darth Bandon's saber, Darth Malak's Lightsaber, Stylized Exar Kun Lightsaber, Jedi Master's Lightsaber[aka. Mace Windu's Lightsaber AotC], Jedi Knight's Lightsaber[ aka. Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber ANH], Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber[aka. Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber Ep.1], Xia Terashai's Short Saber, Type-S Short Lightsaber, Type-G Short Lightsaber, Type-J Lightsaber, or the Type-E Lightsaber.

MdK

^^^

That does seem a bit odd that you never encountered any of those crystals. I have played it up till I was level 25 (with Achilles Balance Mod) and got Dooku's hilt, tons of padawan, tons of segan, one of the shortsabers, and I think it was type j lightsaber.

Could be a little more diverse for me, but remember, the chances of getting USM crystals at all are quite low.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just spoke to Bao-Dur on the Ebon Hawk re: building a lightsaber with the extra crystals that I had. When prompted, I selected the nevermind option, but was still docked the 900 credits. Just an FYI.

Originally posted by General Kenobi

Hemm.....In my game just now Kavar stood alone at the Jedi Temple on Dant. and when he fell no saber. I noticed this last time I played with both him and Vrook :confused:

Were they using their USM hilts?

Originally posted by Achilles

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just spoke to Bao-Dur on the Ebon Hawk re: building a lightsaber with the extra crystals that I had. When prompted, I selected the nevermind option, but was still docked the 900 credits. Just an FYI.

Ya, this is a known bug that I forgot about, sorry. I'll fix it in the next update. Untill then make sure you want to build a saber.

@T7

Were they using their USM hilts?

Yep Kavar had both sabers when I fought him but the option to "loot" him never appeared. It did that last time I got to final dant. with 2 Jedi Masters, neither one dropped the sabers for looting. Both had them though :confused:

Thanks

General Kenobi

EDIT: It is fine however if I just kill them when I find them right off hand. When I kill Kavar he drops his sabers on Onderon only at the end of Dantoonie does the option to loot them not appear.

Originally posted by Malficious

Bao-dur, Disciple, nor mira will construct their personal lightsabers

I have not gotten far enough in the game with the USM installed to get to Mira or in my case Handmaiden to make their own lightsabers, but I have heard others complain of this as well. And I have had trouble getting Visas to make hers. Maybe this is something the USM team wants to look into.

First, many thanks for this wonderful mod. I've played around with it, and it really does wonders for fleshing out the game.

Now, a (hopefully not too noob) question. I'm one of those who can only play on the Xbox (PC just isn't up to snuff..at least not yet), and I know the textures for the blades appear odd becasue the xbox cannot handle the new textures. The new hilts appear to be fine, as far as I can see. The blades themselves appear like this: ][

My question is simply, is there a process that I can follow to modify the new sabers so that they will use the original xbox textures for the blades? I've played around modifying a few .uti files once and awhile, so I've got a (very) basic idea of how to use some of the tools. What kind of effort am I looking at here? Is this something that can be done with only a few mods per saber model, or something involving a great deal more work?

Thanks in advance,

Adept Havelock

Cheating for the 3 saber parts won’t work , the game gets confused thinking the quest was never completed, just play the game normally acquire all 3 parts and a few usm crystals then with bao build your first usm.

After this your other npc’s can build their hilts, once the other factors are reached, properly completing the saber making quest and having them trained as force users..

Once vias has recovered and you talk with her , take her off the ship to build her hilt , at least I did and it works fine.

The dlg option is “there is something we need to talk about” , or the bottom reply *

For Atton and Boa I think you have to take them off the ship to build their hilts

Again The dlg option is "there is something we need to talk about" , or the bottom reply .

As for bandon ‘s .. it’s hiding and I would appreciate those that have found it. To not spoil the surprise for the others. It’s my personal Easter egg in the mod. ;)

svösh

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

I have not gotten far enough in the game with the USM installed to get to Mira or in my case Handmaiden to make their own lightsabers, but I have heard others complain of this as well. And I have had trouble getting Visas to make hers. Maybe this is something the USM team wants to look into.

Well here's the thing, there isn't really anything to look into. The only way it would not work is if you don't have globalcat.2da installed or the npc is modded jedi class.

The requirments for the dialog option to show is the npc jedi class and the lightsaber quest completion. For atton you have to talk to him about it off the ebon hawk because of where he is placed it really messed up the script. its not very complex so, I don't understand how it could be not working unless the problem is what I stated in the first paragraph.

I added a global to a dlg node when there multiclassed so that will open the dialog option and if for some reason that doesn't work I disguised my cheat nodes that will appear if npc is thir jedi class and if the global was not set.

A problem I have come accross is when I ask visas to create her lightsaber as long as I specify the colour she will build it, If i let her choose the colour she doesn't and the option disapears. Is this something anyone else has come accross.

Originally posted by JacenPrime

What is the UTI for Visas' saber, as mine did not fire, and I don't have one for her.

usm_lghtsbr_145 (Blue)

usm_lghtsbr_146 (Red)

usm_lghtsbr_147 (Green)

usm_lghtsbr_148 (Yellow)

usm_lghtsbr_149 (Violet)

You can also browse T7's modding notes (included in the mod) for some of the other .uti numbers :)

I don't think the uti is the problem all the usm lightsabers are buildable for me and I don't have a problem once installing the mini updates making any of them. Either with the Hawke's help or by asking any party member to make them for themselves letting them choose or me choose for them.

If it were me I'd simply override the old and reinstall usm. I've did it for conflict issues and it fixes everything for me ;)

Archived