Home

What were the classes of the movie (and EU) characters?

RobQel-Droma

Somehow I am not quite sure about the idea of different jedi classes at all ... it surely is RPG style but I am not quite sure if it fits Star Wars.

Personally, from watching the movies I got the feeling that force sensitivity(and usage) and lightsaber fighting skills are interdwined; e.g. Anakin and Yoda, whose primary "skill" is their extreme attunement to the Force, are both great saber fighters (similarly the Emperor)

Also, Yoda, the Emperor and Count Dooku are far more skilled than e.g. Obi-Wan and Anakin in Ep.2 despite their old age (and small statue in the case of Yoda :) ) which normally seriously cripples your physical fitness.

That is also why I like the sentinel class and Form IV - both rely equally on "physical skill" and attunement to the Force :)

Hey MdKnightr and Rogue Nine, there is already a thread for that in Telos Tourist Beaureu (in fact I started it myself). Since Revan and Exile are already have seperated threads of there own, I suggest we keep this about other Jedi/Sith.

Unless you have "Status: Moderator/Super Moderator/Admin" under your avatar, I suggest you try not to play moderator. And they are slightly on topic, discussing about the decision of classification.

^^^^

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound like that, I just would rather have this one about the others since there are already threads where people can kick their ideas around about Revan and the Exile. I wasn't trying to act like a moderator, so I suppose they can go ahead and talk about that. Never mind!

I think Maul was a Marauder too. He uses the double lightsabre and is an absolute freak at lightsabre dueling. He never uses any freaky dark side force powers just focuses on his blade.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

As for Vader only using Choke, Saber Throw, and Force Throw (I guess that's what it should be called), why is that a big deal? The only visible Force power we saw Sidious use was Force Lightening. Yoda only ever used Force Resistance (Repeling Dooku's Lightening), Force Throw/Move/Push (numerous times), and Force Whirlwind on himself (to battle both Dooku and Sidious). We all consider Yoda a Jedi Master in class, but he has his favorite moves too. So this is why I consider Vader's prestige class to be Sith Lord (not to mention that he is often called Lord Vader ;))

As for Maul, I still think that he was a Sith Assassin. Perhaps a Sith Guardian level 15 and then Sith Assassin with a really low level, which may be why he was more combat focused. He was built more for combat but still had a Assassin role.

As for Vader, that is true, but I got the feeling that he was more Palpy's "Executioner" that he was his "Diplomat". I just considered Marauder to fit his character and his fighting style.

Well actually the explanation in Star Wars was that after the Battle of Ruusan, a lot of color crystals were destroyed, forcing the Jedi to rely on the more common Ilum crystals, which only produce green and blue blades. Mace Windu had to survive the dangers of a planet name Hurikaine to get the extremely unique and rare purple crystals.

Now that's just silly :xp:

Everyone knows that Ilum had plenty of other colours, except for purple :xp::D

Archived