Home

Pros And Cons!!!!!

Nedak

A GREAT community. loads of nice and friendly players.

for me its a great starwars feel. and i mean in all the starwars anges form all themovies to a lot of the books i read.

great diversity (sp?) . you go so many ways without killing of your chars

Always something to do... im never bored.

cons:

hmmmm...cons.. uhm server downtime is anoying...... exploiters.....other then that i cant think of anything that bothers me.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Pros:

you can switch it off

Cons:

Lack of content, nothing like star wars at all, stupid development team, lack of direction, Jedi

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I suggest you read other posts first before reacting to what I said. Ive played galaxies for 2 years and only just recently quit for the reasons stated. Until you actually start off in the game, you won't know what I am talking about.

I give you 2 months, tops and you will see what I mean. Lucasarts have told me that they will be making some pretty big changes to the game, so it plays like World Of Warcraft but we will see.

So far this year, the game has seen NO improvements made, just pointless publishes that spoil any fun that used to be in the game. Its that simple

DMUK

When did they tell you that? And atleast say like one good thing about the game... And if it sucks ill just play it to get rich and when the better virson starts all just play that... Atleast they should lower the payment per month for it if it sucks so bad.

Please bear in mind that I started playing on day 2(June 27 2003) and quit playing in July of last year after my 1 yr. term had expired. I never played any of the expansions and feel that this was Sony's way of trying to save themselves from losing more money.

Pros:

Good graphics-----This was the best thing about the game to me besides the fact that it was Star Wars.

Diversity-----Lots of species and beings to choose from, lots of areas to explore, and lots of professions to choose from.

Cons:

TERRIBLE development team-----SOE is BY FAR the WORST company I have ever seen when it comes to fixing problems and listening to their damn player base. As long as you were paying they could have cared less about listening to their players and correcting issues. The team that worked on this game changed constantly because they either quit SOE completely or they went on to other projects with SOE. Hmm, I wonder why(duh). After seeing what this game is today, I would say that those who left made the correct move.

Liquidations(nerfs)-----This is what started the whole downfall that exists today. About a month after launch, the devs nerfed ALL hybrid professions and made elites more powerful than the hybrids. Spend MORE skill points to be LESS powerful. Spend LESS skill points to be MORE powerful. This made absolutely NO SENSE to me at all. TK master with any other combo from that point on was UNBEATABLE. Things only got worse and not better. SOE ignored the issue no matter how many times this concern was brought to their attention.

Skill point limitations-----Because skill points were limited in the game, those who chose hybrid professions were simply left behind and didn't really have enough skill points left to grind other professions. SOE did NOTHING to correct this the entire time I played.

Jedi-----This is one of the BIGGEST cancers to this game today. While this was a great sounding idea in the beginning, it was handled terribly by the development team. I won't say anymore about this because I can go on for days.

No rank bonuses-----Players had no real advantages of any kind if they were a higher rank. It didn't matter whether you were rebel or imperial. Nothing was ever done with the ranking system and I could never figure out why. SOE should have at least given attack and defense bonuses for higher ranking players and better payment for faction missions. Once again, nothing was done to correct this and the ranking system was for show ONLY.

Lack of content-----The SOE idea of giving new content was to give players a new dungeon that didn't have any significance. They never really implemented a good storyline that advanced the plot and kept players interested. Why? This is Star Wars. Why would you not advance storyline before ALL others? Oh well.

Star Wars "Everquest"-----Although it was said in the beginning that this game would NEVER be like everquest, look at what happened. Chalk up another stupid move for that development team.

Overall this game was and still is severely lacking in too many areas. SOE simply does not care and continues to lose players. Why they don't see that this is a problem is something none of us can explain. As long as SOE is involved with managment of this game, I refuse to play it. If what DMUK has stated has any truth, I would be interested for sure but I will not play if SOE is still managing this game. Thanx for reading.

Excatly I started playing it and it is realy lacking... Why would LucasArts let people from Japan create the game? They dont even speak english!! They pronounce English Ingish for crying out loud!

Wow... really wow.... you are a REAL american arent you... HAHHAA ... man.

ive been playing for about a year and a half...a lot longer than i had originally intended on playing, actually. sure, there are things that chaffe me in all the sensitive parts, but because I have this really strange sense of creativity I tend to create my own content for whatever reason. little goals that i make for myself and just go do them.

i also wont discuss the Jedi thing. main reason is that had I not had two jedi in my group i would have never gotten the chiss backpack which for some assinine reason is bio linked. I cant go to the avatar without a Jedi or finish this quest in wookie world unless i have a jedi. jedi jedi jedi. the reward for hours of endless grinding enables you to experience all that SWG has to offer so start off early. Had i known then what I know now I would have done that holocron thingee instead of enjoying myself inthe game.

but anyway, im ranting.

I enjoy myself everytime I log on mainly cause I try to avoid allthe BS and just do my own thing. im now working on space mining(they should have put a bit more into this, imho). since I cant have more than two POBs ill have to decide which two i want: yacht, Y8, YT. sigh.

Right here and now i want to correct the above statement..

Its made POORLY by americans :)

HAHA!!! Good one... Yes I am a real American ( dont like it but I am) and the Sony company is owned by Japanesse. So they are responsible for the game. Also I agree that Americans had a large part of it... I also think that lucas arts made the rong choice on who to use to run and create their game.

A GREAT community. loads of nice and friendly players.

for me its a great starwars feel. and i mean in all the starwars anges form all themovies to a lot of the books i read.

great diversity (sp?) . you go so many ways without killing of your chars

Always something to do... im never bored.

cons:

hmmmm...cons.. uhm server downtime is anoying...... exploiters.....other then that i cant think of anything that bothers me.

hey me too im never bored on it! oh wait thats cuz im new...... lol

Archived