Home

Could Lightsabers ever become reality?

Nedak

Could Lightsabers become a reality?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Could Lightsabers become a reality?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

bit unusable in the off hand. also, it's not just iron that would make an electromagnet. most of the transition metals in their pure elemental form can become electromagnetised, and some compunds can be chemically converted into electromagnetisable matter. But thats all complictaed. and i dont think that iron could take the heat, nor the power cells. you would probably need something very specific to work it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah how about a non-metal then like say a piece of wood bearing in mind you'd have to replace it after about 10 mins of usage lol

i dunno for a real style lightsaber we're talking about the power of a nuclear reactor in a small handle but lets just say in some far up ahead future we can actually do this they would cause mass chaos if they fell into the wrong hands although there is always the approach HUGOMAND took......

Imagine if I stood with an AK47 and you had a lightsaber, who would win ?.

lol. i said it once. lots of practice. it could be used as a tool or quik and easy weapon. how many people carry knives? and the big robots. lol well if you can get them into space they would be a valuable tool. well the lightsaber doesnt need a reflect if its a plasma sword. laser does not cast showdows and the origanls do. they where sticks with digi while the new ones where all digi.

Well the old ones weren't digital (I don't think, I thought they were painted or rotoscoped), and the new ones are still using sticks in just about all cases (a few cases they're completely digital, or the blade is digital in a few cases like turning on a saber). And thus you can see saber shadows in the prequels as well (check the ROTS DVD during the Dooku/Obi-Wan/Anakin fight!).

Archived