Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I would tell Troezen to do just that," Tara said. "But somehow, I suspect he's a bit to smart for that... no, let's bring him here... and be one big happy while unhappy family, just like back in the corrupted game."

She sent the message, "Adam's here. Bring Trent. We'll all be one big happy yet unhappy corrupted game family all under one roof again."

Troezen got the text. He sighed to himself "this is going to be a giant barrel of laughs."

He shook his head. "We're nearly there." he said. "So Trent, who could have control over adam? Who would want to?"

----

Adam put his hands in his pocket and leant on the wall, "so when trent gets here we just invite him in and offer him tea... ? Alright then, i'll put the kettle on. Which way to the kitchen?"

"Keep your guns away," Jack said, opening the door. "Adam's here, but we're not going to do the whole shoot to kill thing at this point, got it?"

"I want some answers," Tara said. "Both from Trent and Adam. You two were partners and now you're at each other's throats. What's up?"

"Let's make this easy, then," Tara said. "Adam, Trent is convinced you're working for somebody else. If you tell us who it is, he can retire, you can get back to work on your game, Jack and I can get back to work on ours. As rival game companies, just like we said. Nothing more."

Adam looked shocked. "How stupid do you get? I work for noone." he was confused, "you got me out of jail" he said pointing to trent, "if anyone's my boss, then it's you. Unless you want me to go and get all stupid about it and say that i work for everyone who buys the game." He pretended to wipe a tear out of his eye.

Troezen subtly shook his head and started clapping, "well done! nice show!" he said sarcasticly. "just give it up! Who is pulling the strings?!"

Adam walked up to Troezen and put only a tiny gap between their faces. "I work for no one. Got it?" He walked back to where he was before and leant back on the wall.

"Hey! I believe what the government tells me! because I know what thye hide form the public I trust them, therefore I assume they have correct information, and unless I have hard proff that you work for no one, I don't go back." Trent said as he crossed his arms.

"Do you trust the government's decision over me? do you honestly think that the government knows me better than i do! That just shows why i could get away with the game under your very nose - because you are totally BRAINDEAD!"

Troezen raised his voice so he was louder than adam "hey! shut the hell up!" Adam did, Troezen lowered his voice to normally talking level. "So we clearly have a dilema here that isnt going to be sorted by finding out who has the loudest voice! let's work this logicaly: Adam, if trent didnt release you from prison, that clearly means someone is helping you. If you were able to get the game released with all of your changes to it, even after all of the checks which were going on and you have managed to get your own company and make a new version of your game, even though you are without doubt solely responsible for what happened in the game. I think that means that someone high up is helping you. Whether you are working for them, they are working for you, or you dont know they exist, is another debate all together I'd say."

Adam laughed and clapped, "nicely put, shame its all a load of rubbish: What Trent is unwilling to tell you all is that this is all a trick and we are infact here to kill you all." Adam pulled out his gun and aimed it at jokemaster, "what do you think now? true or false?" he gave a look to trent that said play along or i kill you

Troezen looked from tara to jack to trent to jokemaster to tara again, "so who do we think?" he whispered in tara's ear

"well?" adam said, cocking the gun. "it's time to choose"

The floor caved from under both Adam and Trent and closed over them.

"I think you highly underestimated the security measures we took," Jack said, putting his mouth to the floor. "You'll be coming back up here in a minute... without your guns."

Anything metallic on Trent and Adam suddenly felt heavier... a lot heavier. When that stuff hit the ground, it was impossible to pry it up.

"Ready to talk sensibly now?" Jack said. "If you're not, you can both stay there, for all I care."

Trent was ejected from the 'magnet' room.

"Now we're going to talk like civilized people," Jack said. He unstrapped all weapons he was carrying. "No weapons." He tossed them aside. "No nothing."

"Adam, as soon as you're ready to do what Trent has done, you can rejoin the discussion," Tara said emotionlessly.

adam considered the options. They would probably kill him when he was down there, that or get the police in - either way he lost. He took off all hs metal and then called up "all right then, let me back up."

Troezen took a jump back when the ground opened and he checked that his feet where still on the ground and hid his gun inside his jacket pocket. He was sure that he'd need it at some point.

Adam was also ejected from the 'magnet room' and Jack sighed.

"Now we talk," he said. "I can see that neither of you are telling the truth. First Adam says he's not working for anyone while Trent insists there is somebody else behind Adam. Then, there's a complete reversal in which Adam claims they are working together... they can't both be true."

"Lie a little longer and we'll hook you up to a lie detector," Tara threatened.

"Very well," Jack said. "Abandon all misinformation. Adam's not working for anybody, so Trent's final mission is complete, right? So Trent can get out of Adam's hair and we can go back to creating our rival games..."

"If only it would be so easy," Tara murmured. Jack nodded and sighed.

"Chances are it's not that easy," he said quietly. "So we all have some further explaining to do. Trent, since Adam claims he's not working for anyone, what will it take to end your mission so you can retire?"

Archived