Home

Star wars credits for real life cash...

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

We've been asked by a few of you if its really worth paying real life cash for credits in game?

Having looked around the web to see what was on offer, I decided to purchase some credits in game to check how viable it all is.

Depending on your server can depend on how freely credits is avaliable. I trialled two companies.

SWG-BANK

has credits for all servers and as a first time customer, you are taken to LIVE chat to discuss your order. Once you become aregular, this is not needed.

We placed our order - 20 million credits at a cost of around £30 /$56 approx and within 5 minutes, we had a tell and told to meet at Mos Eisley Starport. I found the contact and I then offered them something silly in the trade window and happily accepted 20 million credits!

It was swift, as was the second time we tried. SWG BANK guarantee to pay up within a few hours.

GAME ECONOMY

has the same process as SWGBANK but these guys also sell credits for nearly all online games - including war craft.

Theres no live chat and payment is through pay-pal (as with bank) you put in your character name and server. Then within 20 minutes, your email goes mad, as 20 million worth of credits is bank transferred. They must be rich as there is a 5% bank transfer fee!

Again it was fast. and they seem to be a little cheaper than SWG BANK but this would depend on how widely available credits are on your server.

So if you want to take the grind out of having to earn your credits and considering the stupid inflation in game - it might be worth checking these two companies out..who are reliable and trustworthy

DMUK

i always considered it a bit sad and cheap to do. but with the price of somethings, i would gladly buy 20 mil if i played still. I'm a tight pocket when it comes to money so those would last me a long time..i still have like 10 mil i think sittin on my account...not sure..

I wouldn't pay a dime to anyone for ingame cash for the exact same reason why I wouldn't buy counterfeit items (a Rolox watch for instance :p ) in the real world.

I keep myself far away from such business' who profits from other peoples work.

Same goes for those "business'", if you can call them business', who offer to lvl your char, or sell you certain items.

These I concider leeches who leech on other peoples creations.

It's just plain wrong .... even when it's SWG. :p

I'm pretty sure we had rules against these types of posts, DMUK, but since you're the active Admin for SWG now, I'm alittle lost on how I'm supposed to react to this. Normally it would be a thread closure/deletion, and in most cases a ban.

But you're the Admin.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I have had over 100 emails about this, so it made sense to find out about it.

I found these two companies from the advertisements found at the very front of this website. Some people dont like the idea, some do either way, its answered some questions about it all.

I would guess they must get their credits from those closing their accounts and want extra real life cash.

In game, there really isnt anything they can do. They cant prove you ordered the in game credits - because you are carrying out a transaction. So 20 million credits for 1 unit of meat is excessive but thats life.

Also, this shows we do listen to what the community tells us. Apart from jumping off a cliff.. cant do that ;-)

DMUK

Originally posted by McCusto

DMUK, you know that is illegal, right?

not anymore, they found a loop hole around it being illegal, all you need is a disclaimer saying that you are not buying/selling property of SOE but the time you spent using their product to ear in-game stuff. They can of course still ban you from their game, but you then just trade an item and that beats that out.

There's also 3 different ways these companies get credits, 2 of them aren't so great:

1. Chinese Sweat Shops, they have many people in a warehouse set up to watch the accounts while they macro out the credits.

2. Old fashoined way, they actualy ear the credits or get them for free from people leaving the game.

3. duping, not as comon as the macro way.

Loop-hole and loop-hole, basically, they are selling propperty of SOE. If the law is faulty enough not to figure that out, then I must be smarter than I thought. :D

You can't buy time (unless you pay someone to back off long enough for you to do whatever you're supposed to do :p ), without providing with a service or item. Service would be to lvl a char for money, and item would be everything else I guess. Both not allowed by the rules set down by SOE.

If they want to sell their time, then sell their time, and their time only. That of course means that no service and/or item is provided though, so why buy time then?

Originally posted by adey12

wont buying a million credits make the game boring ?

i like starting with o credits and buying crap gear and using that to hunt and gain more credits to get better gear in which i can get more credits.

I agree. It may be OK if you're a very experienced character, but for me being at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't do that because it takes what little fun is in the game out.

Well see with me my character is over 1 year old and i have a finished build. With the CU it has became more difficult to grind out money unless you can find people who want to do the same, so i'm really to lazy to grind out millions just so i can be slightly better looking and such.

Then perhaps the time has come to force those ludacris prices down a couple of million credits then? ;)

Prices for items has just exploded ever since people figured out how easy it is to get millions fast. My prices was never unfair when I was playing. I took maximum 2 credits per resource, no matter how good it was, and my speeders and other items (mostly for weapons boosting) was far cheaper than my competitors. My damage increasers to ranged weaponary cost a buyer only 1/4th of what everyone else was charging (around 500 a crate, while most others charge 2000 for the same kind and damage value), and I still could have gone abit lower than that.

Why just 2 credits per resource? Cause it costs less than 0.90 (tops. If it isn't then you're doing something horribly wrong) credits to extract 1 resource out of the ground. That includes powering the extractors. Usually I found a spot which gave me around 0.65-0.85 C/resource. Anyone who buys for above 3 credits for said resource is getting scammed ... bad. :p

Originally posted by lil_dude

not anymore, they found a loop hole around it being illegal, all you need is a disclaimer saying that you are not buying/selling property of SOE but the time you spent using their product to ear in-game stuff. They can of course still ban you from their game, but you then just trade an item and that beats that out.

There's also 3 different ways these companies get credits, 2 of them aren't so great:

1. Chinese Sweat Shops, they have many people in a warehouse set up to watch the accounts while they macro out the credits.

2. Old fashoined way, they actualy ear the credits or get them for free from people leaving the game.

3. duping, not as comon as the macro way.

I've heard the "selling my time that I used to build the character argument". Not saying it doesn't have credence, but SOE could probably counter it with an "intellectual property" rebuttal.

Originally posted by Darth MarcII

I've heard the "selling my time that I used to build the character argument". Not saying it doesn't have credence, but SOE could probably counter it with an "intellectual property" rebuttal.

LOL, yes, and the funny part is, they even say what service they are providing: ".... building the character". :p

I'm amazed they get away with it. ;)

I say again, if you're going to sell your time, sell your time only. Don't provide any service, cause a service naturally takes time so you're in actuality selling a service then, not the time. :)

Archived