Home

Is This The End?

RaV™

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^

That would be bad yes. :D Well, the live action television series will be coming sometime in 2007 unless it gets delayed. As far as the films go, George says he's finished with them. :( I think he should continue with them and maybe he will change his mind down the road. I'm hoping for more films. :)

Poor Trekkies. Well at least the Trekkers are safe! ;)

In any case, I think a person can be a fan even if new content isn't constantly coming out. One doesn't have to like everything in a franchise after all... we all pick and choose (except the most obsessed amongst us!).

I'm actually glad that the movies are over- they can't make any episodes that take place before episode VI (unless they either change the episode order, or do something stupid like add negative numbers or fraction numbers), and I would hate for stuff after episode VI to become huge theatrical movies like the other six. However, I think they should make EU books into DVD-only movies, because books like Shadows of the Empire I want to read, but I just don't have fun reading anymore (used to, it like just went away), and I think Star Wars movies should stick to the theatres.

I'd say Trek is closer to being dead than Star War is...

well, with enterprise finishing up, it seems so.... however, if Frakes got off his a$$ and made a series about the Titan, Trek would be right back on the map...especially since theyve had people like J.M Stracynzski(sic?) offering to write for them...

mtfbwya

Let's just hope some of us jedi don't turn to the dark side and become...trekies, ewww.

*Titan approcing (spelling?)**Alarm*

VOICE OVER INTERCOM: Stand by alert, Titan approcing, estamated time to firing range 15 minutes.

ADMIRAL: Get the crews to there fighters!! The trekies are attacking!!*Hangar gets blown up*

VOICE OVER INTERCOM: AAAAHHH Its to late!!! *Trekies entering trench*Trekies have entered the base! Trekies have enter th*Death Star explodes* :D

well, with enterprise finishing up, it seems so.... however, if Frakes got off his a$$ and made a series about the Titan, Trek would be right back on the map...especially since theyve had people like J.M Stracynzski(sic?) offering to write for them...

mtfbwya

Paramount has said that they won't do another Trek until for at least another 7 years. They have said that when they do, it will be about the Federation Time Ship Relativity.

Besides, Frakes and most of the other TNG cast have said that they are done with their Star Trek roles. Spiner even went so far as to demand that Data be killed off.

• 1 month later...

I think "dormant" is a better word to use here. If another Trek were made, they'd spring right back. After all, if another starwars movie was made in ten years time, I know I'd revitalize my fan-status and rush to see it.

Archived