Home

Official EAW Site Updates! (discuss here)

Perfect Soldier

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah PFF were trying to get more info for ages. Sadly I've turned my back on that forum for the moment. Cain's changed.

Anyway. The New Site is great. JFYI Corulag is Captain Jugger Page of the Katarn Commando's Homeworld. Ilum is the site of many Jedi's Lightsaber cores. Dantooine was a kotr Era jedi Academy, the Vergesso Asteroids are a Rebel Shipyards seen in Shadows of the Empire and XWA, The rest are well enough known apart from a few that Petro have come up with.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Watching some of the footage..the only thing that bothers me, are the voices from the commanders 'sir! we've lost the rear guns', 'sir weve lost shields' can you imagine that coming from every ship?

Hopefully it will only happen when you highlight a ship. Otherwise... volume OFF!

DMUK

Watching some of the footage..the only thing that bothers me, are the voices from the commanders 'sir! we've lost the rear guns', 'sir weve lost shields' can you imagine that coming from every ship?

Hopefully it will only happen when you highlight a ship. Otherwise... volume OFF!

DMUK

Yes I find it highly annoying also! Just look at the Imperial Star Destroyer video, it is filled with talk of losing various hardpoints from every single ship in the fleet! It gets annoying real fast.

I wouldn't mind knowing when any of my ships shields are lost...I think that's kind of important. Anyone notice the CRV blowing up? That looked cool.

Besides, in a real battle and on a real Star Destroyer you would hear every report like that.

I really want that Demo to come out...today.

Anyone notice the hypervelocity gun??? I guess us Imperials will need to watch out for K/Ws.

Yes I find it highly annoying also! Just look at the Imperial Star Destroyer video, it is filled with talk of losing various hardpoints from every single ship in the fleet! It gets annoying real fast.

Well, I would think that in a battle, an Admiral would want status reports from all his fleet. LOL!

Well, I would think that in a battle, an Admiral would want status reports from all his fleet. LOL!

I would like to know the status of my ships as well, but say you are in a major battle with all the same ship. You hear, "Sir, our rear blasters have been lost." It wouldnt help much seeing as you have a huge fleet, you would have to go one by one to figure out which one lost its rear blasters. It also seemed to get hugely clustered with reports overlapping each other.

I would like to know the status of my ships as well, but say you are in a major battle with all the same ship. You hear, "Sir, our rear blasters have been lost." It wouldnt help much seeing as you have a huge fleet, you would have to go one by one to figure out which one lost its rear blasters. It also seemed to get hugely clustered with reports overlapping each other.

Understood, certainly. Let me refine my answer. I don't mind the status updates, however, I hope they are designed to be an asset and not become cumbersome to the player.

I agree with you completely.

It also seemed to get hugely clustered with reports overlapping each other.

I fully agree.

I know it's impossible, but the best way to do it would be "X ISD has lost its rear blasters", X being the name of the ship. There should be at least some onscreen clues as to what ship just lost what.

Hey, I would prefer a sound alarm with a phrase popping up in a corner stating what just happened.

I like the new site, but am disapointed at the same time. Why? well lets re-cap the old site didn't give much info the new site does. Yet you only see two of each clips from each catergory and the rest say "COMING SOON" soon? when is soon? I think we have waited long enough. Also the game is coming out in 2 months or less, they better get working...

I'm lovin it. I was blown away. Sure we've seen trailers and all that, but none of it really followed any action for more than a second or two. This showed the action going full blown. Explosions in real time and battles going on, I was happy :)

Also giving us a sneak peek at all the planets and units is cruel and unusual punishment! I'm salivating over this stuff and have to wait now...oh well...

Archived