Home

Names in pics

Venom750

thats fablous thanks to all mostly boblion54 could you tell me how to do it

No problemo.

I used GIMP.

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

It's a free program thats updated fairly regularly.

IF you have about 600-700 dollars to spend, you can buy Photoshop, though. hehe

Check out the tutorials page at the GIMP website.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

You can also google "GIMP text" or "GIMP text tutorial." There are many tutorials out there and most are animated, which helps alot!

Hope that helps!

To add text to an image in photoshop CS2:

Load image>select horizontal type tool frim the menu bar. Once the type tool is active you can change the font and size <etc> from the top. click anywhere on the image and you set the start point for your text. Once your done you can move the text around on the image using the select and move tool.

If youre unsure what a tool is just move the mouse over it. The tool's name will pop up.

Hope this was usefull to you.

F

He specificially asked how to do it in Photoshop (PS) and I have it, so I told him how to do it.

As for your second question: PS is a leader in its feild. Its the best digital imaging proggie out there IMO. Its not hard to use, its just takes some time to get to know the tools/effects. The free version of MS Paint is ok for small jobs, but it doesn't hold a candle to PS.

That said, if youre just doing re-skins I dont suggest you get it (PS). It is a professional program with a professional pricetag after all. If you have it <or plan to get it> for a larger reason then kudos to you. You're in for a world of fun.

F

PAINT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO USE AND IT WORKS JUST AS WELL! Why spend money on a full version or download a crappy free one if you can use a program that comes free with Windows? It doesn't make sense!

But it looks better in photoshop. :smash:

As for 3ds max, I know nothing about it but assume you can't do photo editing on it.

Not so far as I'm aware, on the photoediting. Max is a modelling, rendering and animation tool, not a post-production tool. Possible I'm wrong though, I've not used it for more than five years.

If your really wanted to, you could render your photo as a texture on a plane, then create some text objects between it and the camera, and then render your scene. However, you're better off downloading The Gimp for free, and using some of their script-fus.

The photoshop thing was a burst i don't think i have the right version but i have 3D studio maxs nif it can be done on that???

P:S thanks for peoples help so far

Just get GIMP. It works just as well as photoshop, if a little more archaic. It's straightforward enough, though. Great for modding, too.

Archived