• AT-ST
    • AAT
    • AAC-1 Tank
    • IFT-X Tank
    • Armoured Tank Droid
    • AT-TE
    • STAP
    • Other...please list

I personally like the Homing spider droid. It might not be the most powerful vehicle but I like it's main cannon. Good at taking out infantry and damaging that AT-TE. It isn't to manuverable unfortunetly, but hey! it looks cool. Wish it was on more maps, like Kashyyk, it's unfortunetly only there during the campaign.

My favorite would have been the Armored tank droid (I'm assuming it's the snail droid, in case you meant somthing else) but I'm not to fond of it's primary weapon. I just don't think the shotgun like effect fits tanks very well, just my opinion, it's still a cool vehicle but I would like it better if it had a normal cannon.

Yes, the AAT is much better in battlefront 2, it has secondary rockets unlike SWBF1 and if you manage to hit a vehicle in it's weakpoint with it's large cannon it can be an instant kill, much better then the SWBF2 version.

The AT-RT is good to, too good in fact for a vehicle of it's size, it should be a smaller, weaker, recon vehicle only good against infantry, but meh, most people would refuse to use it if it wasn't a heavier vehicle anyway.

The main thing I like better about SWBF2 recon droids is their lasers, they no longer suck but deal decent damage. That self destruct isn't to shabby either although it isn't as impressive as orbital strike. But at least this allows you to use it indoors, so I would say it's a definete improvement.

I agree, it takes a while to realize vehicles are no longer the over powered behemoths they were in SWBF1, they now play a more supportive role. I would venture to say that with critical hits and slicing most of the vehicle complaints from SWBF2 are addressed, vehicles should be supported with infantry, otherwise they'll get sliced, or they leave their critical points open, any vehicle just sitting there spawnkilling should be easily taken out by any player with moderate skill.

I'm glad they are no longer invincible but part of me wishes the lasers still had some splash damage, after all vehicles are supposed to be a viable threat that takes some skill to remove. I guess it just seems to me that instead of trying to find a good balance they just nerfed them. It's all for the best I suppose, at least they are not nerfed to the point of uselessness and most importantly they are no longer too overpowered.

For me, it's hard to say, as I rarely use them. I'm dissapointed there is so little variety in vehicle-based levels though, but not majorly as they are now support weapons or meat shields, which I kinda like.

Good old IFT-X. Best bit of Eu in the game.

Recon Droids aren't vehicles..
They can be consider a remote controlled vehicle. The recon droid is controlled/drived by you. It moves around and has weapons on it. It itself is not a weapon, but contains them. But your definition is more right than mine. It depends on how you define vehicle. I'm using a definition of a item that can move around on the battlefield and is controlled by someone, a driver.

actually if Recon Droid is a vehicle then its a darn good one, though not nearly as good as the ones in BF1(those rocks basically)

Think:

1) Getting destroyed won't get you killed.

2) Fast speed

5) Infinite quick respawn when standing by Ammo Droid.

4) Self destruction.

Too bad the self destruct is like a small nade and not the old school Orbital. *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

With a Hoth Dish Turret it's stupidly easy to take down an AT-AT if you have a clear shot at it's neck, in ESB they say that blasters won't do anything to them and the only way to take them down is tow cables, (or a fancy saber/grenade manuever).

Yet we can take one out with a single turret.

MADNESS.

I managed to get over my fear of flying and learn to master the space craft today. My favorites are the Tie Interceptor, and that Jedi Starfighter that Anakin and Obi fly in ROTS. The lock on feature was what made me get better at dog fights, and I finally mastered the thumbsticks to keep from flying into stuff. I don't do so hot with the clunky bombers and gun ships though :/

Archived