Home

Who do you want to start K3 as?

vader815

Start as a jedi or a person  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Start as a jedi or a person

• Jedi
    • Some other guy (soldier, scout, scoundrel, ect.)

Skills, feats, and powers should be earned. That's what the XP are for.

However, perhaps starting off force sensitive might be OK.

Who the heck wants to start off midway through the game?

...it's all about how we get there. Choices and character development.

I don't want a character that's already developed. That's my job, my fun.

Skills, feats, and powers should be earned. That's what the XP are for.

However, perhaps starting off force sensitive might be OK.

I can understand wanting to develope your own character, but starting out as a normal being is how we have done it in the first two games. More so in the first than the second. at least in TSL we had some capabilities.

I'm not saying that being without the power to start the game is wrong. It's just that we have started two games that way. I would like to see them come up with something new, that isnt Cheezy or lame, to start the next game. Being Force sensative would be a good place to start :duel:

Jedi, because it would seem stupid to have 'some guy' become a Jedi just because he is force-sensitive. Bioware managed to make a cheeky excuse by saying that your character was Revan, but doing that again will the game to cliched. Besides, strating off as a Jedi will also give you more Force powers. :)

definitely jedi. failing that, an extremely minimal amount of time spent as a non-jedi. my first playthrough of KotOR 1 was spoiled by having 8 of my 20 levels wasted as a soldier.

I guess you haven't done what me and my bro did a few times did you? We used Carth, mines, planning, grenades, and the easy mode to get to the jedi council at lvl 2. Then we get a lot of force powers.

i think the game should start as a person and then you can become a jedi if you choose to.

starting as a jedi with no force powers like in kotor II, i mean you can only say that he was cut off from the force. and thats already been done. you can only do it so many times....

i think the game should start as a person and then you can become a jedi if you choose to.

Become a Jedi if you choose?? if your going to play KoTOR for any other reason but to be/become a jedi, then you should wait for another Battlefront game to come out. these games are about Jedi/Sith, they are the point of playing :sithk:

i meant no offense by that, i am just saying that would add more gameplay and possible differnt storylines, its not that i dont want to be a jedi, i know thats the point of the game and i love being a jedi but after you play the same storyline over and over it gets rather repetative, i just wanted to add a new storyline thats all.

engma has a good point, you didn't start as a jedi in KOTOR 2 per se, you conveniently had no powers or connection to the force, thats hardly a jedi.

I think if we're gonna start as jedi, start fresh out of an academy or as a padawan or something so you can justify force powers at level 1. Or have some sort of interactive character creation thing a bit like the jedi trials in kotor 1 except do them at the start of the game.

i meant no offense by that, i am just saying that would add more gameplay and possible differnt storylines, its not that i dont want to be a jedi, i know thats the point of the game and i love being a jedi but after you play the same storyline over and over it gets rather repetative, i just wanted to add a new storyline thats all.

No Offense taken, but its a little late to start changing the storyline, Star Wars movie, books etc. are primarely trilogies. granted the KOTOR title will go on with other RPG's, (at least this is the concencious of most of us from a few other threads) but this third KoTOR is most likely to continue, and conclude KoTORI & II.

engma has a good point, you didn't start as a jedi in KOTOR 2 per se, you conveniently had no powers or connection to the force, thats hardly a jedi.

your giong to the furthist extreme saying you have no powers, since I remember still being on the station and having the ability to force heal. you have no powers for maybe your first hour of game play.

Personally, if they use the same old... first you dont have them, then you realize your a Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith with the powers ( in any form... meaning some randome soldier, dancer, thief...... that low and behold suddnely has the ability to feel and use the force. It will be recycling the previous pott lines. they need to come up with something new...

I probably wouldn't buy it, but if they were to make your character with no foce capabilities throughout the entire game. I would respect that... not using the same tired start we've seen in the first two :smash:

i didnt mean that you just magically learn to use the force and i didnt mean that you wouldnt have force powers at all, i simply meant that at some point early in the game you could train as a jedi (if you wanted to) or if you wanted to make the game a little more challenging and alter you characters story you could stay non-jedi. and when you said that the movies and everything were primarily trilogies. i dont understand what you mean, the whole star wars universe is one whole story, all the parts like the movies, and books and such just connect the story together.

and when you said that the movies and everything were primarily trilogies. i dont understand what you mean, the whole star wars universe is one whole story, all the parts like the movies, and books and such just connect the story together.

The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin, The Lando Calrissian Adventures by L. Neil Smith (trilogy), The Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley (Trilogy), The Bounty Hunter Wars by K.W. Jeter, The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn, The Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, The Corellian Trilogy by Roger MacBride Allen, The Dark Nest Trilogy by Troy Denning.

Star Wars IS one big story, but if you look at how this story is putt together you see that most of your Chapters telling these stories are trilogies..movie 1, book 1 game 1 the beginning.... Episode 1 Phantome Menace, Episode 4 a new hope.... Episode 2 CLone Wars, EPisode 5 Empire Strikes Back the body/deeper plott.... Episode 3 revenge of the Sith, Episode 6 Return of the Jedi... Conclusion

Here's a Link where you can see all the books that have been printed

http://www.theforce.net/books/reviews/novels_chrono.asp

Ande here is one of the threads that Discusses this being the last KoTOR.... specifically the ind of the Revan Saga/Trilogy

"Last" KotOR? :syoda:

Archived