Home

What were the classes of the movie (and EU) characters?

RobQel-Droma

What do you think the classes were of the the characters from the movies were (Jedi or otherwise)? Here is what I think on a couple of them-

Mace Windu: Jedi Guardian/Weaponmaster (he was obviously more focused on combat, since he was the only Jedi at that time that knew Form VII/Vaapadd and was described as "the best living lightsaber fighter")

Darth Maul: Sith Sentinal/Assassin (Darth Maul used a cloaked ship and a host of equipment used for stealth and tracking down targets, which seems like an assassin. Not to mention Sidious's quote when he was giving Maul his speeder, "Stealth is the greatest tool of the Sith Assassin)

Obi-Wan: Jedi Guardian/Master (Obi-Wan was obviously skilled enough to face and kill Maul, but at the same time in Episode III it is obvious he has a powerful use of the force. He could be a Setinel, but I am positive he is a Jedi Master)

Gun Haan: Jedi Consular (this is the guy that was one of the three Jedi sent to kill the Teranteks, and is found on Kashyyyk. The reason I say Setinel is because on his remains you find the Circlet of Saresh, which gives a bonus to WIS, the kind of attribute Setinels usually are big in, and he was supposedly a great Jedi but couldn't even kill one Teranteck, suggesting maybe low fighting skills)

Darth Bandon: Sith Sentinel/Marauder (I am not sure about him, but I do not think he was a Consular or Lord, just because he is obviously a good fighter and possess a saber-staff, which has a large maximum damage. Yet, he did use a lot of high level force powers. Probably a Guardian or a Sentinel, I don't know, I just kind of guessed)

Darth Malak: Sith Guardian/Weaponmaster (simple. Somebody else, as I recall, said something like, "Malak carried around a humungous saber, was definitely not the master strategist, and was not prone to strokes of genius." That pretty much sums it up)

And, that is it...for now, that is.

Feel free to try and figure out anyone, this is not just from the movies, you can try and guess at Darth Plagiues (I know I spelled that wrong), Nomi Sunrider, or Ulic (Or Cay. Or Durin) Qel-Droma.

Well you make everyone sound better than they were. I wouldn't of given Bandon and Maul a prestige class...

Jacen Solo- Jedi Consular (rather obvious)

Jaina Solo- Sentinel

Anakin Solo- Guardian (again, rather obvious)

Kyp Duron- Guardian/Watchman (he goes around ferreting out darkness, but hes rather violent about it)

Interesting thread...

I don't agree with some of your suggestions though, like

Obi-wan: I believe he actually is a sentinel/watchman. I believe it was said in one of the sourcebooks of Wizards of the Coast. I don't have any of those books so I'm not really sure of that...

Darth Malak is supposed to be a Jedi Guardian/Sith Lord according to the WotC website

They also have entries for Aayla Secura and Kyle Katarn .

I know that in the WotC source books like The Dark Side Sourcebook and Rebellion Era Sourcebook most movie characters have their entries, but unfortunatly I have neither, so I can't really quote those... Maybe someone else knows...

^^^^

Maul and Bandon were powerful enough to become apprentices of Dark Lords. And if so, they weren't really apprentices anymore, they were already masters, they had just shown that they were able to be taught even farther by the Dark Lord at that time.

So because they were apprentices they weren't apprentices? You aren't good at logic or riddles are ya?

Obi-wan: I believe he actually is a sentinel/watchman. I believe it was said in one of the sourcebooks of Wizards of the Coast. I don't have any of those books so I'm not really sure of that...
That's what I've always thought of him as.

Count Dooku was probably a... well, it's a tough one. He was good at the Force (as shown in EP II) but also a great duelist. So maybe a Sentinel, and then for prestige, either a Sith Lord or Marauder.

Darth Sidious was definately a Sith Lord, even though he was the greatest duelist as well. His ability to manipulate people is unrivaled.

Anakin was probably a guardian/weapons master. His control of the force, though good, never rivaled anyone like Yoda. And plus he pwns at saber combat. But this could be wrong, Anakin could be multiple classes probably...

I think obi-wan and luke would both be guardians/consulors.

and for yoda ithink he would be... a jedi master/ conulor no w8 he does kik az lightsabre stunts so guardian/weapons master then again me maybe he should be a master/guardian or maybe a weapons master/ consulor too hard to choose maybe he should be a far seer from WC3... lol.

As for Darth Malak, that is very interesting. Come on, he hardly had any really good force powers, and was definitely more the combat one. But it says he was a Sith Lord. Maybe I was wrong.

As for Obi-Wan, yes, that is another posibility of him and Luke being Watchmen, but I really think they are Guardian/Masters. You could say that Luke is that because he starts out with a blue saber, which is Guardian, and then to a green saber, which is Consular, but that doesn't really prove anything.

And Hallucination, maybe if you would stop being sarcastic you would understand what I am saying. They are apprentices but they are at the level of Sith master; like say if there prestiege classes for regular non-Jedi classes, then that would be going from a non-Jedi "master" to a Jedi "apprentice." Obviously more powerful, but yet he was going from a weaker class he was the master of, to a stronger class he was the apprentice of.

I would probably go for the official stuff here, all the characters would have RPG stats from the WoTC modules. I actually do have the NJO sourcebook but cant be bothered looking it up atm. If anyone has a burning desire to find something out, let me know

mtfbwya

I was going to say this in my last post, but wasn't able to. WotC's guess is as good as anys, and is probably better, but then again I highly doubt George Lucas was thinking, "Ok, now lets create a Sentinel/Watchman named Obi-Wan Kenobi." Please correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that the movie characters didn't have set classes, Star Wars was not exactly intended to be RPG related, it was a movie, and so I would think that it all depends on how you look at it.

I am positive that WotC did not figure out what Obi-Wan's class was, they gave him a class from their best guess (of course I might be totally wrong, but this is my opinion). Besides, I think that your guess would be a good idea too, I just am not sure about basing it on what a RPG says that was created after SW. Oh yes, and we are using KotOR classes while WotC talks about classes like "Noble" and others. Then again, I don't really know much about RPGs (I just play them :) )and most of the classes there and the other stuff like feats and skills look like KotOR.

Oh, and Hallucination, where do you face Bandon? On your third planet. And where are you in levels on the third planet? About 14-15 as I recall. And when do you get a Prestiege Class? At level 15. Basing on the fact that Bandon would probably beat you in combat (HOWEVER of course it all depends on what your character is like so theoretically he could be higher level and yet be Bantha Fodder to you which would also work) Bandon would be about based on my guess, Sith Sentinel 15/Marauder (I realize I accidentally gave him the Jedi prestiege class) 1 or 2. Not really that powerful, actually.

This is my take on it. I won't elaborate as to why unless someone asks....

Obi-wan: Guardian/Watchman

Luke: Guardian/Master

Anikan: Guardian (possibly attained Weaponmaster status)/Sith Lord

Mace: Guardian/Weaponmaster

Maul: Sith Marauder

Sidious: Consular/Sith Lord

Qui-gon: Consular/Master

Yoda: Consular/Master

Malak: Guardian/Sith Marauder

Revan: Sentinel/Sith Lord

Exile: Guardian/Weaponmaster

Now, on to my next list:

Ulic Qel-Droma: Jedi Sentinel/? This was a hard one. I though that since the quote from Wikipedia said, "With a boundless ambition, Ulic proved to his critics that he would easily challenge and defeat nearly all who opposed him, in almost any field. Through such mental and physical victories, Qel-Droma became a popular icon on his homeworld." I thought this suggested a balance between physical and mental aspects indicating Sentinel. Now, Prestiege Class... He joined up with Exar Kun, which would give him a Sith class, but then was cut off from the force and became a non-Jedi. Even so, he became a Jedi Master (I'm talking about the rank) at his death, obvious from vanishing like Yodi and Obi-Wan...

Siri Tachi: Jedi (?). This was another interesting one from WotC. I personally considered Siri a Guardian, just from reading a couple of the books where she appears. The reason I thought this way was because of the fact that she was an excellant lightsaber fighter, yet wasn't able to compete with Obi-Wan in force powers (of course then again she was 2 years younger). I thought this fit her personality too. WotC says Consular though, which could be true also (I tend to make females Jedi Consulars, don't know why, it just seems right most of the time). But hey, I'm not here to just post the ideas and here you critisize, feel free to post your own ideas on characters i've already mentioned to see if we can resolve them among ourselves!

Han Solo: Scoundrel. The regular idea would be to say Scoundrel. He does have good fighting skills, but a scoundrel can have good fighting skills to depending on what their stats are. He carried a blaster pistol, never wore armor, and was described as a scoundrel kind of makes this one a no-brainer.

Aayla Secura: Jedi Guardian. I agree with WotC on Aayla, she was a master of Form IV, aggression, and just seems more like her character to be a person more suited for battle.

That is all for tonight!

As for Obi-Wan, yes, that is another posibility of him and Luke being Watchmen, but I really think they are Guardian/Masters. You could say that Luke is that because he starts out with a blue saber, which is Guardian, and then to a green saber, which is Consular, but that doesn't really prove anything.

The reason Luke's sabre is green has nothing to do with any RPG classes. In fact it was because green contrasted better with the blue sky on Tatooïne. source

Um, wasn't the whole point of the game to mold the exile into whatever you wanted, therefore it would be variable? What makes you think that Guardian/Weaponmaster is the favored combination?

True enough! But it was in the plot that he/she was a general in the Mandalorian Wars that, according to some, gave in to the lust for battle. That much would put him/her in the realm of a Guardian. As for the Prestige class, that is part speculation, part personal preference.

Palpatine_dc, that is why I said it doesn't really mean anything that he has a different colored saber.

MdKnightr, almost all of those I agree with, except for Maul, Sidious, and Anikan. Why did you say that Maul was a marauder, I thought that that was an easy one, just looking at his equipment and his role in Ep.1. He was sent out to hunt and kill you just like the Sith Assassins, and used special spy devices and cloaking technology, which makes me think of an assassin.

Sidious I thought had something different than consular as starting class, just because of the fact that he killed 3 jedi in combat in about 3 seconds, and was able to compete with Windu on almost the same level.

Anikin I thought was a Sith Marauder since he seems like a more soldier character than a "diplomat" character. The only powers you see him ever use are Saber Throw, Choke, and whatever you call using the force to throw objects at people.

By the time of the movies, Sentinels are all but extinct, I think...hence the distinct lack of yellow sabres around ;)

After all, they were rare in Revan's time...

You don't see Yellow sabers because only green, red, and blue were originally canonical saber colors. And then Lucas let Sam Jackson have purple.

Well actually the explanation in Star Wars was that after the Battle of Ruusan, a lot of color crystals were destroyed, forcing the Jedi to rely on the more common Ilum crystals, which only produce green and blue blades. Mace Windu had to survive the dangers of a planet name Hurikaine to get the extremely unique and rare purple crystals.

I think Maul was a Marauder too. He uses the double lightsabre and is an absolute freak at lightsabre dueling. He never uses any freaky dark side force powers just focuses on his blade. But i do see your point about his cloke and dagger assassin stuff.

Anakin - might go with RobQel he was definately a lightsabre fighter through and through. Marauder 4 sure

Sidious is a hard one but i think he's like yoda a master/lord but so powerful he's a gun lightsabre duelist as well

Apart from that MdKnightR i think you have them all spot on

True enough! But it was in the plot that he/she was a general in the Mandalorian Wars that, according to some, gave in to the lust for battle. That much would put him/her in the realm of a Guardian. As for the Prestige class, that is part speculation, part personal preference.

A general is more of a command position and in all likelihood, a non-combat one, since one would be issuing orders. And like you said, according to some, gave into the lust for battle. There were certainly other more altruistic options you could have picked. That's what made TSL such a good game. You could customize the character as you wanted, even what he/she did in the past. The Exile could have been bloodthirsty or he/she could have fought to save people because he/she believed it was the right thing to do.

By the time of the movies, Sentinels are all but extinct, I think...hence the distinct lack of yellow sabres around ;)

After all, they were rare in Revan's time...

Now thats just silly. The reason sentinels arn't in the movies is because they were all gonna be watchmen, so they were testing out their stealth. And that means that you need special goggles to see them in the movies.

Archived