Home

I want to paly the good characters!!!

Murf

I really enjoyed SWBF.

On SWBFII I WANT TO PLAY THE GOOD CHARACTERS (Jet trooper, Dark Trooper). I'm tried of playing the default characters!!!!!!!!! By the time I earn enough points to play the last character the match is over, so I play for hours and rarely ever get to play the character I want (I could care less about the jedi - not why I bought the game). It is utterly ridiculous that I bought this game and am punished by not be being able to play the character I want! I'm finding the multiplayer in SWBF more fun than than II.

I had my best times in SWBF playing Dark Trooper and Jet Trooper. I've rarely been able to play Dark Trooper now and have yet to be able to play Jet Trooper. So my favorite part of the game I CANNOT EVEN PLAY IN THE BFII! Don't give me that hogwash about "balance", that is the lamest excuse ever. Let's just say you got clobbered by all the jet troopers, well when your on the republic you get to do the clobberin'! It's balanced. All the balance argument in my opinion is just whinning poor sportmanship. (Just my opinion - I know many don't agree with this).

So how long will this game hold interest with people like me? It gets boring playing the same old players (especially knowing there are others out there, but you are just not entitled to play them). So I'm not the highest scorer in the game. I should be punished and not allowed to play all the characters.

They had a 2nd chance to take a game with so much potential and still managed to make it worse in this area. I cannot find many servers with at least 20 people playing. Is this the reason?

Yes, you are so elite at swbfII, just mock his lack of skill and insult him as opposed to actually helping.

Some people don't have a knack for video games, some people it comes naturally to. While I haven't played the game itself to make a truly informed opinion, it does seem a bit silly that the more skilled characters are reserved for the more skilled players. Seems like less of a balancing option and more of a way of making the game top-heavy and forboding to rooks.

If I am mistaken feel free to correct me.

I think the developers wanted a way to keep everyone on the map from using the more 'powerful' units. In many SWBF games, almost the entire team would be a single unit such as the jet trooper. They would fly from command post to command post and wipe out the other team. Adding requirments and limiting the amount of these types of units solves this sort of problem.

If SWBF2 didn't have these limitations, an entire Rebel team could become spies. Just think about how hard it would be to win a battle aganist 20 invisible units...

I'm not saying its fair to the people with less skill/haven't been playing long, but there needs to be some type of limit.

The Jedi, at least can be assigned to anyone, from the lowest scoring player to the highest.

yeah, I can understand where your coming from, I almost never had time to play as the commanders/special units when I first began playing but now I usually earn enough points to play as one in one life. Just work on being a good basic soldier and the darktrooper will be yours in no time. Sure it might seem a bit annoying at first, but it's better then fighting a whole team of droidekas...

Just get better at the game and stop badmouthing it because is isn't getting you anywhere.

I not bad mouthing the whole game. I'm expressing my opinion about an aspect that in my opinion was a bad decision. The next post mentions "Some people are not as good". I'm 41 and have been playing video games since pong. Probably when of you were in diapers. I'm not a pro at this game, but should only the pros be allowed to play? If that is the case, maybe the game should have been designed so anyone who doesn't have 15 points after 2 minutes of a match should be kicked from the server - then only the pros would be left. If it wasn't for us less-skilled players you pros would not be scoring quite as high as scores, less you forget. In Battlefield 2 I have earned all but 2 of the weapons. However, Battlefield 2 lets you play all the characters and when you 've earned a weapon, you get to keep it. It would seem better to me if SWBFII would remember when you have earned a character and let you continue to use it after that - not make you re-earn it ever single match. To the point of them not wanting a whole team of jet troopers, I'm ok with that, I just don't think you should have to earn them by score - just have it first come first served. Maybe allow a 3rd of the team to be the "unbalancing" classes.

Also thanks to all the made mature comments (using reason instead of just bashing me for my opinion). Also thanks for the encouragement.

FPS skills is like born for some people. I've studied that!! LOL! (What can I say, I'm a geek :) )

But very often, the people who's not so good at FPS, are good at strategy games! It's like ying&yang!

About this thread, I think it's fair. Because FPS is about skills, and this system gives the man with the best skill, the best features. If everybody could be jet troopers, we would never have a man on the ground! So that's only fair, IMO.

I'm awful at strategy so I don't play strategy games. In general, I believe I'm average at FPS games. In regards to strategy, when I use to try and play chess I would just try to copy the other player. In chess and the Avalon Hill hex-board war games I just had to play them as each kill was a victory for me, knowing that I could never win the game. Sounds like an interesting study.

i can see where ur commin from. and i have yet to play the game so i cant make an official comment on wether its good or bad. but if it is excluding the less skilled people that is bad! i mean it doesnt take much time but it taks a little bit of time to get used to a certain type of soldier. and if ur not able to play it then you will never get used to it there fore you will always be "less skilled"

...But very often, the people who's not so good at FPS, are good at strategy games! It's like ying&yang!...

Yay, I'm good at both. Last year my dorm floor played CCG Zero Hour about twice a week for the entire school year. I only lost twice...

Anyway, you don't have to kill anything to upgrade your unit. All you have to do is gain points. Capturing a CP from start to end gives you 5 points. Joining in on the capture after its mostly done gives you 2 points. Capturing the flag in CTF gives you 10 points. If you get a flag you shouldn't have to do any killing. Your teammates should be clearing the way and jumping infront of any enemy fire to protect the flag holder.

In my opinion, the point limit for classes makes it much more balanced.

I know some people won't be able to get the points the first few times they play, but that's why people practice at things, to get better.

And if it stops people spawning as Jet Troopers straight off and capping half the map, then it's defianetly a good thing.

I have a couple suggestions...

1) Teamplay, especially in a game where the classes are at least somewhat interdependant (engineer), is your best friend. Get a few friends who play the game, set up a Teamspeak server, and play. You'll find a group of 5 people working together is ALWAYS better than 10 people running around doing their own thing.

2) CPs are your priority, not kills. Help your team take 3 CPs and boom, you get the special classes.

Archived