Home

[Fanfic] The Plight of Darkness

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol! Happy bday to Renegade!

Anyway...

Hey guys, I have a bit of a deliema...I don't think I spelled that right...

Okay, I was planning on writting another story, one completely seperate from this, based on the Two Years, Two Masters and The Lawful Sith RPGs that are posted here on LucasForums. Although, I'm not sure if I want to wait until I'm finished with The Plight of Darkness before posting it. I think it would be easier if I waited, and it would be a lot quicker updates if I waited, but I'm also kind of eager to get it started...

What do you guys think?

and you might just accidentaly end up posting this story's chapter in the other thread. take it slow, nobodys in a hurry, we all would like to see the ending of this story first. if you want, type it in word and save it, so later you can just open it and copy/paste here :D

Ooh sounds fun. Well good luck with that...

Alright, this chapter is a little shorter and maybe a bit rushed, but I haven't been able to get on the computer much lately. And since I went and set a deadline for myself :p , I figured that this was probably as good as it was going to get at the moment...

Oh, and anyone know about the Ancient Sith? Like, descriptions or whatever? I feel like a total idiot, writting a story about the AS and not knowing anything about them...

---Chapter Eleven---

The next day, as Revan was picking up all the datapads and holocrons he had thrown and knocked over in his rage, he got a surprise.

As he picked up a stack of datapads that he had already browsed through, a disc fell out of a compartment in one. As it clattered to the ground, he blinked. Why hadn’t he seen that before? It was ancient and covered in dust. Setting the datapads aside, he knelt and picked it up. It appeared to have numerous scratches on it and he was doubtful that it even worked. He walked over to one of the computers in the room and inserted the disk, booting up the program stored on it.

Estaka swoot lkiata

¿Stroos kooolot ween trasxa?

During his time spent studying the ancient tomes in the library, more often than not, he ran into this language. It was apparently the original language of the Ancient Sith. He had begun to unravel what to it meant, but his translations were still incomplete.

Welcome to the Map

What would you like to do?

A map? A map of what? He tapped the keys, asking the computer to show this map.

Loookara: Swenl estuta coocia tracka.

¿Retaak?

Warning: Corrupted data enclosed. Continue?

He typed ‘yes’.

Immediately, a holoprojector in the computer’s face hummed to life and a small map of what appeared to be the Republic enveloped before his eyes. It looked a lot like a map that a navicomputer would display…except that there were several planets missing, and new planets that didn’t exist.

This must be what the Ancient Sith saw during their reign. Revan thought. He went over to a comm. panel on the wall and hit a button, opening a transmition link to the entire facility. “Hey guys…I think I found something you might want to see.”

A few minutes later, the crew of the Ebon Hawk had gathered in the library and were currently studying the map.

“This is really weird. How could this map be so distorted? I mean, half these planets don’t even exist.” Mira said, staring at the floating holoprojection.

“That’s what I thought when I first opened it.” Revan commented, “It could be possible that this is just ghost info. When I opened the file it said that there may be some corrupted data.”

“Well that would explain it.” Carth said.

“But still…” Elron began, “I find it hard to believe that info could be corrupted that much.”

“I know, that’s what I thought too.” Revan said.

“Hey, Atton,” Elron turned to the pilot, “you have something cooking up in that mind of yours? Or are you just playing Pazzack with yourself again?”

“Aha, I never get tired of the wise-cracking Jedi.” he said sarcastically. But then, he folded his arms, concentrating once again on the map, “I think…I think that at least one planet is correct on here. If this is there…” he said, pointing to a star, “Then that would mean…that would mean that this is Manaan.” he said, tracing a finger along an imaginary line to a revolving planet.

“Revan, pull up a current map and over lap it with this one.” Bastila said.

“Hold on…” he tapped at some keys, “Got it.”

A newer map enveloped off to the side, then merged with the Sith one. Sure enough, Manaan fit perfectly with the unknown system.

“But where would the Ancient Sith have stayed on Manaan?” Briana wondered aloud, “The entire planet is a gigantic ocean, and from what I could remember of Atris’s records, the original Sith weren’t water-breathers…”

“Wait a second…” Carth said, “Bastila, Revan, remember those ruins the Republic’s construction teams ran into near the Rift on the planet’s surface?”

Understanding drew itself across both the Jedi’s faces.

“What if those ruins were only the beginning of a whole network?” Revan said.

“But I thought those ruins were originally built by the Rakata?” Bastila pointed out.

“Aye, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t more ruins deeper inside the Rift or anywhere else on the planet’s surface.” Carth said, thinking.

“Well, we should probably get going then.” Elron said.

“Whoa, wait. How? We don’t have a ship!” Revan said.

Elron smiled, “Actually, yeah, we do. One that you should remember.”

At first, Revan looked confused, but realization drew across his face, and he smiled.

“Well then,” he said, “Let’s get going.”

And so they copied the map, gathered up their belongings, and began the long trek back to the Ebon Hawk.

“I hope you know where we’re going, Atton.” Briana said doubtfully.

“What do you mean? I always know where we’re going!”

“Really? Because I think we’ve passed that same rock about six times.” Mira pointed out.

“Hey, I--”

“Uh, guys?” Elron asked and everyone turned to look at him. He had cocked an eyebrow and pulled a layer of vines away from the side of the ‘path’. Right in front of them sat the Ebon Hawk.

“Oh, right, I knew that.” Atton said, turning around and ducking through the opening. “See, I told you I knew where we were going.”

Moments later, the ship was prepped for launch.

“Hold on to your hats everyone!” Atton yelled as he and Carth fired the engines, soaring above the trees and out of the atmosphere. The familiar whine of the hyperdrive filled the ship as they jumped.

Manaan, here we come.

dfe94322.gif

cool one. though im not really happy about you saying all those bloody exams are fun. or are you a nerd? :D j/k

and though it is good. youve use "realisation/understanding drew across their faces" twice. i would have written something else for the second situation.

That was the best fanfic I have ever read! Of course, it is really only the second one I have ever read anyways...But this one is great! I have to remind myself to look around in here, this is one of the 2 or 3 along with T3's Astromech Center or whatever it is called and the Forum at the very bottom. But evidently I need to check this Forum out.

Thanks Rob and Kookaburra.

I've actually written a couple fics, but this is my first KotOR story. Well, my first Star Wars fic. So I've had a bit of practice :D

Yeah, Rob, this is a pretty cool section. Albiet a slow-moving one. Not many people check in here...thus the wonderful Darth333 began the review thingy you see at the top of the forum page. Hopefully that'll bring more people in here :D. Anyway, I'd have to suggest Fuu's, Hallucination's, and RC 1162's fics. They're pretty good...

Archived