Home

USM Released!!!

I'm not familiar with the TSLRCM and it's installation methods, so forgive my ignorance... but have you tried installing the USM first, then the TSLRCM and it's USM compatibility patches?

Or is that a no-no with the TSLRCM mod?

Well, quoting the Readme for the patcher:

IMPORTANT NOTE! THE INSTALL WILL FAIL IF THIS IS NOT DONE FIRST!

You first need to download the Ultimate Saber mod from here http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530 then copy and paste all the files from within the USM_mod’s Override and Streamvoice folders (just the files not the folders) into this patcher’s tslpatchdata folder (IMPORTANT NOTE! DO NOT LET IT OVERWRITE ANY FILES ALREADY WITHIN THE tslpatchdata FOLDER) THEN JUST RUN THE .EXE FILE. Only install this patch “AFTER” installing TSLRCM.

I did that, and it still doesn't work :¬:

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hum, if I may...

TSL RCM is a mod that restores loads of cut content. Made by Stoney and Zbyl2 with the help of many people, its purpose it to make the game feel like what bioware would have done if they hadn't been rushed.

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/f123/

Now, Stoney wanted one of the best mod ever (USM) to be compatible with his. So he did a patch that would allow to install both. Here's how it works:

1) install TSL RCM mod

2) take all the files in the USM override folder and drop 'em in the tslpatchdatafolder of his patcher but don't let-it replace any files

3) add the sound files (not the folders) in the same tslpatchdata...

4) run his patcher

However, what I don't like about his patcher is that it doesn't specify how to get the patches you aforementionned. Would you have an idea?

PS: lol, someone wrote before me :D

However, what I don't like about his patcher is that it doesn't specify how to get the patches you aforementionned. Would you have an idea?

Unfortunately no :( Since I'm not familiar with said patch.

Sounds like it might be a question for Stoney to be honest. However, what I would try ( *I* being the keyword as I have no qualms about screwing up my own system. Buyer Beware. :xp: )

* - Do this in a desktop folder, not override or tslpatchdata (just yet)

- DL the USM mod and the patch(es) #1 (optional) & #4

- Drop the patch files in the appropriate USM folders (overwrite)

- NOW, drop those (patched) files into the TSL RCM compatibility tslpatchdata folder making sure not to overwrite.

* - Now, proceed as normal to install

- Drop the USM sound files in to the TSL RCM tslpatchdata folder

- RUN the patcher normally.

Now, of course, if everyone has already tried/done this.. I'm not sure what else to do. Nor am I sure this would work. It depends on what files Stoney configured the patcher for. It might not be written for patched files :giveup:

Sounds like it might be a question for Stoney to be honest. However, what I would try ( *I* being the keyword as I have no qualms about screwing up my own system. Buyer Beware. :xp: )

- NOW, drop those (patched) files into the TSL RCM compatibility tslpatchdata folder making sure not to overwrite.

Now, of course, if everyone has already tried/done this.. I'm not sure what else to do. Nor am I sure this would work. It depends on what files Stoney configured the patcher for. It might not be written for patched files :giveup:

I didn't even realize USM had some updates:argh:but I checked them and the only update to not use is #1 (the updated BaoDurr and Visas.dlg's),all the other ones you can just drop in your override folder(allowing them to overrite any files) after installing TSLRCM and the compatibility patch/installer for USM.

I'll have to go back merge the Newest USM dlg for Bao and Visas with TSLRCM's.

Well, I'll re-download the USM, just in case, do your procedure and then I'll report here if it did work. I think I'll try to uninstall TSL, install the patches and only the USM, use KSE to get a crystal and a saber, warp to the first workbench, and see if that way the bench thing works, just in case. If it doesn't work, hell, I give up and the problem is mine xD.

I didn't even realize USM had some updates:argh:but I checked them and the only update to not use is #1 (the updated BaoDurr and Visas.dlg's),all the other ones you can just drop in your override folder(allowing them to overrite any files) after installing TSLRCM and the compatibility patch/installer for USM.

I'll have to go back merge the Newest USM dlg for Bao and Visas with TSLRCM's.

Well Stoney, first of all, congrats to you and the team for RCM. You deserve high praise for that. Just a matter though: I believe that some people (besides me) are having an issue in which the single-bladed sabers can't be built through Bao-Dur and Visas can't have her own custom built. I don't know much about modding, but it seems that is an dialog caused issue... just my opinion.

Well, let's see if i can get this to work.

Well Stoney, first of all, congrats to you and the team for RCM. You deserve high praise for that. Just a matter though: I believe that some people (besides me) are having an issue in which the single-bladed sabers can't be built through Bao-Dur and Visas can't have her own custom built. I don't know much about modding, but it seems that is an dialog caused issue... just my opinion.

Well, let's see if i can get this to work.

It's more than likely an issue with the dialogs BaoDurr's was really hard to figure out and there is a good possibilty I missed something or typed in the name of a scipt wrong.

Well, I've uninstalled TSL, and figured out what the problem was. After unninstalling everything, I used regedit to delete all data regarding TSL out of my computer.

After that, reinstalled everything, installed only USM, and i finally was able of producing the sabers on the bench.

Unninstalled, reinstalled, installed the RCM (strangely, the installer didn't work. had to use the TSL patcher version.), installed the USM with Stoney's patcher, and it works.

Problem solved, it seems I'm going back to this game again xD

Thank's a lot for the support guys ;)

The USM version that's on filefront is supposed to include all the patches.

From the description/review:

All the necessary patches are included with this mod release. Also, please read the readmes for instructions on how to use this mod to save time on questions. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this is suppose to be a problem but I'll share this just in case:

Long story short, due to the file descriptions here and at filefront, I'm under the impression that I can choose what hilt I can use during the last stage of the saber crafting quest and when asking Bao-dur to make more sabers later. That wasn't the case apparently when I reached that part of the game since I can only choose standard crystals during crafting which instantly gives me default sabers afterwards.

I can't say that mine is broken though since Kreia has the walking stick, I'm still getting the USM crystals in loots and placing them in existing sabers when using the workbench does give me unique hilts, and the workshop/lab terminal in dantooine runs properly.

So I don't really know what to say, honestly. Am I missing something here or are things really working out properly?

I'm still not sure about the part where I can make my companions craft their own sabers though since I haven't reached that yet.

No that's what happens with me as well, mark2000. I also can't seem to make Visas make her own lightsaber, annoyingly, and Darth Sion and Nihilus don't use their lightsabers (although they do drop them). Does the terminal on Dantooine only serve to make that one lightsaber I found the schematic to in the military base on Telos or are there other uses?

Other than that I have to say... I used to be quite snobby about this mod because of all the compatibility issues it seemed to create, but it really has added to the experience SO much. Kudos indeed.

I also can't seem to make Visas make her own lightsaber

Well what I did for that one was I used the globalcat.2da from the backup folder of the TSLRCM_USM compatibility patch and that fixed my problem with Bao-dur. I then used the visasmarr.dlg from the update #1 in the first post of this thread and that fixed Visas Marr for me.

I haven't checked with my other companions though since I'm not that far into the game yet.

Edit: I seem to have some trouble with talking Mira into making her lightsaber. The dialogue simply cuts off after she says something like "all I need is my rocket launcher.." and no lightsaber is made but when I talk to her again, the game assumes that she already made her first saber and I can only ask her to make a second one.

I'm doing this while inside the Ebon Hawk by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but in my game I have USM and a couple other mods installed. when I try to upgrade USM sabers, the color crystals don't work properly. They're not there. trying to remove it results in a crash.

EDIT: the uti's for the crystals ARE there, but the crystals don't show up in my upgrade menu. is this related to itemcreate.2da (which wasn't included in the download) or baseitems.2da (which I did install another mod that effects it, but it was the Republic Uniforms for K2 by JC, so in theory USM shouldn't be effected)?

is this related to itemcreate.2da (which wasn't included in the download) or baseitems.2da (which I did install another mod that effects it, but it was the Republic Uniforms for K2 by JC, so in theory USM shouldn't be effected)?

Yes.

We chose not to make models for each Lightsaber type so we created new Crystals in baseitems.2da.

I'm not familar with Republic Uniforms mod but I'm thinking it might be easyer to use the USM baseitems then edit it for the other mod. Or choose one mod.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I have encounterred a rather frustrating problem with this mod:

I followed the installation instructions (copy from Over and Stream to TSLpatcher) and it works well, except for when i try to go to malachor to finish the game. What happens is, the RCM scenes play, but when Kreia/Traya is supposed to choke Sion, the screen goes to black, the diolouge plays, cuts after the 'your power is as meaningless as my hand' line, goes to the arrival-at-malachor crash movie, cuts back to Traya and Sion finishing their lines, then leaves me with a black screen, a blank white map that says 'trayus core', and absolutely nothing to do about it.

Before anyone asks if I am sure if it is the USM mod, yes, I am sure. I uninstalled the mod, and the game worked fine.

Please, please, help. I am very excited by the 'everyone-gets-their-own-saber' aspect of this mod, and I would be quite saddened if I could not use it like everyone else (good gravy, I sound ifantile...).

I followed the installation instructions (copy from Over and Stream to TSLpatcher) and it works well, except

USM doesn't use TSL Patcher. Are you using USM in conjunction with the TSLRCM or other mod :confused:

Malachor bug happens when using USM/TSLRCM patch 1.6 + TSLRCM 1.7 * I believe *

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/17-usm-compatibility-patch-for-tslrcm/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived