Home

Is This The End?

RaV™

Well, Trekkies awaken from the retirement homes... what a sight...

Then again we can say the same about old old generation warsies.

The difference is that starwars is "easier to approach" than startrek.

I mean, starwars products are geared more towards the general public, mostly. Then again, no one translates the Bible into Huttese ... yet, and they have done it with Klingon.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

A fourth season and possibly more of the show has been confirmed. George Lucas said the series might return, but in a 3D animation series half-hour format. He later confirmed that it would return in this format. The show will continue telling the stories, which began in the 25-episode 2-D pilot series. It is set, just like the 2-D version, during the 3-year time period in which the Clone Wars took place, between the events of Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith. It is likely to focus on more of the stories and battles between The Republic, led by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and The Confederacy of Independent Systems, led by Count Dooku, except in a 3-D format.

Sorry, I was wrong, HALF-hour programs. I didn't think they would rehash the old seasons of Clone Wars. D:

Although, I could be wrong.

I think they intend to delve into more stories of the Clone Wars, perhaps the Battle of Saleucamai (...wthever), or Boz Pity. Quinlan Vos is a favourite amongst many fans, so perhaps they want to show some stories of him as well?

I imagine that there are more Clone Wars battles that will work great on the TV Screen. And I was also under the impression that the third season will be more about the Clone Wars, while the Live Action series will go into the Aftermath of the rise to power of Emperor Palpatine.

IS this the end to the Star Wars saga? I mean movies the games should keep coming (hopefully good ones at that), but is this the end of the movies? what do us geeks have now? :confused:

I think this is the end of the Star Wars movies under George Lucas. Like Gene Roddenberry, George Lucas will leave a legacy that will be continued by other artists.

I think this the start of George's TV writting career for the Star Wars Universe. However, I don't think it will last long. He may get about three years of Star Wars TV, and that will be about it. I think there is a strong movie fan base, but I don't think there is a strong tv fan base. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on him getting high ratings for longer than two years.

George did a Young Indiana Jones series that was pretty good; however, it didn't last for long.

If there was any medium that has potential to grow further, the 'Expanded Universe' novels will gain greatly from the aftermath of the Star Wars saga.

oh god I thought you meant CG 3D... not those crappy glasses... AAAAHHH

They should start a new saga!

Star wars: Tales of the old republic, episode one...!

Or I'd certainly love to see the new-new republic... whats happening right now in that galaxy? Right now it 2006? That'd be awsome... rather that "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" it'd be "now in a galaxy not so far away thanks to the laws of space"

or maybe the star wars films are actually set in the future, but because were so many millions of lightyears away its "a long time ago"

Archived