Home

What do you think we will be searching for in KIII?

RobQel-Droma

With Gerlon Two-Fingers behind him with a wip. And Twitch head of the Sith Commandos. And Lt. Grenn turned to the dark side as the new Sith lord, Darth Retard. And with the Yuuzhan Vong, making a cameo as the True Sith. :xp:

Anyways, I don't think that Revan or the Exile will have to die. If you are dark and they are light, then, maybe you will have to fight them. I would like it if perhaps there is an option to die, maybe the Exile or Revan could sacrifice themselves, but I don't want to have to do that.

With Gerlon Two-Fingers behind him with a wip. And Twitch head of the Sith Commandos. And Lt. Grenn turned to the dark side as the new Sith lord, Darth Retard. And with the Yuuzhan Vong, making a cameo as the True Sith. :xp:

Lt Grenn is a hero! :blast5:

Anyways, I don't think that Revan or the Exile will have to die. If you are dark and they are light, then, maybe you will have to fight them. I would like it if perhaps there is an option to die, maybe the Exile or Revan could sacrifice themselves, but I don't want to have to do that.

But you know, with the way so many Star Wars fans cry for realism in Star Wars, it would be nice to have them decide who should die. People die in war. War with the Sith is coming. Some main character is gonna die. Because you just know someone somewhere is gonna say, "Everyone survived? That's not real enough."

Never played a game where I had to decided life or death between two characters. Might have to be a "Rated M for Mature" title since it covers adult subject matter.

I do want to see someone to die, just not the very main characters if possible. I wasn't saying that you had the choice, just a way where they didn't die if you chose to do something, like whether they sacrifice themselves or not. And if people want realism, then why are the playing a game where you shoot electriciy out of your fingers, deflect blaster bolts, and fight wierd green headed aliens? :lol:

Hey JediMaster12, you might want to combine those two posts next time, just a thought.

The thing is, my holocron idea is about searching for Revan, that is what it leads up to. I hope that you will find Revan, but the holocrons are what you have to find that gives you clues as to where Revan and the Exile went.

:lol:.

That is an interesting plot. I guess "we'll just have to watch and see," as the announcer on Taris says

I think you should play as a new padawan under the exile's command, and search for Revan one half of the game, (3 chapters or so,) and then search for and/or kill the five "true sith" lords (5 chapters), then the storyline comes together turns into a drastic battle where you decide the fate of the galaxy, and wether it should be an empire (ds) or remain a republic (ls). After that, you roam the galaxy, searching for lost relics as a hiistorian, learning about the higher mysteries of the force, or becoming the master of your own lightsaber technique.

As for the whole Revan appearance issue, why not just have him get burned alive, and live in a breathing suit with his mask and robes? (like Vader)

More NPC choices, too.

And beast pets.

No, lets not remake one of the movies. Besides, you can choose his appearence ingame if you want, or why not just use his regular robes with the mask, instead of doing something complicated like that? The devs figured that out for K1. And I think that the end of the game should be the end, no need for just roaming around. In that case, the "ending" wouldn't be an ending, just something happens and you walk around doing nothing. Very anti-climatic.

• 2 months later...

Other ideas for the main quest search items, not necessarily in any order of importance (and not necessarily even important or desirable! :) ):

1.(hubby's idea) Since the navicomputer is voicelocked during K2, search for parts/clues to unlock the navicomputer on Ebon Hawk to get to the Unknown regions. One part could be to unlock something in T3M4, another would be meeting with an party member from one of the previous games to get some valuable information on the Hawk, another part would be unlocking something in HK-47,etc. Along the way Exile joins the party to get to Revan who's locked in a prison, and in the end the 3 of you fight the Big Bad Boss(es). Since the nav'puter's voice locked, maybe you have to find some voice samples along with the other stuff (bringing in the cameos there).

2. Go to the various planets' ruins or other key places to find artifacts (a good way to include Yavin 4 with the Exar Kun stuff), and along the way you start learning about how the True Sith corrupted people to the Dark Side, allowing you to learn how to overcome them (LS) or take them over totally (DS).

3. You go out to the Unknown regions fairly quickly, but have to come back to various planets to rally/coerce forces to fight the True Sith.

4. Rescue key senators from various planets to get them to Coruscant to get an armada for the Unknown region to stop an invasion, though you'd still have to fight the Big Bosses yourself (admittedly a really political version here).

5. You gain different pieces of information from each planet in order to convince the Jedi Council that this time it _is_ right to go bring the fight to the enemy and that they _must_ act. Hubby's comment: 'Get off your Jedi duffs and get out there. You can't wait any longer,' and the Council agrees this time.

People are still posting in this thread? :) This has been long dead for a while.

Well, I'll say one last thing. Forget my "going to the same planets as in the first two" idea, before supposedly you head off into the Unknown Regions. We should have completely new planets, except for Dantooine and Korriban, and maybe Telos.

My thoughts:

1. KotOR I gave the player a vast world, which was so large in scale that it makes KotOR II look verry limited. Therefore, I hope to see another massive scale KotOR. (Tatooine was one of the largest planets, which contained shops, cantinas, etc...) KotOR II doesn't have that vastness... I hope KotOR III will...

2. I never saw anywhere in game where it mentioned 'True Sith', and I don't believe it actually exists in game. However, there was a mention of the existance of the original Sith. Otherwords, a group of ancient Sith Lords that managed to obtain vast amounts of power, and they are hidden somewhere in the Outer Rim... KotOR III will definatly bring this to light... Original Sith does not mean True Sith... I think the game was talking about the Original Sith Lords... The Sith Lords that started the tradition of the fallen Jedi...

3. I think Revan will become a Sith Lord at the end, and you will have to defeate him/her. I also think the Exile will be his/her Apprentice.

4. Depending on how you play KotOR III, you will confront Bastila at some point. Either she will be a Dark Jedi or Jedi Master is up in the air. However, she may be your guide once again.

5. HK-47, Atton, Carth, and Mandalore!?!?! I don't think we shall see these characters again. However, I think we will finally find out their fate.

6. Visas may be an important character, and I wouldn't be surprised to she her as a Jedi Master of the sorts.

7. I think that Dantooine will be the only planet that comes back.

8. Plot twist will be something so incredible, and its final revelation will be so dramatic. Similar to the revailing of Revan.

9. Ebon Hawk will be missing, and part of your quest is to find out what happened to: The Edon Hawk, Revan, and Bastila.

10. The Driod Factory will most likely make an apearance. However, its story will not be the same as KotOR IIs. I think it will be redesigned, and have a much darker purpose.

11. HK-Factory will be omited, for there is no other use for it. However, they could put a newly redesigned version of it on the Droid Planet.

12. Coucaunt, Daughobah, and Yavin IV would be a good addition to the series, but I doubt they will actually make it..

13. Nomi Sunrider and her daughter will make an appearance in KotOR III.

14. Jolee's fate will be determined. even though you can kill him during your darkside quest in KotOR I.

15. T3M4 is holding the where abouts of Revan, and he will play a recording similar to Princess Lea's in 'A New Hope'..

16. The Republic's fate will be stable and stong, and your PC will have nothing to do with the Republic's fate. Similar to KotOR I.

17. I can see the death of a few characters: Mandalore, BouDur, and Disciple.

18. Handmaiden will become a Jedi Master, and take the place of Atris. Or, Visas will. Since Visas is similar in nature.. Actually, I can see Visas being a very wise Jedi Master.

19. Dantooine's Jedi Academy will be 100% restored with students. Visas, Handmaiden, and Desciple will be running the Academy. You the PC will be a student of the academy, and KotOR III will begin there.

I haven't really seen any discussion on what we will be searching for in KIII, so I decided to post this thread. In KI we went through Taris, Dantooine, and then to four planets searching for the star maps. In KII you go to Peragus, Telos, and and so on, searching for the Jedi Masters. So what do you thing we will be searching for in KIII?

In my story idea, you go searching for holocrons, which I still think might be cool. Each one you find gives you more information on the Force, the Sith, and the journeys of Revan and the Exile. They would be found on your planet of choice from KI, Korriban, and then Onderun/Dxun and Nal Hutta (not Nar Shaddaa, just so we aren't completely going to ones we have already been to).

Then, instead of going to the last planet, I thing the game should be way longer, so you go to another planet, and then head off into the unknown regions to another group of planets, to which there is no return until the end. Then you search for something else that leads you to Revan, the Exile, and the Sith Lords. What do you think?

While I don't necessarily favor all of your ideas, I do like the idea of the holocrons and using that as a plot device to connect our new PC (there better be a new PC) with that of Revan and the Exile's stories.

^If its the "going to the same planets as before idea" that you don't favor, you can forget that. I gave that up long ago. Didn't think it was that great.

I hope we're not searching. I HATE searching! It dosen't seem like a good plot to me! Maybe actually having something seperate to do on each planet like, Kashayyyk; Liberate the wookies

That sounds too much like a JA game, with different missions that you have to do on each planet, but really which don't have much effect on the storyline. I'm guessing that the devs will keep the general setup of the game, especially since it might alienate players (like me) to change it to a JA game.

3. I think Revan will become a Sith Lord at the end, and you will have to defeate him/her. I also think the Exile will be his/her Apprentice.

I actually don't think so, especially if Revan was made LS at the end of K1. It just wouldn't make sense for Revan to be a LS Jedi, then DS Sith Lord, then Neutral amnesiac soldier, then LS Jedi, then DS Sith Lord again. Unless he has amnesia again, which would be pretty lame.

4. Depending on how you play KotOR III, you will confront Bastila at some point. Either she will be a Dark Jedi or Jedi Master is up in the air. However, she may be your guide once again.

Absolutely yes. I would like for Bastila to make a reappearance along with Carth and Atton. Especially if she is your part-time Jedi Master, that would be a nice addition.

5. HK-47, Atton, Carth, and Mandalore!?!?! I don't think we shall see these characters again. However, I think we will finally find out their fate.

No, I think we will be seeing all four of them, at least I will like two. HK-47 because he is just HK, and also, he (along with Mandalore) has been a party member for the last two games. So, I think they are going to keep them. As for Carth and Atton, not necessary, but since they are some of the main characters of KotOR and TSL, I think they should be back.

7. I think that Dantooine will be the only planet that comes back.

And Telos, and Korriban. I think we need those as well, even if Telos isn't really that big of a planet. Following up on your idea as Brianna replacing Atris, I think she would probably turn the Academy on Telos into a Jedi Academy, with her as the Jedi Master in charge.

9. Ebon Hawk will be missing, and part of your quest is to find out what happened to: The Edon Hawk, Revan, and Bastila.

Well, the Exile has it of course. :) Either it is in the Unknown Regions with him, or it is floating around in Malachor.

As for the Droid Planet and HK factory, I don't really see why we need them in K3. They are (or were) parts of the TSL storyline, at least they were supposed to. Probably people would want to see them, but why bring them back in K3 just so you could see them? Why not wait for the TSL Restoration Project and also the M4-78 Restoration thing so that you can actually play it how it was supposed to be?

13. Nomi Sunrider and her daughter will make an appearance in KotOR III.

14. Jolee's fate will be determined. even though you can kill him during your darkside quest in KotOR I.

I've suggested 13 a few times myself, it would be nice to see them, maybe her daughter as a main character, although that doesn't have to be. It would kind of depend on the time between the games, of course.

As far as Jolee, he is going to be dead, I just feel it. Even if you didn't kill him, he probably would have died from old age afterwards; After Revan, I don't really see him deciding to "come out of retirement" again. So, the solution is: Jolee as a force ghost.

Everything else I pretty much agree with, or have nothing to add. Except for two more, 19 and 16. I don't think it would make much sense to have the end of the KotOR series having a Republic that doesn't have any problems or worries with it- and I don't think that the Jedi would just come back so quickly.

People are still posting in this thread? :) This has been long dead for a while.

Well, I'll say one last thing. Forget my "going to the same planets as in the first two" idea, before supposedly you head off into the Unknown Regions. We should have completely new planets, except for Dantooine and Korriban, and maybe Telos.

I was trying to be a good forumite and instead of starting a new thread, continue one, even if a bit old.... :)

I'd like to hear about what happens to Jolee, see what's on Yavin IV, see what happens to Nomi Sunrider too, and find out what happens to all the other NPCs. Of course, I want to know what's going on with Revan/Exile, too. :)

Archived