Home

Official EAW Site Updates! (discuss here)

Perfect Soldier

I did... I as well woke up at 10:00 today(But that is off subject) It was very good update but now I am not sure if the Venator is actually in the game now

I'm afraid that you're right. We haven't seen the Venerator in *any* screenshots (not even in the background), or *any* trailer/ movie/ preview/ e3demo. I think it's been cut, or reserved for an expansion. As long as they "do it well" we won't miss it in practice. It is a lot better than the Rebellion approach, which added SO many non-movie ships that it didn't feel like SW at all.

Think of WC3 if you've ever played it. I wasn't into that kind of game, but I gave it a shot a few years after it came out. Even though there aren't many different kinds of units, each is done with quality. Plus, there is less to balance, so the end result is more balanced (fewer redundant unit types).

edit: typo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't see any new updates to the site. I still see the same 2 or 3 units for each section, like "the troops," "the armies," etc. Supposedly the X-wing, Y-wing, and A-wing are supposed to be on there, but all I see for fleets is correlian corvette, star destroyer, and TIE scout. Am I looking in the wrong section?

You need to take your mouse out on one of the sides (outside the flash section) , right click and choose update to download the new Flash movie. Or press your refresh button.

...I thought this was already posted in the massive update thread yesterday...like around 10 or so...

EDIT: yeah, Luke posted it at about 9:30...Next time please look around the active threads when you decide to make a new one. We don't need 50 threads about "new updates on the EAW site."

Please keep reporting new updates in the same thread and comments about what is found in the update, while making new threads as needed about new theories from the updates. Just keeps the redundancy to a minimum and means we don't have to close nearly as many threads as we've been doing lately because forumers don't take the time to look at the top few threads, etc.

If nobody minds, I'm going to merge the two threads.

After looking at the game info section they consider this update a Rebel update and the last was an EU update. It seems they are updating their site with themed updates. Intereasting..

*blinks* You're right! Hmmm, that is interesting. I wonder if they'll do it like "Rebel Update" "Imperial Update" and "Nuetral Update" (such as creatures and storm effects). Or if they simply feel they've shown a ton of the Imperials through the preview demo and would like to balance that a little by showing a bit on the rebels.

Actually I think the next will be Imperial as your right on that one but I don't think It would be Neutral Update it will be a more Non-Faction or known as Gaia. Neutral means you have only a political part of the conflict (I know this from the RTS. experience). :wstupid::holosid::thmbup1::wirehead::hattip:

Same thing. You can call it what you like, non-faction, nuetral, nature, or Gaia if you're an Ages junky. I think you knew what I ment anyways. *shrug*

Hmmm anyone wanna comment on how some of these movies seem so/so. Take the X-Wing for example, they just do a 360 around it while its sitting still. Same thing for the A-Wing. You think they could show it in action or something

I do, i feel they are too short and do not hold or show that much information. I agree with you as well Popcorn on the x-wing movie, but there are clips far worse then that. Examples: Kyle Katarn, a few of the new planets, The Bothans...

Archived