Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I wish it were so, but its not, I have to prove that hes not, and unfortunatly I can't bring him in and hook him up to a lie detector, people like him know how to fool those things. Unfortunatly proving that he does work for someone is alot easier than proving that he's not working for anyone." Trent sighed.

"Adam, Jokemaster presents a good point," Tara said. "You may not realize you're working for somebody... perhaps one of your employees is directing you without your realizing it."

"Yeah," Jack chimed in. "Just look at what you pulled on us."

Adam stood there and thought "Hang on. Let's just work on the 'what ifs' for a minute. So if Trent says he didnt get me out of jail, then someone must have helped me. And I didnt know Trent when the game was realised and Trent didnt know me - so therefore, someone must have let the game go out - even though in hindsight it was painfully obvious what i'd done. So someone somewhere is helping me, and it clearly isnt him" he said gesturing to Trent.

Troezen nodded when he heard that. "That sounds like a reasonable assumption."

"Anyone mind telling me where the bathroom is?" Adam asked.

"Down the hall, first door to your right," Tara said, pointing.

"So there is somebody behind Adam," Jack said thoughtfully. "It's not Trent... so let's see... if we can all agree to work together, perhaps we can figure out who it is. Then, Trent can retire and..."

"But where would Adam get the funding to complete his game?" Tara objected.

"From us," Jack answered. "Adam... oh, he's in the bathroom... but if his game is simply a FPS, then our two games can exist on the market without competing."

"Right," Tara said thoughtfully. "Since ours has shifted into an RPG."

"We'll mention that when he gets back," Jack said.

Trent flopped onto the couch. "I hate this job." He muttered. Then his phone rang.

"Agent 305, any info."

"He doesn't know he's working for someone."

"We've already established that."

"Then you know as much as I do."

"What? you're our best agent, how is that possible."

"I don't know, maybe I just got tired of this job."

"Then you're being replaced."

"You mean you're going to kill me, well Ive got news for you, I now have other connections, I can get your dark secrets out."

"No you-"

"Yes I can, like you said, I'm your best agent, so...yes or no?" and there was the tone. "You better have a pretty powerful house or we gotta get out of here.

Adam walked down the hall and into the bathroom. He locked the door and then opened the window and climbed out. He just had enough room - but he managed.

He was at the back of the house in the garden. He jumped over the gate and ran off. He saw an old lady getting into her car. Adam looked around and saw a falled tree branch and picked it up.

He walked over to the woman. "Out of the car. Quietly."

The old lady looked in horror. "You came from them" he said pointing to the tara and jack's house. "I knew there was something dodgy about them. I never trusted them."

"I dont care what you think about them. I hate them but you dont see me complaining. Now get out of the car!"

The old lady got out and adam took the car and drove off

Adam walked down the hall and into the bathroom. He locked the door and then opened the window and climbed out. He just had enough room - but he managed.

He was at the back of the house in the garden. He jumped over the gate and ran off. He saw an old lady getting into her car. Adam looked around and saw a falled tree branch and picked it up.

He walked over to the woman. "Out of the car. Quietly."

The old lady looked in horror. "You came from them" he said pointing to the tara and jack's house. "I knew there was something dodgy about them. I never trusted them."

"I dont care what you think about them. I hate them but you dont see me complaining. Now get out of the car!"

The old lady got out and adam took the car and drove off

Jack swore and Tara frowned. Jack muttered an apology and both of them ran into the bathroom. After looking out the window, Tara swore and Jack shook his head. It was Tara's turn to apologize. Then, they came back out of the bathroom."

"Either he knows somebody else is behind him and was lying, or he just hates us that bad," Tara said. "And now that he's gone, Trent's right. "We'd best get out of here."

She moved for a door off the kitchen and opened it to reveal the garage and two cars.

"Trent, seeing as all of us want Adam, I suggest you get your weapons back," Jack said. "The ones Adam left in that trap beneath the house aren't the only ones he has, I'm sure. Bring his along too."

"I'll get them for you," Tara told him. She moved into the living room and announced, "T1A4R1A."

"Voice and code recognized," a recording of Jack's voice said. The weapons were ejected from the 'magnet room' and Tara handed all of them to Trent.

"We're getting out of here," she said. "And now that Adam's proven he doesn't want to cooperate, we'll help you track him down. Hell, we'll even help you complete your mission if it means hurting Adam."

"Agreed," Jack said. "Come on."

He went out into the garage and got in his car. Tara got into the second car in the garage.

"We're splitting up," she said as she got in. "Harder for whoever's coming for Trent to find all of us. Easier to find Adam since we'll have two groups looking for him."

Troezen got in the back. "So any idea where to start looking?"

--------

Adam sped off straight to his game company. He then went up to his office and locked the door. He knew he had a head start, but he didnt have very long. He then opened a safe he had hidden in the corner of the room and looked at his weapons.

He picked up 2 small pistols, 5 gredades and his favorite weapon of all - the katana.

He smiled to himself as he remembered how everyone in the game had katanas. They were good because they were all programed in the game to use weapons well - he really could use them well.

He put the pistols in his shoulder holsters and he put the grenades into his pocket. He then got a rucksack and hid the katana. He then put some extra ammo in the bag and a small SMG.

He knew Trent would be be here soon, because he had his pass. He phoned down to security.

"This is adam - cancel Trent's pass."

"Yes sir."

Adam knew that the pass would be canceled. The security in the building worked for both him and Trent - but if there was a difference of oppinion, they answered to Adam.

Adam went down to the front and went into the office garage. His car was parked. It was black, with darkened bullet proof windows and with some special modifications to it.

He unlocked it with voice recognition and drove off. The number plates were fakes, so he could go anywhere at any speed and not be at risk. He had his rucksack next to him in the passenger seat.

"Chances are he'll go to his company first," Tara said. "After that, I don't know."

She started her car. "But we're not going there or anywhere near there. We're going somewhere that we'll be safe while we try to figure out where he is."

---------------------

"Ok," Jack said, starting his car and glancing at Trent in the seat next to him. "We're going somewhere out of sight, out of mind. Whoever's trying to hunt you down won't be able to find us. Adam won't be able to find us. We'll be safe while we try to figure out where he is. Then, we'll strike hard and fast, and hopefully figure out who's behind Adam."

He paused. "Sound good?"

"Unless its off the face of this earth, there is no where we can hide from him...him being Agent 596, I know they are sending him, he will find us, so when he finds us, I will kill him. Don't try to help me, you'll just die...my life means nothing, so don't worry about it." Trent said stricly.

Troezen was trying to understand what was going on. "so, let me get this straight? You are going to wait for adam to find us and this guy trent is running from is going to find us whether we wait for him or not? Does that sound right? because to me it sounds like a pointless waste of time. If trent's friend is going to find us, then lets at least keep moving and make them move too. And I have a feeling that if we wait for adam to find come to us, then we will be waiting a very very long time."

----------

adam kept driving. He knew that he had Tara and Jack after him, who would easily track him down when they needed and combined with a CIA agent, he wondered why they hadnt got to him yet.

He wondered what the safest place to go would be. Then he had a brainwave and started driving to their offices. They would never expect him to go right to them and he could sabatage their game at the same time.

He spun the car around in the middle of the road and drove off.

Archived